• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How was FFXI?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
ive never played the game, but since 12 is coming out soon , i wanted to know what ppl thought about ff11. if you played the game, was it good or bad?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Its a great MMO, one my fav. I love how some FF fans say is not a FF game. When it is..

If you like MMOs this is a good one.. I love how you have to help others to get anyway where. So its like WoW where 80% of the stuff you do u can do alone..

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
My friend has it, I've never played it though. He says that while the game is good, the community isn't. Meaning that if you aren't like the others playing the game, or aren't what they're looking for, it's no fun for you. Example: He had a Red Mage. No groups look for Red Mages because they are 'useless' until they get a spell called Renew at level 40. But after a while, he became 'useless' again when nobody needed that spell anymore due to having large MP pools already.

He also likes to complain that everything has to be done with a group. You can't solo (well, you can, but it's not worth your time, etc), so you're stuck getting a group, which relates back to the first thing.

But, like I said, I've yet to play it, still want to, most likly won't.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
That what makes good I think, to get stuff done you have to be in group. Because its about working together. But that can get annoying at times, if you need help with something and you can get help when u need it..XD

But yea, I hate party thing. If you not a White Mage/Pal/Ninja/Black Mage. It may be hard to get into party.. I waited up to 7 hours to get into party with my Samurai..

and its hell making gil in game. So start on craft early in game. I think its a great MMO, its has problems like any MMO, but it is good..

Bad thing are, getting into a party if you not Tank and healer manly, 98% of the stuff you do is with a party.

Blue Mages can Solo though :p and there my new fav job..XD

BIG problem I hate, if you dont play a month. Square will still make you pay.. So its like pay for not playing to<.<

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
it''s worth something and barely anyone is online everyone has moved on since it came out 3 yrs ago in japan and the ui.s.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
No.

The game is horrible. They shouldn't have called it "FFXI". But rather, a side quest Final Fantasy title, like FF: Online, or something along those lines.

The game is fun at first, but gets old after a while, since, especially nowadays, rarely anyone is online. I suppose it is worth a try, but I wouldn't waste my own money on it.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
^^^yeah, i don't think im going to buy it, but im glad ppl are giving me their opinions about the game so i know if im missing out on a fantastic game or not.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
barely anyone is online everyone

rarely anyone is online

None of that true. FFXI is still a big MMO, its still in the top 7.. People still get on, theres tons of people that play it.. No one is leaving, a few people people leave but they do in WoW and EQ2. That dosnt mean everyone is leaving WoW and EQ2.

FFXI is a big MMO, it dosnt matter if came out 10 years ago, as long as the devs keep new stuff in game and the player happy. The game isn't going to die.

So anyone that says WoW is old so ppl are leaving. FFXI is old so ppl are leaving are wrong.. FFXI is still middle age, its not a old MMO, and tons of tons people still play it. Look at Eve online old but people still play it..

I don't get how the name as anything to with it, so its FFXI? Its a FF.

There is a new box set coming out soon that will have Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia and Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansions. You should get that. I say it will be 19.99 pick it up try it for yourself. FFXI has its problem, but every MMO has there problems. Well when Vanguard comes out it won't have any because that game will be the best MMO since EQ1 XD

But overall you can hate FFXI to death, but alot of people arnt leaving, its a big MMO still. It will just as big when there new MMO comes out..

LinkSlySora

There is lots to do in it. Plenty of areas to explore and enemies to fight. Tons of quests and missions. People area always on. And the game requaries you to play with other ppl in certain areas. you should buy it. there are lots of ppl on at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back