• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Will Rapunzel Story End?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destinywind

My main thought with this question is that Rapunzel is a party member and her hair is a large part of her attacks. If the game follows the story of the movie and ends with her hair being cut, what will happen after that? Will that scene occur in post-game credits? Unlikely, since it would be weird to end the story with Rapunzel trapped in the tower again. Will the story diverge and end with her hair not being cut, Flynn not dying and Gothel being defeated by Sora and company instead? Will she cease being a party member at the end of the story or have a new set of non hair-centered attacks? Will the story for the world be post-movie like Big Hero 6 and be based partly on the TV series?

What are your thoughts?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I have always thought since they announced she was a party member who used her hair back in 2015 they will just change the story so she doesn't cut her hair. They would never get rid of her as a party member...or I mean if they did people, like me, would rage lol. I guess they could redo her whole moveset? That would be more valid like Mulan, if it happened like halfway through. Since its at the end, I imagine it just won't happen at all.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Maybe she will continue to be a party member with a new move set. It wouldn't be the first time it's happen. Mulan/Ping had different moves and attacks in KH2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ideally Sora leaves immediately after her hair gets cut and she meets her fam, and when he comes back Rapunzel has pricked her hand on creepy magical black spikes in the middle of a forest, so her hair has already grown back. Then the credit roll is the film’s ending scene.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I would assume Rapunzel would just have different attacks. She's going to have to have alternate attacks anyway if they decide to incorporate her braided hair into battle. Whatever attacks she uses there, they can just reuse for her short hair.

I was assuming that we'd either fight Gothel or a Heartless based off of her at some point, but I feel like they'd incorporate her hair being cut in somehow.

Will the story for the world be post-movie like Big Hero 6 and be based partly on the TV series??

I highly doubt they'll take anything from the TV series, because they announced this world back in 2015, and the TV series only starting airing in 2017 and is still on-going.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I would assume Rapunzel would just have different attacks. She's going to have to have alternate attacks anyway if they decide to incorporate her braided hair into battle. Whatever attacks she uses there, they can just reuse for her short hair.

I was assuming that we'd either fight Gothel or a Heartless based off of her at some point, but I feel like they'd incorporate her hair being cut in somehow.

I highly doubt they'll take anything from the TV series, because they announced this world back in 2015, and the TV series only starting airing in 2017 and is still on-going.

Rapunzel seems to leave the party when her hair is braided, at least thats what the in progress shots they showed off at the fan event looked like. That kinda tells me they do not have alternate attacks planned for her, but I guess yea. I mean, I like her short hair look, maybe they will make her cut it in the epilogue for some reason, and get married lol.

They did make Ariel wait to become human just so Sora could sing songs with her till the epilogue as well lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering it was one of the most important and climatic moments of the film, they definitely shouldn't remove it.

But...

The show went into development a little bit before Tangled was announced for KH3. There has been enough time for there to be some kind of collaboration between parties if needed.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Tho thinking now maybe I would prefer her not getting married, so they could do stuff from the show or whatever in a later game. I feel like KH2 closed off a few movies for good without crazy shenanigans like Ariel becoming a mermaid again for some reason, or a crazy timeskip to the sequel's time. Or Beast randomly becoming a beast again, or at least maybe make up a reason to go back with him as a human anyway lol.

Which I mean, shenanigans are entirely possible, but still I would rather them maybe just end with the movie shot of them together and her hair is cut.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Rapunzel seems to leave the party when her hair is braided, at least thats what the in progress shots they showed off at the fan event looked like. That kinda tells me they do not have alternate attacks planned for her, but I guess yea. I mean, I like her short hair look, maybe they will make her cut it in the epilogue for some reason, and get married lol.

I could see them separating so Rapunzel and Flynn can explore the world (and for the Lantern sequence) but there's many potential moments for battle that Rapunzel could be a part of. A battle could erupt in the town, they could have a battle with the Stabbington Brothers, etc.

I can also see there being a time-skip or montage between Gothel's death and when Rapunzel meets her parents, so it's possible we never get short-haired Rapunzel (or braided for that matter) as a party member, either.

The show went into development a little bit before Tangled was announced for KH3. There has been enough time for there to be some kind of collaboration between parties if needed.

The world still would have been in development before the world announcement or the show being in production. I also don't see them taking anything from the TV show because there's plenty of other movies with shows that they've never taken material from (such as Lilo & Stitch and Hercules).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There's plenty of other movies with shows that they've never taken material from (such as Lilo & Stitch and Hercules).

They totally did, though. They included Sparky from Stitch the movie, which was a direct to video movie I grant you, but still served solely as a pilot for the TV show

Leaferian

Awards
Yeah, I think they could easily make it work with the TV show. I'm a little worried though if I'm being real, because I don't want to lose Rapunzel at the end of the world's story.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I think they could easily make it work with the TV show. I'm a little worried though if I'm being real, because I don't want to lose Rapunzel at the end of the world's story.

