• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you feel if it was revealed the Master of Masters wasn’t the main antagonist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Just a random thought and this will probably never happen but I was wondering how people would feel if Nomura decided that the Master of Masters was just a pawn being used by someone even more powerful as part of their plan, just like how the Master of Masters technically had Luxu manipulate some events by helping Xehanort in order to start another war.

Honestly if this was revealed I would hate it as:

1) reusing the same plot point again
2) Masters of Masters is being set up to being the major antagonist for the next game so to find out he was just a part of someone else’s plan would just be very bad and disappointing writing on Nomura part.

I know Nomura likes surprise twists in the plot but I hope he never does this, but I’m curious how everyone else would feel if this happened?

cakito123

Awards
I would hate it too, except IF AND ONLY IF

Xigbar steals his spot as the main villain. Honestly, I just LOVE xigbar so much that when I found out he was Luxu I lost my mind - for 30 seconds. Because he is not his own villain, he is just a part of someone else's big plan.
HOWEVER
HOWEVER
If the MoM is revealed to be on the good side and Xigbar betrays him, that'd be really good because we've been seeing Xigbar since forever and his build up for that would be enourmously payed off

okhi12

Awards
I think that's one of the most overused cliches in entertainment media, specially manga/anime and videogames. I don't want it to happen, but I totally think it will.

I would like the Master of Masters to be actually neutral in some way. He sets things in motion and works towards a goal but not affiliated to darkness or light, doing questionable things but without being mannipulated by someone/something else and not being a ''true'' villain at all even if Sora gets to fight him, just an ambiguous character till the very end with his own agenda. If he ends up being an evil villain after all, i want him to act on his own will anyway.

I prefer those evil characters that are evil just because, without a particular reason. If the MoM is a crazy maniac that wants to do experiments with the worldlines, futures and reality itself without caring about the outcome or the greater good just for the fun of it, I'd like it better than Xehanort's ''I have seen the darkness growing in weak people's hearts so I'll reset the world to clean it''. I'm tired of those villains who have supposedly deep phylosophical motivations that are lacking in the end, and I hate it even more when they try to redeem themselves just before dying. Which I don't think Xehanort did, by the way. Not at all.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I think it's been made clear that nobody's manipulating The Master of Masters . However I have 2 theories that seem more likely. Both of them heavily involve the Darkness (the character from Union X).

First is that he and the Darkness will both serve as independent antagonists who oppose each other. They are shown to be bitter enemies but have some history. This would allow him to keep his hype as a villain without being anyone's pawn.

The second option is to not make him a villain after all. While he's certainly shady, he's consistently shown a strong desire to protect the Light and possibly has noble intentions. The Foretellers are all very loyal to him and imply he's a good leader. I could easily see him being either Chaotic Neutral or even Chaotic good.

Either way, Darkness is shaping up to be an antagonist of Phase 2. I also predict that Vanitias will return and possibly be its second in command.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I would hate it too, except IF AND ONLY IF

Xigbar steals his spot as the main villain. Honestly, I just LOVE xigbar so much that when I found out he was Luxu I lost my mind - for 30 seconds. Because he is not his own villain, he is just a part of someone else's big plan.
HOWEVER
HOWEVER
If the MoM is revealed to be on the good side and Xigbar betrays him, that'd be really good because we've been seeing Xigbar since forever and his build up for that would be enourmously payed off
I would absolutely love that.

Zul

Awards
Nomura is porting over a lot of things he wanted in Versus over to KH.

You can clearly see MoM take after a lot of Ardyn's traits (silly exterior, implied grim/serious true personality).

So I wouldn't be surprised if MoM & Darkness had a relationship similar to how Nomura originally wanted Ardyn & Somnus or something similar.

Back