• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you like it implemented?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes I know the odds are slim but let's get some life in this section again.

Simple question really:

If SE/Nomura actually decided to incorporate Dream Drop Distance into either 2.5, the ps3 or heck even KH3 how would you like them to do it?

Rael_Oblivion

I would want to be able to play it as its own game and have a re:DDD like we got re:CoM. Flowmotion on a big screen would be great! If Nomura does end up basing some of the KH3 gameplay on the DDD mechanics, it would be good to figure out how it handles with a controller. It's too important to the storyline to be relegated to a series of cutscenes, imo.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
How would I like them to do it? Well, everything that uses the bottom screen (reaction commands, mini games, ect.) would have to change, wouldn't it? I definitely want reaction commands to become simple buttons presses as it's must faster than sliding the bottom screen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How would I like them to do it? Well, everything that uses the bottom screen (reaction commands, mini games, ect.) would have to change, wouldn't it? I definitely want reaction commands to become simple buttons presses as it's must faster than sliding the bottom screen.

Yeah, but the touch mechanics were gimmicks at best. Not really a core of the game. Reality Shifts were awesome, but I don't think people went out of their way to use them. They could program them to be button commands. Flick Rush could be play by using the analog sticks.

Or they could make a Re:3D compatible with the DS4 and use touch commands that way, but with the option to switch back to button commands with the DS4 if you want.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Reality Shifts were awesome, but I don't think people went out of their way to use them.
I know I didn't. The only time I can remember using them was in the Riku-Grid boss battle and YX which was mandatory in YX's case.
But then again that may be just me, I wasn't fond of most of DDD's features like RS or flowmotion. *I also got tired of having to take care of DE's quick too*

And it's for those reasons that I'd be happy with just a theater mode on 2.5 or some sort of recap in KH3's opening menu. (like the one FF13-2 had for FF13)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I only used the mandatory Reality Shifts as well (curse you Young Xehanort and your short time window.) I wasn't really a fan of the Reality Shift either.

But, yeah, I wouldn't mind if we just get the cutscenes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Stirring the pot time: lately I've wondered if RE:DDD on Wii U makes the most sense. It's certainly more plausible than KH3 on Wii U, at least DDD was originally on Nintendo hardware & it would make it easier to implement reality shifts on the gamepad.

Wanted features:
-Gamepad's touchscreen takes the place of 3DS' bottom screen.
-All abilities stay with the player when the party changes line-up.
-Keep drop meter but slow it down & disable it entirely on bossfights.
-Frollo, CLU, Monstro, TWEWY bossfights.
-Ursula, Giant Tyanto Rex, Beagle Boys, Spellican's bossrush, Chernabog, ABCN, & Ansem rematch portals (or at least a ton more save files).
-Donkey DE, seriously how did they not think to put those in Pleasure Island?
-Wild idea: co-op mode with 1 player using pro controller & TV, while the other plays on gamepad. In-game, the TV player is the "lucid" one, playing as whomever is the current character in rotation. The gamepad player's character is explained to be in a non-lucid dream-state, able to fight enemies but doesn't have a presence in cutscenes. The drop meter would still in effect so the players are swapping characters every 15 minutes or so.

However regardless of which platform it winds up on I simply can not imagine "cutscenes only" being an option & I'm shocked at how quick some people are to accept that possibility. The only reason Days & Coded aren't playable is because DS graphics were too low to make a direct HD conversion viable. DDD can just be a quick port like all HD ports. Plus DDD is a mainline game, it's too important to demote.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
However regardless of which platform it winds up on I simply can not imagine "cutscenes only" being an option & I'm shocked at how quick some people are to accept that possibility. The only reason Days & Coded aren't playable is because DS graphics were too low to make a direct HD conversion viable. DDD can just be a quick port like all HD ports. Plus DDD is a mainline game, it's too important to demote.

I would assume that many people who accept that quickly are those who a) see that being the treatment all Nintendo titles have got (CoM doesn't count because it had already a Sony-remake), b) the gameplay-gimmicks of DDD being more costly/difficult to adopt on a new platform, c) remaking DDD completely would detract more time that would be invested better in KH III and d) because all real importance of DDD is located within the cutscenes at the end and between each world, the events of the last world in its entirety and the glossary.
DDD itself already has a neat theater mode that in conjunction with the glossary and chronicles practically delivers all important stuff that's needed for KH III without need to spend one additional iota of work on gameplay mechanics.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I want to play it as well. Too many new worlds I haven't tried out yet and the story is crazy important for KH3. They need to adapt the gameplay and release it as re:3D (sounds even more terrible than the original title) or better yet, KH 3D Final HD ReMix.

I don't believe the "cutscenes solution" would do the game justice.I still can't believe how butchered 358/2 Days ended up feeling on the PS3.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Stirring the pot time: lately I've wondered if RE:DDD on Wii U makes the most sense. It's certainly more plausible than KH3 on Wii U, at least DDD was originally on Nintendo hardware & it would make it easier to implement reality shifts on the gamepad.
Except that'd only play back into the console spreading issue that the remasters are meant to fix.

The only reason Days & Coded aren't playable is because DS graphics were too low to make a direct HD conversion viable.
That's not entirely correct because time constraints also play a role in at least days being made into a movie.

I would assume that many people who accept that quickly are those who a) see that being the treatment all Nintendo titles have got (CoM doesn't count because it had already a Sony-remake), b) the gameplay-gimmicks of DDD being more costly/difficult to adopt on a new platform, c) remaking DDD completely would detract more time that would be invested better in KH III and d) because all real importance of DDD is located within the cutscenes at the end and between each world, the events of the last world in its entirety and the glossary.
DDD itself already has a neat theater mode that in conjunction with the glossary and chronicles practically delivers all important stuff that's needed for KH III without need to spend one additional iota of work on gameplay mechanics.
Exactly this ^
I'm much rather have the real importance, the story, in the form of cutscenes only rather than the lengthy process of reworking the gimmicks of DDD into gameplay because I'd rather them be focusing on something new instead of taking time away from new games like KH3.

However I feel this way because I didn't enjoy DDD's gameplay and I won't miss it in the slightest if it's gone. While at the same time I do feel it's story is important and should be included in 2.5 or in some form of recap at the start up menu of KH3 thus why I'd be happy to just have it's scenes.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wish they'd release a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix version for the PS3 similar to re:CoM. Then, after KH3 has been released (whenever that is), include it with KH3 Final Mix in a Kingdom Hearts 3.5 HD ReMIX a year or so later.

axel95

Awards
I think that DDD would be awesome on in 1080p on a big screen. But I just don't see how they can successfully implement all of the gameplay mechanics that made DDD unique. They might be able to do so with the DS4, but I just don't see it happening with a DS3. I think we are more likely to get cinematics in KH3 than anything. Or SE could do what they did with Re:Com and package Re:DDD with KH3FM.

dgdx218

As 3D is the newest KH game it probably won't happen for a bit, but I would also like to see a re:Dream Drop Distance on the PS3,PS4, or the Wii U(as the game is on the 3DS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back