• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How often do you remember your dreams?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
Simple as that. Up until the last 3 years now, I almost never would remember a dream. Since then, I've remembered a handful and in the last six months I've remembered a lot.

So what about you guys? Do you never remember or always remember?

As a secondary: How normal or weird are they? I find I tend to have really bizarre dreams either in the sense of me doing things I never do such as the most recent one where I apparently with to South Korea as some sort of vacation, or are they just super bizarre like one I had where I was killing people or someone died by a car key piercing their heart, or time skipping several years instantly, etc.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I don't remember them right away. Its more like I'm doing something that triggers a vague memory that I can't describe or place. Then way later it hits me that it was from a dream. Dreams to me are like "feels" and I can't see them anymore but I can experience them.

The only dreams I can describe and remember with great detail where my childhood nightmares and they involved large patches of grass and raptors.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't remember my dreams for too long. Only when I wake up the next day, and those memories usually pass after like 2 hours.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Quite often, I'd say, but I choose to ignore many.
As of lately, I have been dreaming a lot about having...unwanted guests in the form of animals in my apartment or even bed, like spiders, frogs or even mice. Somehow, each of those turn into something else at some point of the dream.

Years ago I used to have the same dream over and over again, and I hated it because it was a "can't flee" situation thats scared me, but as of now, I hardly ever dream anything that scares me, luckily.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I seem to forget them all almost immediately. I have a vague impression that something weird happened, but that's all I got.

There are a few exceptions, though. The ones with recurring themes seem to stick better, which involve flight or me getting killed somehow. Oh, and that one time a snake-human tried to eat me. And recently my bro showed up in one, I just remember the feeling of holding his hand and his stumbling run.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah, I remember basically all my dreams almost every night. Most of them are kind of like movies, all my stories and characters are actually either directly from a dream or based on one. They're usually quite "artsy" and abstract so they need some refining, but it's really cool to see dreams like that. Like watching a movie every now and then while sleeping. Sometimes they have pretty complicated plots too, and I wake up and wonder how my brain did that :D

Of course some of them are also just about every day life, sometimes even so realistic and mundane that they feel more like memories in the morning and it's sometimes hard to figure out what actually happened xD Like sometimes I dream about waking up and checking my phone and answering some messages, then I wake up for real and have to check if those messages were real or in the dream. I love sleeping, partially because my imagination is super wild and I have cool dreams.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I honestly forget my dreams 20 seconds after I wake up. Today's actually really strange because I remember the last dream I had extremely vividly for some reason.

Mine are always surreal as hell, but while I'm in the dream it feels completely normal while I'm in it. Like, for example (today's dream), everyone will be completely naked with plaid skirts on for some reason, and I'll think it's completely normal and just casually have normal conversations and go shopping and shit with them but everyone will be naked for some reason. Or when I was a kid I dreamt I was wielding a giant spatula and taking out the robots from Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom in space and then got the pearly gates of heaven and got caught in an oil bubble from one of the robots and suffocated. See? Weird stuff, but I thought it was normal while I was there.

Caxinuld

Awards
I experience them, then I forget the unimportant details when I wake up. After a while, I eventually forget about the entire dream all together.

Hoid

Awards
I keep a small journal right next to my bed, and whenever I have a dream worth remembering I write down as many details as I can before I forget it all. It's surprising how much more I remember when I go back and read what I wrote down. It's gotten to the point where I write at least a little bit about every dream I have, be it a normal dream, lucid dream, or nightmare. It's not perfect, but I remember small details about the dreams I have that I don't think I could recall if I didn't write it down. After one dream I started scribbling down notes about the architecture around me and even drew a small sketch, and when I awoke I remembered it all in near perfect detail. If you do want to try remembering more of your dreams, I highly suggest writing as much down as soon as you can!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(Let it be noted that most people don't remember all of their dreams you have because you have close to like 3-5 of them every night thanks to how our REM cycle works, although on rare occasions people can remember them all)

I do remember most of my dreams most nights. I have really abstract or intense dreams about the world ending or meeting people I haven't seen in a long time matched up to some crazy scenario.

