• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to Make Sea Salt Ice Cream

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

Hey guys so i found this recipe online for How to make Sea Salt Ice Cream, and i thought I would share it with all of you in case you may be interested.

{Sea Salt Ice Cream Recipe}

1. 2 Eggs

2. 2 Cups of Milk

3. 1/3 Cup of Sugar

4. 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

5. 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream

6. Sea Salt

7. Blue Food Coloring

8. Green Food Coloring (Optional)

9. Pop sickle Sticks

Directions-

1. Seperate the eggs into two different bowls

2. Beat the egg whites until stiff

3. Mix the eggs and add 1/3 cup of sugar mix well

4. Grab a cooking pot and pour 2 cups of milk inside (Heat at Medium Stir occasionaly)

5. After milk has boiled pour hot milk into the mixture

6. Now stir mix thoroughly

7. Now pour the mix into the cooking pot heat on medium for 5-7 mins (DO NOT BOIL)

8. Remember that egg at the beginning that you seperated into the other bowl?
Well you want to take the mix and pour it into the other bowl with the egg.

9. Stir mix thoroughly

10. Now add about a 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt

11. Put the mix into fridge to cool

12. Once cool add cream and Vanilla Extract

13. Add 12 drops of blue coloring and 3 drops of green

14. Freeze Mix in Ice Cream Maker
Note- If you don't have an ice cream maker pour mixture into 1 or 2 metal cake pans and set in freezer. Let sit until edges become firm, then remove and mix. Repeat until uniformly frozen

15. Once Frozen if you wish you can add popsickle sticks. If you decide to add them
you may need to add them and then put the ice cream into the fridge to cool for
about 15-30 mins.

16. Enjoy : )

I hope you guys found this recipe useful and peace

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Getting the ingredients, looks like I've got a world if disappointment awaiting me when the end result is probably gross as hell. Wish me luck everybody!

Dream Eaters

Dude, goodluck! I'll try the recipe anyway, cause I think I'll do pretty well on it or epic fail. :\ but thanks for the recipe.

wii.red24

Getting the ingredients, looks like I've got a world if disappointment awaiting me when the end result is probably gross as hell. Wish me luck everybody!

I'm going to try the recipe out in a few days I just got to get the stuff first. I'll report back to you guys and let you know if it turned out awesome or not so awesome and also good luck.

Josh

Silver Member
haha once in middle school I made sea salt ice cream but something must of gone wrong... because it came out horrible.
So we then gave it to this youth group as a "gift."

Basically, go easy on the salt if you're doing this for real.

Last edited:

Dr_Mario64

Well, I'll have a simian for a nephew! Looks epic! May actually try to make some if I can find the ingredients. The only difficult ones would be sea salt and whipping cream...

Endless Strategy

I actually made a sea salt ice-cream once. It tasted like custard. Not bad by any means...just not what I was expecting. Maybe should have used some more salt...

iLeen

Awards
So delicious! I thinks about 3 times using this recipe. There's usually icicles on the actual ice cream if you don't have an ice cream maker, but it still tastes good. There's a longer route to take to get a custard texture without an ice cream maker, but I'm pretty impatient when something so delicious is staring me in the face, so I like using this recipe^_^ Didn't use any green dye either, only blue. I think I made this on three different occasions.

First time was not enough salt.
Second time was just right.
Third time was too salty.

It's just adding the sea salt that is the hardest. A few grains can make a HUGE difference. Not enough salt just makes blue vanilla ice cream. Too much salt just makes salt ice cream (obviously). I wish I knew how much salt I put in when I put in the right amount, but I actually dumped in the perfect amount on accident because my hand slipped.

Here's a photo of my first attempt...
c82c344e-5fa1-4c0c-9279-24b14f7dea26_zpsb63047a0.jpg

wii.red24

Ok guys so i made it and i got good news and bad news. The Bad news being that the recipie needs varied and it needed to be more specific when i made it it was ok but not as good as i expected. I was a bit disappointed : (
The good news is that I will update this recipie in the future for better quality so expect the recipie to change. Apologies for those who went out and tried this and didn't like it. As i said I'm going to try and modify the recipie in the near future to reflect better quality ice cream.

WayToDusk

An official recipie now? I'll have to try it. Now I don't have to use sea salt as an ice cream topping anymore.

Tailikku1

Awards
I made some myself last summer, and it tasted good (kinda like Cake Batter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back