• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you feel if you learned that God did exist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodaciously G

If God did exist, I would question him and his supposedly being merciful. And then if he gives me the wrong answer, I'll give him the middle finger and walk away.

I know God doesn't exist.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Not really that surprised I guess but happy as long as there's clear enough proof that shows that he exists. I've always thought that there may have been some very Intelligent Designer of the Universe, but then I'd wonder to myself... How was he always there? Where did he come from? How did he come to existance? I'd have a lot of questions in my head but I think the answer wouldn't be something the human mind can actually come into understanding easily. So I'd probably have some more questions, but I feel doubt they'll be answered.
Edit: But would that be questioning him? Just asking

Last edited:

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
First, I'd tell him that "Oh well, guessed wrong... but before you kick me into Eternal Damnation..."

I'd somehow pull out a judge stand and jury, and hold him accountable for all of the actions that have been made in his presence/name that have been with/without his consent. Essentially, hold him on trial for the history of the Universe.

He'd probably smite me out of annoyance, but oh well.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
If I found out that God does exist, I'd feel very conflicted.

I think I'd probably feel guilty for not really caring if he does or doesn't exist, which is a contradiction/hypocrisy considering I really shouldn't care either way. I'm one of those people who doesn't really think too much on the unknown, on what science cannot "solve", as it were. Not to get into a religious debate about his existence but I'm much more at ease just dismissing God entirely - in a way that isn't even atheistic - since I don't believe that if his existence is proved it would be by scientific research and experiment. I don't want to dwell too much on what I see as illogical - and I do see God's existence, if I really, honestly were to care about it as logical - so learning that this deity that I think of as such would probably fcuk with my mind for a while.

I'm also very paranoid and suspicious so I'd probably live my life in conflict with myself unable to believe that he really existed, even with the proof. That is also a contradiction considering I believe in fact. I'd probably end up thinking it was all a hoax, to tell you the truth.

But then, later on, I'd wonder what this God is like, and who he really is. Is he as Christianity says, or Islam, or Sikhism or Hinduism, etc.? Will he punish me for a lack of belief? Or will he forgive me, be benevolent? Or will he not really care at all? Would my "I don't care if he does or does not exist" be a product of his rule? Would it be because of him that I didn't care? Did he make me that way?

I think it would torment me, to put it simply.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
If I found out that God does exist, I'd feel very conflicted.

I think I'd probably feel guilty for not really caring if he does or doesn't exist, which is a contradiction/hypocrisy considering I really shouldn't care either way. I'm one of those people who doesn't really think too much on the unknown, on what science cannot "solve", as it were. Not to get into a religious debate about his existence but I'm much more at ease just dismissing God entirely - in a way that isn't even atheistic - since I don't believe that if his existence is proved it would be by scientific research and experiment. I don't want to dwell too much on what I see as illogical - and I do see God's existence, if I really, honestly were to care about it as logical - so learning that this deity that I think of as such would probably fcuk with my mind for a while.

I'm also very paranoid and suspicious so I'd probably live my life in conflict with myself unable to believe that he really existed, even with the proof. That is also a contradiction considering I believe in fact. I'd probably end up thinking it was all a hoax, to tell you the truth.

But then, later on, I'd wonder what this God is like, and who he really is. Is he as Christianity says, or Islam, or Sikhism or Hinduism, etc.? Will he punish me for a lack of belief? Or will he forgive me, be benevolent? Or will he not really care at all? Would my "I don't care if he does or does not exist" be a product of his rule? Would it be because of him that I didn't care? Did he make me that way?

I think it would torment me, to put it simply.
Wow...your comment has seriously got me thinking....geez

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I think...that I would be sad and confused despite growing up in a Christian environment mainly because I'm currently struggling with what I believe as far as the existance of God is concerned. I've always thought I believed in his existance but finding out that he does would be like wow. I can imagine suddenly wanting to go to church again but fighting it saying that if I didn't believe when I didn't know then I don't deserve to now.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
I am a Christian so i do believe in him, i think i would give him a big hug.

For those who ask "why does he let good people die and all the bad stuff happen"
Its simple, because God made us with freewill and with that power we can choose to do good or evil. When people do evil things God can't just stop it, he would be tampering with the freewill he gave us, which makes us us

Gram

Banned
Awards
no different than i do now, i think he's real tho im no religous person since i veiw most (AND I DID SAY MOST) religous people are hipacritical *did i spell that right?*

Camilo101

I think it would be more sensible if this thread was asking "How would you feel if Judgement Day came right now?" or "How would you feel if you learned He exists once you've died?" because those are the only situations in which we'll know for sure. Well it says in the Bible that every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that he is the Lord, so I think that would be the first thing I'd do.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Depends on the god. If it's the NT God, bullet dodged. If it's the OT God, we are all so fucked. If it's Odin, then vikings.

*Rikku*

Awards
I will be calm down and I knew what I wano knew. but I have a unknow felling thet I will kill my self!

Camilo101

Depends on the god. If it's the NT God, bullet dodged. If it's the OT God, we are all so fucked. If it's Odin, then vikings.

If I may correct you, God is the same God throughout the entire Bible, he has never changed. The difference however, is in the agreements of the old and new testament. The old agreement was with Abraham and the law given through Moses, while the new agreement with Christ is the one that stands today.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I'd prefer Zeus to pop his head out of the clouds than Odin.

But if we are saying God, I'm going to Hell anyways. Might as well ask him for a better room.

Semper Sanctum

That it would forever interrupt the course of human events and change life on Earth irrevocably. Sadly, I am no prophet, so I can't say whether that would be good or bad, but from the viewpoint of the Old Testament, the last time God was involved in the daily life of the Earth, life pretty much sucked.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
If I may correct you, God is the same God throughout the entire Bible, he has never changed. The difference however, is in the agreements of the old and new testament. The old agreement was with Abraham and the law given through Moses, while the new agreement with Christ is the one that stands today.

Given my history here, it's hilarious you're telling this to me. Suffice it to say, like Semper said, life in the OT (whether you were a believer or not) sucked ass. Hard.

But if we are saying God, I'm going to Hell anyways. Might as well ask him for a better room.

Unless he's a god that respects logic and reason and abhors blind faith. In which case, high-five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back