• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HOW TO BEAT PHANTOM AQUA!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While waiting for ReMIND, I decided to go back to bosses that I never got around to beating. Case in point: Phantom Aqua after you beat KH 0.2. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to beat her? What level should I be? It's my proud mode file and I'm level 51. The gauntlet to get to her was already challenging (I think it's because I was adjusting from god-Sora in KH3 to Aqua), so I think I may need to grind up my levels.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips or advice on how to beat her, I would greatly appreciate it because I die like in 10 seconds every time.

CutiePique

Awards
As I recall from when I was trophy hunting all the ps4-kh there was to trophy-hunt, 0.2 was big on learning attacks and when precisely to block, dash, yadda yadda... lemme just... search for the thing... AH!
Yeah, I can vouch for this guide/tutorial video by Soraalam1; all of Aqua's attacks are talked about at length and you can definitely get a sense of what's expected of you to finish the fight without taking much or possibly any damage. (Plus, he has a video on the Demon Tide too, in case you're planning on tackling the critical mode objective as well.)
...I'm blanking on whether I did it on Proud or saved it for my beginner run though. Miiight've been on Proud, so I could bring my new expertise to the "beat third P Aqua fight without taking damage" in my beginner run? But I'm ggggonna guess I had ground out to level 80 before it, so that's not a bad plan as well. x_x

Megavoltage

Awards
Zodiac Aqua and critical mode Demon Tide took me sooo many tries, it was a titanic effort to get all of the achievements.

(I think it's because I was adjusting from god-Sora in KH3 to Aqua)
When I first played 0.2 I was angry at how few abilities a Birth By Sleeper had when in the previous game you had like a hundred spells. But I’ve grown to enjoy how scaled back and simple 0.2 is. But I do wish she had a Waterga, Aqua not having a bunch of water magic is a crime the series keeps committing.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
One Interesting design detail I noticed about Phantom Aqua is how, unlike the real Aqua, she leaves no footprints as she walks, and isn't bound by the invisible walls of the arena. Suggesting that both she and the arena are illusory and immaterial to an extent, which really plays well into the whole "Illusion vs Reality" theme of the fight. It also represents how this struggle is just as much an internal conflict as it is an external one. This is further suggested by the name of the area being called "The World Within."

I still think its hilarious that 0.2 had a harder boss then 3
And some pretty well crafted and tighter controls too. I honestly had more fun with the combat in that game than in KH3.

Wish 0.2 could've been a longer experience. Maybe with some additional command styles to further flesh it out. Renewal barrier would've been a welcome addition too.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As I recall from when I was trophy hunting all the ps4-kh there was to trophy-hunt, 0.2 was big on learning attacks and when precisely to block, dash, yadda yadda... lemme just... search for the thing... AH!
Yeah, I can vouch for this guide/tutorial video by Soraalam1; all of Aqua's attacks are talked about at length and you can definitely get a sense of what's expected of you to finish the fight without taking much or possibly any damage. (Plus, he has a video on the Demon Tide too, in case you're planning on tackling the critical mode objective as well.)
...I'm blanking on whether I did it on Proud or saved it for my beginner run though. Miiight've been on Proud, so I could bring my new expertise to the "beat third P Aqua fight without taking damage" in my beginner run? But I'm ggggonna guess I had ground out to level 80 before it, so that's not a bad plan as well. x_x
Thank you! I hope I can beat her before ReMIND comes out.

Veevee

Awards
My advice to beat Phantom Aqua?
Just beat Phantom Aqua,
(worked for me)

You should really stop answering on threads that ask for help against bosses, you always come off as unnecessarily condescending and as one of these "git gud" types of people. Judging from other posts of you, that doesn't seem to be your overall thing, so why do you do this?

Soldier

Awards
You should really stop answering on threads that ask for help against bosses, you always come off as unnecessarily condescending and as one of these "git gud" types of people. Judging from other posts of you, that doesn't seem to be your overall thing, so why do you do this?
This was more of a joke than anything else, I saw that no one else was going to do it, so I did it.
Guess I'll actually be helpful now.
For phantom Aqua, I find that using the limited spells at your disposal is a good tactic to implement. When she splits herself into those doubting copies, a good thunder should eliminate the fakes and strike the real one. When she runs toward you, use firaga or blizzaga to disrupt her. If you're quick you can get her in a good stunlock to build up your command gauge, and then go on to spam spellweaver.

Back