• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to prepare for final boss on Proud mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vitxras

im kinda stuck at the final form where Donald and goofy are trapped and its 1 on 1 with ansem. i usally get him the yellow or green bar but he never stops spamming his beams. what should i do to prepare this and the area after this. im in the proses of trying to get mp rage, which i found out i can get at 57 scene i chose the sword, and im level 53. and help would be appreciated.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well at level 50, you should be high enough to take on the final boss but grinding those few levels until you get MP Rage would really help you out, especially when he uses that tackle which is hard to dodge.

Using guard is a good way to stop that move though, as it breaks his stride and staggers him for a few seconds. Most of his attacks can be blocked.

Strike Raid is also the ultimate (aka cheap as hell) move against bosses as well. It strikes through most defenses (such as when the Guardian protects Ansem) and grants you invincibility frames, so you won't get hit. When he uses the pools of darkness move, cancel your lock-on trigger and just keep dodge rolling until he stops. If he catches you, just try to use your items or cure to keep up with the damage siphon (Leaf Bracer is god in this game)

Other than that, just spam X and you should win

Gram

Banned
Awards
More or less what Guard told you, you can guard just about ever attack he has except the one where the guardian charges up from the floor. Though that move is easily dodged with lock on and dodge roll as well.

kh2luva

I believe he's talking about that one form where he's half naked and spamming nonstop beams. I'm personally having the exact same trouble as the op (same level, chose sword). You can't dodge or guard or use any of those area attacks like strike raid since you're flying

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
From what i remember i always had aero up no matter what. be sure to equip a ton of ethers or elixirs and have abilities like MP haste, second chance and leaf bracer on. (mp rage at 57 and bracer at 69 if you chose sword so... :S) the best bet is fly about dodging lazers and just tank the rest with aero and cure when he is not firing.

it worked for me. i chose the sword and i busted his ass upon proud died like once so it shouldn't be too hard. when you get Donald and goofy back you in for another pain in the ass move.

kh2luva

From what i remember i always had aero up no matter what. be sure to equip a ton of ethers or elixirs and have abilities like MP haste, second chance and leaf bracer on. (mp rage at 57 and bracer at 69 if you chose sword so... :S) the best bet is fly about dodging lazers and just tank the rest with aero and cure when he is not firing.

it worked for me. i chose the sword and i busted his ass upon proud died like once so it shouldn't be too hard. when you get Donald and goofy back you in for another pain in the ass move.

Lmao I must be either really bad, or you're just really good. I have five/six bars of magic, so I can barely use aero more than a few times. After having expended all my items on the fight before the boss, I am unable to use any items for the fight. I'm just gonna level to 57 and try again, but I swear to god that KH1 wasn't this hard when I played it more than 9 years ago

axel95

Awards
Lmao I must be either really bad, or you're just really good. I have five/six bars of magic, so I can barely use aero more than a few times. After having expended all my items on the fight before the boss, I am unable to use any items for the fight. I'm just gonna level to 57 and try again, but I swear to god that KH1 wasn't this hard when I played it more than 9 years ago
You are playing on Proud, so it should be harder than the original expert mode! :wink:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I believe he's talking about that one form where he's half naked and spamming nonstop beams. I'm personally having the exact same trouble as the op (same level, chose sword). You can't dodge or guard or use any of those area attacks like strike raid since you're flying

Ah my mistake. The way I prepared for him was to stock up on as man hi potions as I could gain and then save them till the particular point in the fight. From there I'd use my magic mainly for aero while hi potions for hp until I ran out then switch to magic entirely for both.

Though my way of doing it largely depends on you having the MP rage ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back