• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Thanks for the information. Maybe I will attempt Critical mode... one day.

it isn't really all that difficult. bbs fm on CM is a breeze, II FM can be a bitch at first but once you get into the swing of it, its gravy. xemnas isn't as difficult as you might think either.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah, that was definitely my experience. I realized toward the end that I hadn't died in a while and realized most of the deaths were at the front, after which you a) get used to the game and b) gain enough spells, abilities and HP to overcome the initial hurdle. There's definitely a reason the game front-loads the AP and new abilities, to offset this initial challenge. But once you catch up, you're golden.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Which difficulty were playing KH2, WhinyAcademic? Was the sense of weakness a factor of Critical mode, or just something native to the feel of KH2 that you hadn't noticed before?

I played it in Standard Mode; so you or others had felt this in the past? Like I said, I figured it was my mind playing tricks on me coming off of KHFM.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Most of the Data-Fights had some alternations, when compared to the original ones. Example in the Xigbar Data-Fight, he dosen`t reload at all. You have to catch him off guard, or deflect the bullets he shoots back at him. Also he shoots a lot faster, than in the original fight. So the fight is little bit more than a longer version. :)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I played it in Standard Mode; so you or others had felt this in the past? Like I said, I figured it was my mind playing tricks on me coming off of KHFM.

I feel hits in KH2 has a lack of tactile impact, though not necessarily gameplay impact. It's hard to say.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
and the demyx fight, tbh I haven't gotten past the first clone wave so that's probably a little bit different lol.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Well, my BBS playthrough is done. Started on Feb 11th and finished on April 8th. I do a lot of weird spacing during my playthroughs since I like to make last as long as possible. Did the final episode and secret episode back-to-back. It was an epic afternoon. Overall it was a spectacular playthrough. It helps I hadn't done one since the game came out and while I obviously know how the game plays out, I don't know BBS inside and out like I do KH2 so it was as if I had been playing the game for the first time. And no other KH game evokes the emotion that BBS does. Watching everything come together, the sadness/hopefulness in the ending and the best version of Dearly Beloved and I was tearing up on the inside. So yeah, great game.

In about a week I'll watch Coded for the first time ever. Of my KH life anything Coded related has probably taken up about 0.01%. After I watch it my 1.5 & 2.5 playthrough marathon will be complete. It's been going on since the beginning of October but it's a great way to make the school year go by.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Funny enough, I haven't gotten around to coded (or even days but that's off topic) because I don't want to spend 3+ hours on a cinematic I've already watched. if it was a game it'd be different but I only plan on viewing it for the trophies.

khi should have "announced" dream drop distance HD as a movie for April 1st.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Oh yeah what's the deal with Blank Points not being fully rendered in HD? Is it intentionally that way? Did they just run out of time? Did they forget or get lazy? I also wonder why the scene before the 1000 heartless battle is like that as well.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
and the demyx fight, tbh I haven't gotten past the first clone wave so that's probably a little bit different lol.

Only way to do that fight is load up on Elixirs, Equip Bonds of Flame, Spam Master Form/Final Form Firaga the whole dam fight.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh yeah what's the deal with Blank Points not being fully rendered in HD? Is it intentionally that way? Did they just run out of time? Did they forget or get lazy? I also wonder why the scene before the 1000 heartless battle is like that as well.

lol I never noticed either. blank points I wasn't paying attention to and I skipped most scenes in II so I'm probably one of the few on this site to have not noticed it. It was a great big fuck up at a technical point of view yeah, but it was really minuscule tbh.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
lol I never noticed either. blank points I wasn't paying attention to and I skipped most scenes in II so I'm probably one of the few on this site to have not noticed it. It was a great big diddly up at a technical point of view yeah, but it was really minuscule tbh.

It's just unacceptable. I mean this is the final cutscene in the game and it looks like crap. I really would like an explanation for why that is.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, my BBS playthrough is done. Started on Feb 11th and finished on April 8th. I do a lot of weird spacing during my playthroughs since I like to make last as long as possible. Did the final episode and secret episode back-to-back. It was an epic afternoon. Overall it was a spectacular playthrough. It helps I hadn't done one since the game came out and while I obviously know how the game plays out, I don't know BBS inside and out like I do KH2 so it was as if I had been playing the game for the first time. And no other KH game evokes the emotion that BBS does. Watching everything come together, the sadness/hopefulness in the ending and the best version of Dearly Beloved and I was tearing up on the inside. So yeah, great game.

In about a week I'll watch Coded for the first time ever. Of my KH life anything Coded related has probably taken up about 0.01%. After I watch it my 1.5 & 2.5 playthrough marathon will be complete. It's been going on since the beginning of October but it's a great way to make the school year go by.

Mine's going even slower. :p I've already completed Terra's story and I'm almost done with Ven's (about to enter the Keyblade Graveyard). Aqua's might be a problem as I am the worst with her. xD

And the Coded cinematics are fun. I enjoyed them and I'm thinking of watching them again soon.

Only way to do that fight is load up on Elixirs, Equip Bonds of Flame, Spam Master Form/Final Form Firaga the whole dam fight.

I can vouch that this is pretty much the only strategy that works.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Beat Data Demyx, the Ether/Eiixer, Bond Of of Flame, and Firaga spam work, jut forgot he doesn't drop Lost Illusion, so time to get destroyed by ones that do.

And to get the whole 1000 Heartless/Blank Point issue because there was already a whole thread to that, those are pre rendered scenes, that is all, and nothing more.

hlc1988

Awards
Do I have to do the Mushrooms in order? Or doesn't it matter? I thought I'd ask because I've done 2 and 4.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Beat Data Demyx, the Ether/Eiixer, Bond Of of Flame, and Firaga spam work, jut forgot he doesn't drop Lost Illusion, so time to get destroyed by ones that do.

And to get the whole 1000 Heartless/Blank Point issue because there was already a whole thread to that, those are pre rendered scenes, that is all, and nothing more.

Demyx was one of those fights that was only considered challenging because of the gimmick that's in place (Luxord is the other). As for the Lost Illusions, IIRC, the Data members that drop them are the ones that were Absent Silhouettes. Ironically, I consider Marluxia to be much easier on any level run other than a Level 1 run since you're more decked out with abilities like Second Chance and Once More.

Do I have to do the Mushrooms in order? Or doesn't it matter? I thought I'd ask because I've done 2 and 4.

You don't have to do them in order aside from Mushroom XIII who will only show up after the other mushrooms have been satisfied.

hlc1988

Awards
You don't have to do them in order aside from Mushroom XIII who will only show up after the other mushrooms have been satisfied.

Thanks. I'm having a few problems with trying to do the mushrooms but I'm going to keep on trying. I know what I have to do, its just refining my technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back