• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How should coded be released if released in America/Europe/Wherever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacochance

And why couldn't Square release it on everything? PSN, WiiWare, and App Store?

wouldn't it be a major risk? If it takes alot of money just to port it to one, but the port doesn't sell good? If they just port to one, and it sells a ton, then they make money though.

Jakek9

I prefer it to be released with BBS. That would be bomb. Maybe like a pre-order bonus? haha.

Suzuku

wouldn't it be a major risk? If it takes alot of money just to port it to one, but the port doesn't sell good? If they just port to one, and it sells a ton, then they make money though.
No, because it wouldn't cost that much to simply re-work the controls a bit and distribute it digitally. Square whores out many of their games on multiple outlets. For example, Crystal Defenders, a simple stategy game that's not particularly popular, is on PSN, WiiWare, XBLA, and the App Store. FFI and II have been released on PSN and will soon be released on the App Store. It's not costly to simply port games, especially ones as simple as coded are.

tacochance

It sounds pretty good to me, if they released it in episodic form on the PSN and they had a voucher for Episode 1 with BBS, then we would try the game, and want to see what happens so we'd keep buying more and more episodes.

T

The Spoiler

I dont like the idea of a BbS bundle, and its not very likely at all.

PSN Minis would make the most sense, and would be the most likely.

Suzuku

It's too big for PSP minis. App Store is most likely if not all the online platforms.

jdeib963

Anyone who thinks wiiware plz just leave. My bet is PSN, or just a release on PSP. I hope not DSIware or DS in general. No to xbox live. Maybe but i hope not ipod touch only cuz of the other Kh mobile game which blew by the way.

T

The Spoiler

It's too big for PSP minis. App Store is most likely if not all the online platforms.
Its too big for the App store :p

Yeah, it will probably be on the PSN Exclusives, because games on there, like ApeQuest, have episodes and they are pretty small like codeds episodes

siegleeagle

I think it would be safe to say that I HOPE WE GET IT IN GENERAL!!!!!!!!!! Whatever it comes out on is fine for me as long as it DOES come out. I f it doesn't come out no matter how crappy it may be I still want it other wise I would feel like america is getting cheated (like the FM's)and I didn't get all the story.

Suzuku

Its too big for the App store :p

Yeah, it will probably be on the PSN Exclusives, because games on there, like ApeQuest, have episodes and they are pretty small like codeds episodes
No it's not. :/

Anyone who thinks wiiware plz just leave. My bet is PSN, or just a release on PSP. I hope not DSIware or DS in general. No to xbox live. Maybe but i hope not ipod touch only cuz of the other Kh mobile game which blew by the way.
You mean the one that Square had nothing to do with and wasn't released on the iPhone? The one that was made before the iPhone even existed? :I

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
BBS bundle or free from the PSN. I don't like buying games on-line

WarpChaos

wiiware is a safe bet, considering ffIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back