• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How were the world's restored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotari

Awards
This might have been explained in game but I can't remember. Was it defeating Ansem? And if so, why? He personally wasn't connected to the lost worlds. Was it closing the Door to Darkness? If so why? It was already closed before the ending. I think I kind of always just took it at face value that Sora stopped the hordes of Heartless and restored the worlds without ever wondering how.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This might have been explained in game but I can't remember. Was it defeating Ansem? And if so, why? He personally wasn't connected to the lost worlds. Was it closing the Door to Darkness? If so why? It was already closed before the ending. I think I kind of always just took it at face value that Sora stopped the hordes of Heartless and restored the worlds without ever wondering how.

It was a mix kind of. The Kingdom Hearts that was constructed by the hearts of the fallen worlds was created specifically because of Ansem's interference and armies of Heartless. When the Door to Darkness was sealed it acted as a reset button, and that Kingdom Hearts was destroyed and the hearts of the worlds were set free. The worlds then began to reform immediately after the door was sealed, we see it happen with Kairi on the Destiny Islands. It starts off slow and then BAM.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Bout the best rundown you'll get because the only explanation was "if you defeat Ansem the worlds will be restored". It's more or less just 'happy ending logic'.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ Bout the best rundown you'll get because the only explanation was "if you defeat Ansem the worlds will be restored". It's more or less just 'happy ending logic'.

Yep, that's true.
If you look at it with in-universe and overall series-logic though it comes down to the same "procedure" as with Xemnas' KH in KH 2.
The only difference was that "Ansem's" KH held hearts of worlds while Xemnas' held hearts of humans.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Now that you mention it, it makes even less sense than Xemnas in KH2 cause Ansem wasn't shown to be merged with his fake kh. At least it was easy to reason KH2 to Xemnas defeat. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Now that you mention it, it makes even less sense than Xemnas in KH2 cause Ansem wasn't shown to be merged with his fake kh. At least it was easy to reason KH2 to Xemnas defeat. xD

That's true as well, but who says that one has to merge with the KH in question in order to have it destroyed.
Ansem the Wise tried to undo the KH in KH 2 on his own with his encoder, but it didn't work for several reasons, one of them may have been actually because Xemnas was still existing.
What is often overlooked is that these Xehanort incarnations actually made/build those KHs with material provided by their underlings.
The KH in KH 1 was built by Ansem SoD with world hearts provided by his Heartless armies while the one in KH 2 was built by Xemnas with human hearts provided by "his" Keyblade Wielders Roxas and Xion (and later Sora).

We know nothing about the hows and whys, but I imagine that if these two build those KHs they are also somewhat tied to them, and thus the artificial (thus not natural) KH they created cannot be fully undone unless they themselves are defeated.
Defeating Ansem in KH 1 probably broke the hold he had on the captive world hearts inside "his" KH, just like defeating an Emblem breaks the hold on the hearts they have stolen and purifies them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's true as well, but who says that one has to merge with the KH in question in order to have it destroyed.
Ansem the Wise tried to undo the KH in KH 2 on his own with his encoder, but it didn't work for several reasons, one of them may have been actually because Xemnas was still existing.
What is often overlooked is that these Xehanort incarnations actually made/build those KHs with material provided by their underlings.
The KH in KH 1 was built by Ansem SoD with world hearts provided by his Heartless armies while the one in KH 2 was built by Xemnas with human hearts provided by "his" Keyblade Wielders Roxas and Xion (and later Sora).

We know nothing about the hows and whys, but I imagine that if these two build those KHs they are also somewhat tied to them, and thus the artificial (thus not natural) KH they created cannot be fully undone unless they themselves are defeated.
Defeating Ansem in KH 1 probably broke the hold he had on the captive world hearts inside "his" KH, just like defeating an Emblem breaks the hold on the hearts they have stolen and purifies them.
That's also a very good point. Perhaps just being connected to the false KH was enough. It'd make sense they tied to them because they, somehow, fashioned those false kh's their self.

fangsora

ok here's what happened sora beat ansem seeker of darkness then mickey ,Donald, goofy,riku and sora where closing the door while they were doing that darkness was entering kingdom hearts. remember kingdom hearts is the heart of all worlds when darkness enters a heart the body and soul and heart are all separated. mickey and sora used the light of the keys to close the door from inside and out and since they lock the door my guess is riku and mickey killed all the heartless inside kingdom hearts. which cleanse all the darkness of all worlds and restored them back. however I have no idea how xmnnas unlocked kingdom hearts.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
ok here's what happened sora beat ansem seeker of darkness then mickey ,Donald, goofy,riku and sora where closing the door while they were doing that darkness was entering kingdom hearts. remember kingdom hearts is the heart of all worlds when darkness enters a heart the body and soul and heart are all separated. mickey and sora used the light of the keys to close the door from inside and out and since they lock the door my guess is riku and mickey killed all the heartless inside kingdom hearts. which cleanse all the darkness of all worlds and restored them back. however I have no idea how xmnnas unlocked kingdom hearts.

