• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How "time travel" could be a technical possibility.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

Although this is not really time travel, it is a technical option.
Consider Vanitas.
He looks exactly like present day Sora, despite the fact that he exists in the past where Sora hasn't grown to that age yet. If Vanitas was able to take on the form of future Sora by Ven connecting with young Sora's heart, then shouldn't this technically be considered time travel? Vanitas has taken on the form of something that hasn't been "created" yet. I hope you'll all consider this point when making theories about the Mysterious Figure.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
no. he connected with sora giving vanitas the appearance of sora. but he was still conncected to ventus so he didnt look ENTIRELY like a kid sora. instead he was caught in between. vens-age-sora-of-darkness pretty much.

Grey

I'm not sure yet if Ven influenced Sora's appearance or if Sora's appearance influenced Ven's (and therefore Vanitas's), because that's dependent on when Vanitas was born.

But regardless, the similarity in appearance is related to Sora's connection to Ven. I assume that Sora was already born when Vanitas was born, so when Sora mended Ven's Heart, Vanitas came to resemble the side of Ven's Heart that was once his, which is now Sora's side.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
That has nothing to do with time travel. It's just that Vanitas had Ven's body but was given Sora's face. Sora's face + Ven's body = Black haired, yellow eyed, KH2-ish Sora face. Nothing to do with "connecting to the future" or anything.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not sure yet if Ven influenced Sora's appearance or if Sora's appearance influenced Ven's (and therefore Vanitas's), because that's dependent on when Vanitas was born. But regardless, the similarity in appearance is related to Sora's connection to Ven. I assume that Sora was already born when Vanitas was born, so when Sora mended Ven's Heart, Vanitas came to resemble the side of Ven's Heart that was once his, which is now Sora's side.

Vanitas being born is why Ven needed Sora to help him fix his own Heart to begin with. So Vanitas came before the bond between Sora and Ven was established.
The better question here would be when did Vanitas first take off his helmet, and what he had to show.
One possibility is that he took it off right after being born, before Ven and Sora were connected, and what was under the mask was a blank face like Xion originally was. Then when Ven and Sora connected, Van's face changed as a result.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, remember in Disney Castle there is the door where the Cornerstone of Light is that lets them get to Timeless River.

Last edited:

Radar

Bronze Member
I remember someone posted something that said. "Time travel in KH?? SHIT JUST GOT SERIOUS!!!"

I really want to use that quote in my sig, if I could only find the post..

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ughhh but then we have to worry about changing the past yada yada yada...

Cause KH seems to work on the 'marty mcfly' theory rather than 'the effects of time travel have already factored into our present' theory...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd like to see how it works in a game that isn't KH2. :\ then I'll decide.
Because just sending Pete into the past already should've changed the entire present and all that shiz just by him filling the past with Darkness. Sora, Donald and Goofy wouldn't have managed to reach the point where they need to go back to the past because the present would be ruined.

then again I never watched the Back to the Future series so I donno if even that works like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back