• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeHeatnix

χBladeMaster;6247150 said:
What level are you on? I beat it first try on Critical mode at level 99. If you're level is too low, you won't stand a chance. It'll definitely be worth the time it takes to level up, especially if you use the gullwing exp boost.

I'm lvl 74, is that too low?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I usually just level up to gain abilities that allow me to survive. I mean: if a boss can drain all your HP in one series of attacks, you sure aren't levelling for THAT reason XD
But grinding does make you feel better going into it. I think 70s is doable on Critical, though I might just be the person who keeps trying well past my breaking point ^_^'

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I've done pretty much all there is to do in KH2FM, save for the gummi ships, so I'm focusing now on BBS.

HOT DAMN Aqua's campaign is the struggle on critical mode. I just spent half an hour trying to get through Castle of Dreams and I'm remembering how hard getting started as her was in the original.

Master_Aqua

I've done pretty much all there is to do in KH2FM, save for the gummi ships, so I'm focusing now on BBS.

HOT DAMN Aqua's campaign is the struggle on critical mode. I just spent half an hour trying to get through Castle of Dreams and I'm remembering how hard getting started as her was in the original.

Well what I did in the past is to use the Command Board right away to level up my commands and that really does help you :D.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Finally beat Terra' story, if only this game banged it over your head that you need to use guard then I would have beaten the lingering will battle quicker.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
YUSSSS! I did it. I finally defeated Larxene on LV1! :D I have been fighting her for the last three days, and today she went down. I feel so good! My hands are shaking and my whole body is full of adrenaline. I cant stress enough how hard that fight is. She will kill you in seconds, and even an little mistake can destroy your good run. My thumb hurts for smashing the square button, were I had reflect.

The only Disney bosses I have left are Jafar and Sark. Then there is the Ground Shaker in Pride Lands. Also Zexion, Marluxia, Vexen and Leaxeus. Vexen is going to be so hard...

Gull Wing

Awards
Beat Xemnas, and now I'll focus on getting S ranks on the Mushroom XIII. I'm not really in a hurry to start BbS, my brother is playing it on my account so he's already getting all the easy trophies for me.

BlazeHeatnix

Leveled to 99, which was way easier than I thought it'd be, and beat the Hades Cup finally.

Only thing left to do besides beating Terra is the Gummi trophies...Which I don't have the slightest clue how to do. How does one S-rank all the routes?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Leveled to 99, which was way easier than I thought it'd be, and beat the Hades Cup finally.

Only thing left to do besides beating Terra is the Gummi trophies...Which I don't have the slightest clue how to do. How does one S-rank all the routes?

You need to get as little damage as possible when doing the Gummi routes. Creating a donut ship with a lot of those neon things will really help.

Here is a good guide:

[video=youtube;xomkjhCzUaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xomkjhCzUaM[/video]

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I must really suck because I can't beat Lingering Spirit. The best I could do was get half his HP down using the rock strategy. Btw, that strategy is awful, because he always comes around the rock (and I'm using the big one that's behind him at the beginning of the battle). I've read that Aqua's supposed to be invincible while dodging, but that's apparently not the case. I've tried mine squares, but he just flies at me even when not doing his shotlock command, so... I guess I'll never have 100% with BbS.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Leveling up in KHII isn't the chore I thought it would be. I leveled up to 85, gained Second Chance, and beat Sephiroth. I'll probably level up to 99 just to get it over with and try to defeat the Organization members.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I must really suck because I can't beat Lingering Spirit. The best I could do was get half his HP down using the rock strategy. Btw, that strategy is awful, because he always comes around the rock (and I'm using the big one that's behind him at the beginning of the battle). I've read that Aqua's supposed to be invincible while dodging, but that's apparently not the case. I've tried mine squares, but he just flies at me even when not doing his shotlock command, so... I guess I'll never have 100% with BbS.

Use Seeker Mines as primary means of attack, as when you're playing Aqua you have access to those and unlike Mysterious Figure (who hops over mines) Vanitas' Spirit just runs into them every time.
The Seeker Mines also have the advantage that they seek out the enemy. From a Mine Square at most two or three mines hit, that's why for Terra it's better to use Aerial Slam as primary attack while Ventus should rely on Tornado.

That depends on what dodge you're using. The normal one or the extended one (Firewheel in Aqua's case)?
The extended dodge with the elemental properties actually has less invincibility frames than the regular one.

BlazeHeatnix

Leveling up in KHII isn't the chore I thought it would be. I leveled up to 85, gained Second Chance, and beat Sephiroth. I'll probably level up to 99 just to get it over with and try to defeat the Organization members.