I feel like you kind of disregard all the other posts that take place in the topics you revive. There are multiple Kingdom Hearts..es in the series. The one in the first game is a fake Ansem summoned by destroying worlds. The one in KH2? Fake. Xemnas constructed it from captive hearts.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm going to further extrapolate on what Tinny has already begun to explain.

All of the Kingdom Hearts' we have seen in the series thus far have not been the real one.

In Kingdom Hearts we only see the Door to Darkness, and the light that shines from out of it was a Kingdom Hearts that Ansem SoD forced into creation by destroying worlds. The hearts that accumulated from these destroyed worlds comprised Kingdom Hearts.

The Kingdom Hearts in Kingdom Hearts 2 was one Xemnas formed with the hearts of man that were expelled by the Keyblade.

The Kingdom Hearts in Birth By Sleep was probably the closest to the true Kingdom Hearts that we have gotten in this series, but it was incomplete because Ven and Vanitas' created an incomplete X-Blade. It takes more than clashing one heart of light and one heart of darkness together to call forth the true Kingdom Hearts.

Now, to as to how the worlds were restored in KH1, you need only read at the posts above you. Riku and Mickey did not destroy the Heartless that were in the Realm of Darkness or purify anything.

Hmmm...This is a very in-depth thread.

The worlds are kindve an odd subject to talk about. And they HAVE been restored multiple times, after all. Each case is probably more similar than we think.

Sadly we've only seen this happen twice in the series. The first time in KH1 when Sora and Mickey closed the Door to Darkness, and then the second time in KH3D when Riku and Sora woke the Sleeping Worlds.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Spock: But it HAS happened before this, with the children and their lights. Who's to say that it hasn't repeated over and over again?
History DOES like to repeat itself. I know there's no proof, but I was just thinkin it.

nxtgarnett5

@Spock: But it HAS happened before this, with the children and their lights. Who's to say that it hasn't repeated over and over again?
History DOES like to repeat itself. I know there's no proof, but I was just thinkin it.

I believe that it is entirely possible that this has happened in the past, I don't think we will ever know if this is true of not, but in the time of the keyblade war, I can only assume a lot of people were crossing worlds, so I guess it's possible it's happened before

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I believe that it is entirely possible that this has happened in the past, I don't think we will ever know if this is true of not, but in the time of the keyblade war, I can only assume a lot of people were crossing worlds, so I guess it's possible it's happened before

Prooooobably not. The destruction of the worlds is a direct result of the invasion of Heartless in the Realm of Light. They weren't around until Xehanort's experiments in Ansem's lab.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Prooooobably not. The destruction of the worlds is a direct result of the invasion of Heartless in the Realm of Light. They weren't around until Xehanort's experiments in Ansem's lab.

Specifically the Emblem Heartless. The Heartless, the pureblood ones, were in the Realm of Darkness and could only cross over into the Realm of Light by being summoned or by somebody destroying the borders that kept each world separate. Which is exactly what Apprentice Xehanort does by opening the door in the castle of Radiant Garden.

Except we only know it as a legend. Obviously it has truth to it in the series, but it takes a powerful force to cause destruction like that. The borders between worlds must be opened, and somebody must be calling the Darkness from out of the Realm of Darkness. Not many people could do that, and it is implied that Apprentice Xehanort/SoD was one of the first in many years to cause such ruin to the universe.

But you are right that we do not know for sure, but I was saying that we've only seen the worlds restored twice in the series and for all we know they've only ever been restored twice in the last couple thousand years.

MegaCore5

Awards
It was both. The door had to be closed or other worlds would be consumed by the heartless, and ansem had to be defeated to restore the world's that were already destroyed by the heartless. So a combination of the two was necessary or else there would still be worlds purged by the darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back