• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How to Fix Nintendo WiFi with Error Code 51099

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flygon017

Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my DS. I was trying to access my WiFi so I could meet up with a friend on one of my games. Whenever I tried to connect it said that it couldn't find a compatible access point with the error code 51099. It's never done this to me before, and I don't know exactly what I can do. I did go through the process of putting the IP address information into my DS, but it still didn't work. I also tried to find the WEP Key to my router, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The wireless router that I have is Linksys Model No: WRT110. If you need more info than that just ask and I'll try to answer you the best I can. This is somewhat out of my knowledge area. It would really be helpful if some could answer my question. Please help me out ^^'

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The WEP key to your router would be in your router's homepage, which you can access ONLY by username/password. Your router page would look something like http://192.168.0.1 or something. Find the router page on Linksys' website for your model. There's a possibility your family left the username/password as the default, and you can log-in and find your WEP key.

The other possibility is that your network is running under WPA instead of WEP, in which case, the DS is not compatible and you will need to change your entire network to WEP instead of WPA security.

Also, the best thing for you to do would be to input your error code on Nintendo's official website that has a section for error codes. They even have tech-support, and lots of help for people having NWFC problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back