• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will Sora's stats reset in the beginning of this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

What does Square have up their sleeves that will make Sora's stats reset in the beginning of the game? Will they make Kairi playable for the tutorial part?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Do his stats really have to reset? I mean, it was nice that there was a reason in KH2, but I don't really need an explanation. They could always say that Xehanort trying to possess him took away his abilities, I guess.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kicks a random bomb & dies. Kairi revives him & it somehow resurrects Sin as well.

actually Sin would make a bitching superboss

TheOtherPromise

I think Kairi as a tutorial level would be a good idea since she doesn't have any training yet. I don't know when we would switch back to controlling Sora though. I mean, in Kingdom Hearts 2 we switched from Roxas to Sora after Roxas gave Sora's memories back, right? So I wonder how it would work in KH 3 if we started with Kairi.

Kicks a random bomb & dies. Kairi revives him & it somehow resurrects Sin as well.

Maybe it could resurrect Ansem SOD or Xemnas as sin.

I've always wanted Seymour as a boss with that awesome Seymour Omnis music in the background. That would be pretty sweet.

OZ mind

they could make Kairi training as a tutorial level and I would like that , or they could make the tutorial Sora's second mark of mastery exam with all his ability taken away .

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I thought Kairi is already trained? Isn't that why Yen Sid summoned her to the tower? According to a rumour I read, Kairi was placed in the time chamber with Lea to train and they're already keyblade masters by KHIII.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I thought Kairi is already trained? Isn't that why Yen Sid summoned her to the tower? According to a rumour I read, Kairi was placed in the time chamber with Lea to train and they're already keyblade masters by KHIII.

Well I read a rumor back in 2005 that the blonde haired boy in Twilight Town was going to be named Aros.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Already trained? By who? And if she was in the chamber with Lea, why would she need to be summoned?

Awards
No, Kairi was waiting on Destiny Islands for Sora's and Riku's safe return (so says the character profile in KH3D when you finally get it) up until Riku came to get her.

Of course, we have no indication of her skill level yet or anything. Cutscene battles are hard to judge because heartless all go down in one hit, and since she wasn't a party member and the game made a point of pushing her out of boss battles, we can only guess that she's about amateur level or so.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Nope, Yen Sid summoned her there because he learned that she could simply wield it.

Of course, we have no indication of her skill level yet or anything. Cutscene battles are hard to judge because heartless all go down in one hit, and since she wasn't a party member and the game made a point of pushing her out of boss battles, we can only guess that she's about amateur level or so.

It's been long established that just being able to fight with a Keyblade gives its user an unusual amount of power. Take a look at KH1- Sora hasn't held the Keyblade for much longer than five minutes, and yet he was able to take out a huge monster like the Darkside with relative ease. "Amateur" Keyblade wielders are still relatively capable, although they probably aren't good enough to take on the likes of Organization XIII then and there.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

As far as I'm concerned, you win the Internet for that comment, my friend. You just do. OMG. FFX for the win, but a big no-no to any of the new stuff that was written after X-2.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm pretty sure that the trailers are making it look as though we're going to start out by playing as Xehanort in III, which would be pretty fitting. I mean, this is his last game, so why not give him a proper send-off by featuring more aspects of him than ever before? Also, he's a huge foil to Sora, so it works in that regard, as well.

But why Sora will be back at level one... Eh. If there has to be a reason, I bet TV Tropes is on the money. They said his heart being shattered in DDD might have damaged him, so maybe that could be our reason?

Honestly, I just wish they'd forego the whole thing entirely. Lie and have Sora start at level one-hundred (which is just really level one masquerading as that awesome number), and have him get to level "one-hundred-ninety-nine" by the end, or something. IDK. That's what I would do, personally. But I'm probably alone in that sense. LOL.

Edit: Or maybe they could do the exact opposite this time. Have Sora start out like a god, and then have him be sent back to level one (or at least a lower number) when he has to extract Ven's heart from his own?

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Already trained? By who? And if she was in the chamber with Lea, why would she need to be summoned?

No, he summoned her to enter the time chamber with Lea. There the two could train so that they could be on equal grounds with Sora/Riku, while they along with Mickey can prepare to begin the final quest. So I'm thinking that the tutorial can be Kairi/Lea in the time chamber fighting the last boss (giant heartless from KH1?)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well having your heart half-possessed and entering a comatose state does that to people so

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
No, he summoned her to enter the time chamber with Lea. There the two could train so that they could be on equal grounds with Sora/Riku, while they along with Mickey can prepare to begin the final quest. So I'm thinking that the tutorial can be Kairi/Lea in the time chamber fighting the last boss (giant heartless from KH1?)
A time chamber? Where did this notion of a time chamber come from? This isn't Dragon Ball Z! With you mentioning it, all I can think of is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and suddenly have the mental image of Kairi and Lea emerging as Super Saiyans or something. If this is indeed a rumour you heard, that's probably all it really is; time travel was only just introduced, I don't think we need alternate planes of time confined to rooms right now.

That aside, I think that the events of 3D are reason enough for Sora's stats to be reset. After all, he was so corrupted by darkness that Ven's heart, which he was harbouring, had to step in and protect him... that strikes me as pretty close to completely broken. Or maybe they'll just skip the reasoning this time. It doesn't have to be thoroughly explained as it has before, at this point. It can just... happen and not have any relevance in the story. No need to forget everything you learned about fighting with the full potential of the Keyblade when you did that in the previous game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
No one has confirmed the existence of a time chamber explicitly. It's been implied through Yen Sid's comment about Lea training in a more "temporally flexible" place with the good fairies. What exactly "temporally flexible" means is up to debate, but most have taken it to mean a time chamber.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
He lost his memories by the time of Chain of Memories. Now he fell to the Darkness and failed his Mastery Test. So that's lost right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back