• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will remind work?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sarius

Awards
Awhile back, I believe I read an article that said remind dlc will require you to have beaten the game and will take place afterwards? Can anyone confirm or deny? The reason I'm asking is because I'm playing the games in order before remind releases and I'm wondering if I should wait to play kingdom hearts 3 again so I can experience remind as I play through or if it doesn't matter because itll be at the end of the game anyway. Thanks in advance.

AR829038

Awards
Awhile back, I believe I read an article that said remind dlc will require you to have beaten the game and will take place afterwards? Can anyone confirm or deny? The reason I'm asking is because I'm playing the games in order before remind releases and I'm wondering if I should wait to play kingdom hearts 3 again so I can experience remind as I play through or if it doesn't matter because itll be at the end of the game anyway. Thanks in advance.
The way I understand it, ReMIND will consist of three separate and distinct sections. One will be a host of added scenarios and cutscenes edited into the main game, so you will want to play through KH3 a second time for those. The two other sections are what's called the Limit Cut and the Secret Episode. The Secret Episode seems to take place after the ending of the game, and seems to detail how Sora got Kairi back after her death; the Limit Cut, I'm unsure. I don't even know if that will have any story to it, or if it's just some special boss gauntlet (this is where the purported 13 extra bosses come into play). So, we WILL absolutely be getting extensions to the story; some interwoven throughout the main game, and some tacked on to the ending. That's my understanding.

okhi12

Awards
If I remember well, they said re:mind will need a separate save slot and it will load the data from a complete game save file, so you're right. The last update rearranged the main menu and added the 'Special' section, re:mind will probably be accessed from there. There's no reason to think it will be integrated into the main story, it will be played separately.
To be honest I'd prefer if it was integrated, the additions would feel more natural. But it's OK as long as the new keyblades and stuff are transferred over to the main game.
They could go both ways, integrating re:mind in the main game for future playthroughs and also keeping the option to play it separately (kinda like the royal edition of FFXV and the chapter selection), but I doubt that.
The way I understand it, ReMIND will consist of three separate and distinct sections. One will be a host of added scenarios and cutscenes edited into the main game, so you will want to play through KH3 a second time for those. The two other sections are what's called the Limit Cut and the Secret Episode. The Secret Episode seems to take place after the ending of the game, and seems to detail how Sora got Kairi back after her death; the Limit Cut, I'm unsure. I don't even know if that will have any story to it, or if it's just some special boss gauntlet (this is where the purported 13 extra bosses come into play). So, we WILL absolutely be getting extensions to the story; some interwoven throughout the main game, and some tacked on to the ending. That's my understanding.
That would be great, I hope you're right.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Good question, I have no idea. I'm still new to my Playstation 4 since I only got it last year and have never even used a DLC before. I don't even know where to look for DLC so I'll have to look up a walkthrough online on how to even do that, lol.

Sarius

Awards
Thank you very much!!

Sarius

Awards
If I remember well, they said re:mind will need a separate save slot and it will load the data from a complete game save file, so you're right. The last update rearranged the main menu and added the 'Special' section, re:mind will probably be accessed from there. There's no reason to think it will be integrated into the main story, it will be played separately.
To be honest I'd prefer if it was integrated, the additions would feel more natural. But it's OK as long as the new keyblades and stuff are transferred over to the main game.
They could go both ways, integrating re:mind in the main game for future playthroughs and also keeping the option to play it separately (kinda like the royal edition of FFXV and the chapter selection), but I doubt that.

That would be great, I hope you're right.
Thank you!! I appreciate the responses.

Back