• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How was Xenogears considered "too dark" to be a Final Fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaDragon

Awards
Xenogears was originally pitched as a idea for Final Fantasy VII, but Square thought it was too dark to be a Final Fantasy game. But why is that?

All of the Final Fantasy games in the series have dark themes in them. So I don't get why Xenogears was considered too dark to be a Final Fantasy game. I never actually played Xenogears before, but I have played most of the Final Fantasy games.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
In that case, go watch the Xenogears cutscenes on YouTube. Trust me, Xenogears is way darker than anything Final Fantasy has dabbled in. It's basically Square's version of Neon Genesis Evangellion.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
*opens up a can of nondescript meat and starts eating*
Nah, I don't see Xenogears being dark at all.

Now excuse me, my mother is calling me, I think she's in the basement again. I swear, she dyes her hair once and suddenly she gets all religious and stuff. Moms, amirite? I swear I've seen it happen almost a thousand times already.
What a snake of a woman!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
All of the Xeno games tend to have a very deep story closely tied to philosophy about life and existentialism.

FINAL FANTASY is just basic JRPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back