• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you rank the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My ranking right now is:

1. KH1
2. KH3
3. CoM
4. 3D
5. KH2
6. re:Coded
7. Days
8. BbS

The first four games are my favorites because they represent what I love about this series. SDG interactions, heavy focus on Riku, command menu. The first three games have the best dialogue in the series. 1, 3, and 3D have the best-designed worlds. 1 and 3 have the best infusion of Disney with the original characters/plot, imo, although KH1 still reigns supreme on that point. I love CoM's cards and 3D's Dream Eaters. I love the use of FF characters in 1 / CoM (and 2), and TWEWY characters in 3D.

Even if the game's flawed, imo, I still re-play KH2 because of the music, SDG, the reunion with Riku in TWTNW, and other tidbits throughout (Beast's Castle's 2nd Visit, TRON, Radiant Garden, the humor at the Coliseum). The flaw of re:Coded is how inconsequential it feels. I've only played it once, although I did enjoy it. I liked that Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Jiminy got to do something.

My feelings towards Days and BbS are similar—they’re both slogs. Just imagining playing them again exhausts me. BbS is the better game as far as gameplay, graphics, design, etc., but Days does a better job with its characters and story, imo. RAX has always been the strongest trio in the series for that reason.

mytomxxx

As I'm more of a gameplay\visual guy I rank the games more about this and lessa bout story.

so it is

kh2fm
kh3
kh1fm
BBS
CoM
3D

Last edited:

TVA1994

I'm finishing up KH 3 and so this list probably won't be final list until i finish 3 and replay all of them in chronological order to get a real true idea but my ranking as of now goes:

KH3
KH2
BBS
KH1
DDD
358/2 Days
Fragmentary Passage

(All below are ones I absolutely hate gameplay wise not as much story and just refuse to replay and will only continue to just watch)
Chain of Memories
(never actually played just watched) Coded

3, 2 and BBS I loved everything about them absolutely. 1 I love but the gameplay and animation doesn't age as well as the others but still fun to play. DDD was fun but I didn't care so much for the dream eaters and some of the worlds they picked (I really only loved being in Tron Legacy and Musketeers the others were okay) and it didn't have a lot of extra stuff to do per se like the first 3-4 games on my list. I still would replay it but the replay value isn't as high. 358/2 Days I liked Roxas, Axel and Xion's story with the organization and on the original DS it was enjoyable for that time since it was the first game post 2 release I could play. I'm glad they turned into a movie sort of thing but overall the game/movie is just okay and Fragmentary Passage was cool and I love playing as Aqua (she, Riku, and Mickey are my top 3) but it was just a quarter to a half a size of a game so it's lower. Absolutely hated playing Chain of Memories the card based system is so stupid and incomparable to the other KH gameplay systems and jumping from the same exact worlds as 1 is annoying. Only thing that I liked was the Castle Oblivion specific stuff. Coded didn't interest me really. It just didn't and gameplay was better than Chain maybe but still same KH 1 style stuff and one game is enough of that.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
KH3
KH1
KH2
KH3D
BBS
CoM

Chain of Memories isn't bad. It's just not like the others.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Ranking these games is so hard for me because they feel so different in every way. The only way I can do it if its by categories.

Gameplay enjoyment: To clarify, whether the mechanics are balanced or not don't count.

1. Kingdom Hearts 2
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3
  3. Kingdom Hearts 1

Story enjoyment:

1. Kingdom Hearts 1
  2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Character/Script Wise:

1. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  2. Kingdom Hearts 1
  3. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Effort despite limitations:

1. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
  2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  3. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

GrumpyRoxy

Story: KH1 > KH3 > BBS > COM > Days > 2 > DDD > Coded
Gameplay: KH3 > KH2 > KH1 > BBS/DDD/Coded > COM > Days
Side content: KH2FM > KH3 = KHFM > KHBBSFM > KH1 > BBS > KH2 > DDD > COM (never tried Days or Coded side content)

Overall enjoyment: KH3 > KH2 > KH1 > COM > DDD > BBS > Coded > Days

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Union Cross
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Kingdom Hearts V-Cast

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Ugh, its hard to know for sure right now, since my opinions have shifted over the years already.

