• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Vanitas is connected to who he looks like. Spoilers! Lots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
Okay, this gets crazy!

Here's what we know:

Ven connected with Sora after his heart was split.

Ven connected with Sora after the x-blade/Vanitas fight so his heart could sleep.

During the fight, we discover Vanitas looks like Sora. But why...

I have two theories:

1. Maybe Vanitas isn't all Ven, maybe he's part Sora's dark half too.

During the first connection, after his heart was split, the link between Ven and Sora was also being shared by a newly created and not fully formed Vanitas. The break in Ven's heart still being raw allowed Vanitas accidental access. This caused some of Sora's darkness to be siphoned into Vanitas unknowingly, causing his appearance and voice.

If this is true it may explain...

Why their forced fusion on Vanitas' behalf didn't work, Sora's part got in the way. Like if you mixed vinegar and baking soda but swapped half the vinegar for water, not going to work right is it?

Sora's weak little heartless. This would be retcon but think about it. It's so puny 'cause it's not all there!

Also, if (as some have speculated) Vanitas took up residence in Riku and I'm right, might we see something where Riku has some memories from Sora's point of view as a kid?

Wouldn't it be a twist if Sora has to mend his own hurting by reuniting with a piece of his own darkness? If Xehanort figures this out on his return, will this be his reason for going after Sora? To re-awaken Vanitas and use the remainder of Sora's darkness to do it by force.

It may also mean we haven't seen what Ven's dark half looks like... that also means we may not have seen it at all....

2. So, for my final crazy thought, what if Vanitas is mostly Sora and a little Ven. We all have thought that Sora had very little darkness in him. What if he had more and Vanitas is what was taken while Ven was the one with very little darkness. What if Ven being split created the REAL Vanitas(Ven's dark half) somewhere else entirely.

To sum this up I think possibly:

Vanitas looks like Sora because some of Sora's darkness was siphoned into him accidentally.

And that Vanitas may not be Ven's darkness with a little of Sora's, but the exact opposite. Meaning that there may be another Vanitas out there somewhere.

So what do you think?
And Sorry for the wall of text!

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why do you need a theory for something that has already been explained?

Yes. When Ventus connected his heart with Sora's newborn heart, Sora gained some of Ven's attributes (like for instance his face) and so on. At first Vanitas was just an empty face, kinda like Xion until this broken part of Ven's heart got filled up by Sora's heart. That's why Vanitas looks like Sora.

This has even been confirmed by Nomura.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Vanitas looks like Sora because of Ven's and Sora's connection.

In the beginning of BBS, Sora connects with Ven's heart and fills in the gap that was Vanitas. Vanitas and Ventus already have a connection (obviously), and so he too was affected by Sora connecting with Ventus' heart.

There is no other Vanitas, there is only one. MX extracted Ventus' own darkness, and it became Vanitas.

This is extremely old and there aren't really any spoilers. The reason why Vanitas looks like Sora is already known.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wait, so isnt Vanitas technically a heartless? Kind of like how Ansem SoD is a heartless?
Since a heartless is the darkness in peoples hearts, wouldnt this apply to Vanitas?

No, Vanitas is not a Heartless. And just because "Heartless is the darkness in people's hearts" doesn't mean that "darkness in people's hearts are heartless."

Crystal

Silver Member
And that Vanitas may not be Ven's darkness with a little of Sora's, but the exact opposite. Meaning that there may be another Vanitas out there somewhere.

There is only one Vanitas in KH.
Unless he able to learn the ability of replicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back