• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How To Put A Harness On A Cat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, you heard the title right. I am going to be taking my cat, Mheetu to the vet on August 19th for his rabies vaccination. The problem is that I don't know how to put the harness on him. He used to have a cat carrier and I still have his cat bed, which seems to be falling apart. So, I am worrying about putting the harness on him, wrongly. I don't want him to escape.

Awards
You need a cat carrier. The vet will not allow a harness. It's for health reasons. They don't want the other cats to get sick. I tried bringing my kitty in with just holding her and they freaked out, but usually they have a carrier there that they will force you to use. The cat has to be in an enclosed box thing in case it sneezes or something.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dominion is right, for this, don't use a harness for a cat's inspection. Just get a new carrier. The vet will be thankful. It's also important to think about dogs and other animals, that could freak your cat out, making her frightened and scared, or aggressive. This is something to avoid.

For normal harnesses, say if you want to walk her, which is fine after she gets her shots and everything [!!!], harnesses are weird but usually simple once you figure it out.

There's usually a metal loop on top, meant for hooking the leash onto, so that's where you start. It somewhat varies, harness to harness, but there's a solid collar meant for going around the neck, a smaller piece without the metal loop that goes under their ribs, to hold the two parts that clasp together, usually in a buckle kind of seatbelt arrangement kind of lock to hold it all in place. Make sure it's tight enough that it doesn't move but you can comfortably fit two fingers in-between all the areas that touch the cat so they can breathe.

Do this while the cat is calm. If you need more help than that strange description I gave you, use the specific instructions the harness has on the packaging [if it doesn't have anything, don't buy it], and ask the pet store workers for help, and ask your vet too while you get her vaccinated.

But please don't go in there with her on a leash, that's asking for SO MUCH TROUBLE FOR YOU AND YOUR CAT.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I didn't go with my pet with the harness, thankfully I got to pick up a new carrier, which was for a small dog. Man, it was heavy! I got Mheetu, my cat his rabies vaccination and now I just have to pay for the six dollars. Some interesting things happened that day, but all in all, I am happy Mheetu got his vaccinations and a new crate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back