To level up fast, equip Gull Wing and Experience Boost, get yourself to critical health, turn Donald Cure off, and change your allies to "Sora Attack". Then just run through TWTNW's castle and kill every enemy you see. You should gain at least 2 levels for each run.

Master_Aqua

Use Seeker Mines as primary means of attack, as when you're playing Aqua you have access to those and unlike Mysterious Figure (who hops over mines) Vanitas' Spirit just runs into them every time.
The Seeker Mines also have the advantage that they seek out the enemy. From a Mine Square at most two or three mines hit, that's why for Terra it's better to use Aerial Slam as primary attack while Ventus should rely on Tornado.

That depends on what dodge you're using. The normal one or the extended one (Firewheel in Aqua's case)?
The extended dodge with the elemental properties actually has less invincibility frames than the regular one.

Actually the rock strategy really does work, I've beaten Vanitas Remnant many times with that strategy. Just go behind that big rock and also, Vanitas Remnant wasn't developed with the smartest AI and thank goodness it wasn't or we would all be screwed XD. The commands you would want to equip at least two curagas and I do believe the rest should be several forms of strike raid (i.e. Strike Raid, Wind Raid, etc Ice Raid.... you get the point, many Strike Raids). The Strike Raids go through that rock and hit the Remnant. Good thing is that they recharge pretty fast, especially if you have the ability where commands recharge faster and multiply that ability. Also in order for it to pass through the rock, you have to be locked onto the Remnant. Keep hitting him and that will keep him in his place, he won't move from the rock. It's a cheap tactic, yes I know however, it gets the job done and in the end, that's all that really matters :D.

Also I won the battle with Aqua so her normal cartwheel is what I most recommend for both secret bosses since it has more invincibility frames than her fire cartwheel.

Elysium

Awards
I did beat VS using the rock strategy, but that was only after I changed from firewheel to cartwheel. He always comes around the rock, but at least I can spin around to the other side before he kills me and then Vanish.

Mysterious Figure... If I beat him, it'll be luck. It's all dodging, shotlocks right now. I read fire and thunder surge work well? I also read something about how he's easier the lower level you are, and that he becomes easier if you retry repeatedly rather than loading your game back. Not sure if that's true or not.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually the rock strategy really does work, I've beaten Vanitas Remnant many times with that strategy. Just go behind that big rock and also, Vanitas Remnant wasn't developed with the smartest AI and thank goodness it wasn't or we would all be screwed XD. The commands you would want to equip at least two curagas and I do believe the rest should be several forms of strike raid (i.e. Strike Raid, Wind Raid, etc Ice Raid.... you get the point, many Strike Raids). The Strike Raids go through that rock and hit the Remnant. Good thing is that they recharge pretty fast, especially if you have the ability where commands recharge faster and multiply that ability. Also in order for it to pass through the rock, you have to be locked onto the Remnant. Keep hitting him and that will keep him in his place, he won't move from the rock. It's a cheap tactic, yes I know however, it gets the job done and in the end, that's all that really matters :D.

Also I won the battle with Aqua so her normal cartwheel is what I most recommend for both secret bosses since it has more invincibility frames than her fire cartwheel.

I never claimed that it won't work, however the "rock strategy" is nothing but exploiting the AI and thus akin to cheating, hence why I provided a strategy with which the boss can be beaten without resorting to cheap tricks.

The normal dodge abilities are preferable in general against bosses because they have more invincibility frames. The extended dodges which also do damage may work for regular enemies, but against bosses the damage is forgettable and the shorter invincibility hurts.
Or the other way around: If you want Aqua and Ven to have a crappy dodge like Terra, equip their "advanced" dodge abilities. ;P

Mysterious Figure... If I beat him, it'll be luck. It's all dodging, shotlocks right now. I read fire and thunder surge work well? I also read something about how he's easier the lower level you are, and that he becomes easier if you retry repeatedly rather than loading your game back. Not sure if that's true or not.

Shotlocks only work against the Figure if you do 3 to 4 lock ons maximum.
Not only does he try to avoid the target cursor, he also can use renewal block in the middle of a shotlock attack, making any hits beyond the fourth actually heal him instead of doing damage.
Fire and Thunder Surge are indeed the most effective, they can even serve as another pseudo-dodge as they cover a lot of ground. Aqua can also bring along Barrier Surge.
I read somewhere that Ventus' Wingblade is also rather effective against him, but I couldn't yet test that strategy out.

I don't know about these, the only thing I heard regarding such "tricks" is that the fewer abilities you have equipped, the fewer strong attacks he uses.

Elysium

Awards
I was wondering what was up with him regaining HP at times. The shotlock that worked best for me was Bio Barrage. I also read about the abilities thing. I'll try again tomorrow when I have got my patience back.

Btw, this may be a dumb question...but do you have to fight VS and MF as all three characters...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back