But right now:

KH1 FM
KH3
BBS FM
KH2 FM (like especially, vanilla KH2 goes near the bottom lol)
COM
DDD
Re:Coded
Days
UX

I really loved Coded's gameplay and Days' overall story, but it had plenty of issues, half of which are probably just hardware. And the mission format was meh.

Edit: And I guess I consider 0.2 a part of III at this point.
Oh, and UX sucks right now so its super at the bottom lol.

Darkness Call

If going by every single canon game including the mobile ones my list would go

KH2/and FM version of course
KH3
DDD/3D
BBS/ and FM version
Chi for the story
UX for the story
CoM/gba/re
358/2 Days
Re:Coded
Kh1/FM version

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
One thing I've noticed is that KH2 most of the time tanks higher than KH1. This baffles me, as I didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. I know the gameplay is fluid, but everything else is kinda a mess. And it's weird but I really enjoyed the platformer and dungeon-like aspects of KH1 a lot... And for me, I can play a game with "bad" gameplay and good story/characters.

KH1FM
358/2 Days
BBS
KH3
RCoM
KH2FM
DDD
RC
UX

FATE

Awards
Battle system
KH2FM
KH3
KH1FM

Story
KH1FM
KH2FM
KH3

Exploration/Level Design
KH3
KH1FM
KH2FM

The 3 main games really balance each other out.
I'm more of a battle system kind of guy so KH2FM still takes the crown for me.

Here's hoping that they combine all the previous games strenghts in the future.

ImVentus

Awards
Replayabilty
. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
. Birth By Sleep Final Mix
. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
. Kingdom Hearts 3

Story
. Chain Of Memories
. Birth By Sleep, formulaic, yet memorable and is well executed with it's stakes.
The rest is nowhere near as engaging, but not the worst you could find. However, Kingdom Hearts 3 would be at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
1 KH3
2 KH2
3 KH1
4 BBS
5 3D
6 Coded
7 CoM
8 Days

0.2 is a prologue for 3 so I'm not counting it but it's up by 3.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
One thing I've noticed is that KH2 most of the time ranks higher than KH1. This baffles me, as I didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. I know the gameplay is fluid, but everything else is kinda a mess. And it's weird but I really enjoyed the platformer and dungeon-like aspects of KH1 a lot... And for me, I can play a game with "bad" gameplay and good story/characters.
I agree. Sora moves fluidly end-game, but that’s the extent of my enjoyment of KH2’s gameplay. KH3 definitely blows it out of the water on every front, but I've always preferred the gameplay in CoM and KH1 to KH2 as well. Different strokes.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Neo_

Awards
I was just thinking about this today, and how KH1 was more impressive for its time than KH3 is now.

It's very hard to tell now, but I feel like KH1 may still be my favorite as well; I actually find it quite comparable to the Mario sandbox games:

KH1 = Mario 64
KH2 = Sunshine
KH3 = Odyssey

I like them all in the same order (KH1 > KH3 > KH2... I'm aware this is the complete opposite of popular opinion); KH1's charm is otherworldly (I don't play these games just for the combat), while I feel like KH3 should be better for as long as we've waited.

furusatoe

I'm in the camp that believes vanilla KH2 was an insanely easy bore that didn't become great until Critical Mode and all of the excellent post-game content was added in KH2FM. (And to those who complain about the difficulty in KH3, it's still far more challenging than vanilla KH2 ever was.) I'm not sure why people go off thinking it's leaps and bounds above KH1.

I just played through the whole series starting in November, with everything but KH1 and KH2 being for the first time. I'm not going to rank COM because I skipped it, and I'm not ranking any of the condensed movie games either (haven't played the originals). I'm also ranking these by both how much I enjoyed them in the moment and how likely I am to go back to them in the future. Assume Final Mix if available.

KH1
KH3 / 0.2
KH2
BBS
DDD

Back