• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will Sora lose his powers...again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
In every game Sora loses his powers through a plot device, whether its sleeping for 1 year or entering the realm of Sleep to become a master with none of his previous powers. What do you think will happen in KH3?

Youniquee

Awards
I don't think he will, well I hope not since it's been a bit overused now. If needed, I think Nomura will find a way to.

Pestilence

Awards
I think it probably would be best not to bother explaining it. It's a video game, people won't care in the end. They probably have done themselves a misservice by explaining it before.

I can't come up with anything really that would explain it. Best they could do is have him start with few more powers than usually like having all the basic level spells or something from the start.

That's like worrying how Captain Hook is much later game boss than Genie form Jafar ;)

Gonzales95

Awards
I think it probably would be best not to bother explaining it. It's a video game, people won't care in the end. They probably have done themselves a misservice by explaining it before.

I can't come up with anything really that would explain it. Best they could do is have him start with few more powers than usually like having all the basic level spells or something from the start.

That's like worrying how Captain Hook is much later game boss than Genie form Jafar ;)

Or how Roxas could defeat a twilight thorn and Axel at less than level 5!

AlbertJ

Awards
Yen Sid will bonk him on the head and he will forget everything.

State

Awards
Although it would be pointless by this time in the history of the series (as mentioned before), they could make the argument that, during Sora's Mastery Examination, while his heart laid dormant and he was struggling for control between him and the Xehanorts, his abilities would later growth as he keeps fighting (that or he had Xehanort's seed inside of him which took away a chunk of his power).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Although it would be pointless by this time in the history of the series (as mentioned before), they could make the argument that, during Sora's Mastery Examination, while his heart laid dormant and he was struggling for control between him and the Xehanorts, his abilities would later growth as he keeps fighting (that or he had Xehanort's seed inside of him which took away a chunk of his power).

Well he never struggled for control between him and the Xehanorts. It was his own Darkness that was trapping Sora within his heart because Young Xehanort, Braig, and Xemnas trapped him within a second dream, and Ven's heart protected Sora from that Darkness until Riku went into Sora's heart.

The heart fragment of Xehanort never reached Sora because Lea incinerated it with his fire.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Level 1 Critical playthroughs in Dream Drop Distance are the only canon ones, duh.

Joking aside, I really hope Nomura abandons this idea that Sora needs to be reset to Level 1 in every game. KH3 should start with Sora at Level 1 and that should really be the end of it. There doesn't need to be a silly plot device that changes that.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe he will forsake his powers not that he has failed the Mark of Mastery. But it doesn't really matter.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe he will forsake his powers not that he has failed the Mark of Mastery. But it doesn't really matter.

That makes no sense. He needs his strength to fight against Xehanort. Sora didn't even care that he didn't passed the MoM. He only took it for Riku.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
That makes no sense. He needs his strength to fight against Xehanort. Sora didn't even care that he didn't passed the MoM. He only took it for Riku.

I didn't say he will become a hermit. He could just take a small break off from fighting all the time, focusing instead on the true power of the Keyblade he discovered etc

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't say he will become a hermit. He could just take a small break off from fighting all the time, focusing instead on the true power of the Keyblade he discovered etc

When would this break happen? The Xehanort problem seems pretty dire. He's already taken a small journey to the Realm of Sleep to visit his Dream Eaters to thank them, so I really doubt there is time for a break.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm thinking they might go the route of the Sucker Punch game, Infamous 2. The main character, Cole, retains his powers from the first game but ends up gaining even more powerful attacks by the end of the second game. Same should apply here

Shogo-Kun

Awards
So from what I can gather is that the OP is referring to the Bag of Spilling, which is common in video games. The way I can see the Bag of Spilling working in Kingdom Hearts 3 is that Sora has learned quite a bit from the Realm of Sleep, but he can't utilize those abilities in the real world just yet. So he has to readjust him to the real world by relearning his abilities and adapting what he's learned from the Realm of Sleep, and thus he's reverted back to Lvl. 01.

But then again, this is a video game and most games don't bother explaining the Bag of Spilling. Nor do players usually ask for an explanation.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Honestly if I was nomura I would just be like "Yeah we're starting at level one for no reason just deal with it" lmao not everything needs a back story

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I actually respect Nomura for trying to give a creative canon reason for why Sora has to start from scratch every game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Agreed with Taochan. It's admirable that he likes to go the extra distance to make up a convenient reason for starting back at level 1, even if it doesn't always work.

Honestly if I was nomura I would just be like "Yeah we're starting at level one for no reason just deal with it" lmao not everything needs a back story

good thing you're not nomura then

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Maybe while he vists the sprits, and leaves back for the other world, he loses his old power during the process.

Pestilence

Awards
I actually respect Nomura for trying to give a creative canon reason for why Sora has to start from scratch every game.

The problem is that at some point he must stop doing that if he wants to keep the same protagonist or it will be sounding really stupid at some point. And by explaining it before when he does drop the explanations it will stand out. Not a big problem tho really.

He never did have to explain it since it is commonly known videogame trope. Everyone does it.

Point being he has done pretty good job with the explaining but I think KH3 is the right time to drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back