There are the dreams I just let go because they left me feeling too restless. I like using my dreams as positive inspiration for the stuff I work on, so anything that leaves me feeling stressed when I wake up doesn't really come off to me as something worth saving. (which means I tend to let go a lot of the dreams about meeting people I haven't seen in awhile)

I used to lucid dream a lot when I was younger, actually. I found I dislike having control of my dreams.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Almost none, and that pisses me off, why? Because I once had a dream where I spoke to my mother during dinner at a restaurant, and I think it was my subconscious trying to tell my conscious why I've been so angry and depressed for the last few years. Right then, during that dream I had an epiphany, and for the first time in years I felt relieved, like two anchors attached to my lungs had been removed. When I woke up though, I couldn't remember what she said, and I've gone right back to where I was.

I know dreams can have the illusion of making sense, and I'm sure many people have been fooled by their dreams into making them feel something, but this was real. I know in the dream I had finally gotten clarity.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I hardly ever remember. Apparently it's from vitamin B-6 deficiency :c

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
If the dream impacted me (good or bad), I'll hold on to the memory for as long as it is fresh in my mind. But, sometimes flashes of my old dreams may come to be at certain times.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think I remember a good chunk of them. Their contents vary a lot, some being batshit insane with complicated stuff, while others being rather mundane and normal.

I remember in the army that all of the dreams I had were about the army life in some way. It drove me crazy since even the world of dreams did not offer any sort of escape from the life in the barracks.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I may have given up on my dreams years ago. I mean, sometimes, I dream. I tend to forget them as soon as I wake up, but some have stuck by me. They tend to be really weird.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I can sometimes remember dreams I had as a kid like certain nightmares or the best dreams ever like flying. But it happens not often, just when I think about dreams.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd say when I was younger, I used to have dreams a lot and remember them the following day. However, I'd say it's become rarer for me to remember my dreams these days. I usually forget them or don't have them.

My dreams are usually weird. There's been a few instances of stress induced dreams that I'd get yelled within them and be on the verge of tears; begging for forgiveness. (I got grounded a lot when I was thirteen years old.) However, I hardly have dreams like that anymore, except for the one a month or two ago. I don't remember if it was an argument, someone close dying, or what but, I was definitely upset over something within the dream that I was literally crying. Like, bawling my eyes out with my chest heaving and feeling hot all over kind of crying. Talk about bizarre when you wake up from a dream like that without actually crying your eyes out. lol. Then there's been the sensation of falling within a dream. Typically it's stairs or my feet hitting the pavement that jolt me awake. And I do have deja vu dreams, cause there have been strange coincidences of something happening in a dream that comes to pass in reality; like a conversation or traveling somewhere in particular.

Raybrand

There is a bit of a practice I do when waking up to help me remember, I try and empty my head about my schedule today what needs doing almost forget about everything and sorta try and keep myself half asleep so that the transition between sleeping and waking up is less sudden so I don't snap in between two different states, its only for about 10~15 min though I don't usually remember everything.
When I was under more pressure to wake up early or stressed about work and studies I noticed it was getting harder to remember.

If its a good dream or a dream I thought was really cool then I remember it without putting any effort into it like all the dreams that involve DBZ or being in middle earth way back when I was a kid I remember them like yesterday.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I will forever remember the Hotdog Zord. Best dream.

When I was younger I didn't usually remember my dreams (save for Hotdog Zord~) but as I got older I've been remembering them more. Maybe because my dreams got weirder.

To list a few:
Seto Kaiba growing kaiju-sized to fight a bunny girl mech. Kaiba fought with love beams.

I'm driving a sixteen wheeler on Snake Way while Bullet Bills are firing at me, but fortunately Bayonetta is on the roof shooting them all down, while dancing.

And for last night, myself, TheJWittz, Team Galactic, Guzma, and the Planeteers had to go through an obstacle course. At one point we had to swing across through a whole bunch of ropes, Cyrus of Team Galactic messed with the ropes and Guzma started being hanged, but I rescued him. Then we had a mine cart level which shot us into a frozen island. Then we all had to buy cakes and bread at a haunted mansion. Guzma was being chased by grocery carts.

Then I woke up.
I hope Guzma survived the carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back