The only time they ever did something like that was Stitch in BBS and he was only a temporary party member. All permanent ones have always had excuses to be around every time SDG come calling lol. Including Auron literally waiting to die again till their adventure is over lol.

So I am not too concerned, I hope they know getting rid of the titular character would be ridiculous.

They totally did, though. They included Sparky from Stitch the movie, which was a direct to video movie I grant you, but still served solely as a pilot for the TV show

Sparky is one of the things that still gives me hope for more Disney show content lol. Even tho yeah technically it was a movie...but it was just a long pilot episode.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So I’ve been entertaining the idea of having two plot arcs occurring back to back in the Disney worlds. It would be similar to the two world visits from KH2, but would occur in a single visit. By doing this, they could do one story focusing on the Disney villain and one focusing on an Org member.

With Tangled, the first half of the world could be the Gothel arc and Rapunzel would lose her hair in the middle of the world’s story. Then Marluxia would take centerstage after Gothel’s defeat and part of the story could involve finding a way to get Rapunzel’s hair back. Just a thought.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So I’ve been entertaining the idea of having two plot arcs occurring back to back in the Disney worlds. It would be similar to the two world visits from KH2, but would occur in a single visit. By doing this, they could do one story focusing on the Disney villain and one focusing on an Org member.

With Tangled, the first half of the world could be the Gothel arc and Rapunzel would lose her hair in the middle of the world’s story. Then Marluxia would take centerstage after Gothel’s defeat and part of the story could involve finding a way to get Rapunzel’s hair back. Just a thought.

I have somewhat considered the same thing, but you stating a fully realized example makes me want that even more lol. Though, I would say I would prefer the Org member and Disney villain to be working together sometimes? And just that one falls before the other in the story.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I have somewhat considered the same thing, but you stating a fully realized example makes me want that even more lol. Though, I would say I would prefer the Org member and Disney villain to be working together sometimes? And just that one falls before the other in the story.

The two “arcs” could definitely be integrated with one another and each world could change up the formula like focusing on the Org first or both at once. For example, Toy Story could start with going up against Young Xehanort, but once we defeat him in Galaxy Toys, we have to get everyone back to Andy’s Room. Along the way, Zurg, Stinky Pete, and maybe even Sid interfere. It would be a cool concept to have to fight our way to the top floor of Galaxy Toys, only for the trip back out to be even harder. Kind of like a classic heist story.

And like for Tangled, Marluxia could be aiding Mother Gothel or something, so he’s already a part of the story. Then once she’s defeated, he takes centerstage.

disney233

Awards
Or...odds are she most likely won't be a party member anymore. The game HAS done one off party members, specifically like in BBS with Stitch, Mickey, Herc, and Zack. Odds are Eugene would still most likely be a party member, but should Repunzal's hair get cut like in the movie, odds are she won't be a party member anymore. Also I was under the impression that there won't be a double world visit in this game. Unless they're certain worlds most likely like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden if it makes its appearance.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Or...odds are she most likely won't be a party member anymore. The game HAS done one off party members, specifically like in BBS with Stitch, Mickey, Herc, and Zack. Odds are Eugene would still most likely be a party member, but should Repunzal's hair get cut like in the movie, odds are she won't be a party member anymore. Also I was under the impression that there won't be a double world visit in this game. Unless they're certain worlds most likely like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden if it makes its appearance.

I’m not sure if you’re referring to my suggestion of two arcs; but if so, I’m not saying they’d occur in two separate visits. Instead, they’d occur back to back in one visit. Like if both world visits in KH2 had not been split in two, but the first part had flowed directly into the second part.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

The odds for that are quite low?? They have never done one off party members in the sense that they are around for the whole freaking world and then stop being one at the end lol. Its like, for one fight or group of fights at most and then they stop being one.

And I believe that was mostly cuz of system limitations. I think BBS would have had full party members if it wasn't for PSP. And KH2 couldn't have Herc and all the others fighting as well, and I guess they chose Auron ha.

Also its stupid to get rid of the main character of the movie but keep freaking Eugene lol...that's like getting rid of Ariel at the end of world and having Eric or something. It would be annoying, to say the least. So I hope they would know better. I really think there will be a reason for her to not lose her hair, but we shall see.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I honestly think that if Rapunzel is a party member after losing her hair, she would fight similarly to Eugene. As in, she'd fight with a frying pan instead of her hair. It's not like she'll be useless, and the hair cutting does happen in the last 15 minutes of the film, so this might only affect the game if you come back to the world to wander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back