• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How often are you honest?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Upon growing up, it's the most natural thing to do; lying to get out of trouble. Sometimes we use white lies to soften a blow of something much more worse before breaking the news to somebody having a bad day. Pretty much a standard topic that I haven't seen discussed around here yet. Sorry if this brings up any bad memories.

How often do you lie?
How often are you honest?
Do you prefer the truth/honesty over a lie?
Have you ever felt bad about lying?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
How often do I lie? Wayyyy too often, usually I use it to make things seem less bad then they actually are or I lie to make my stories I tell more interesting.

How often am I honest? Not enough, I honestly feel horrible whenever I tell my girlfriend I'm going to bed and then I just stay up and play video games for several hours.

I prefer the truth when I hear it myself, maybe I should hold those values more closely talking to other people :(

I feel bad about it all the time. It's eating me up inside, the problem is my procrastination is getting so bad that I can't avoid it anymore. Maybe I'll try to improve on that in the future

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm a really bad liar, so I wouldn't even try to straight up lie to someone especially face to face. Anyone who knows me at all would probably know immediately xD Only time I can lie easily is with school stuff. I don't feel guilty coming up with excuses for why I'm not going to school because I feel it's none of their business in the first place. It should be, and I make sure it is, my right to take care of my education and take responsibility for it. If I choose not to go, I have my reasons and I should have the right to do so without anyone questioning.

I do sometimes try to keep something from others, mostly if it's something I don't want to worry them with. If I need help or it's something that will affect them somehow too, then of course I'll tell, even if it's not always easy, but if it's something they can't help with anyway I'd rather deal with it alone. It would just stress me even more to make my family or friends worry.

I really appreciate honesty, and saying things as they are. I can take criticism and hope that people tell me honestly how they feel.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
When I lie, it's usually about unimportant shit I know would be way more troublesome if I told the truth. Other than that, I'd rather call it "stretching the truth". I kinda do that often when telling stories from work, but the people I tell those stories usually know that I kinda stretch what has happened for a humorous effect, so it's not really lying I guess.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I tend to exaggerate when I'm pissed, but I'm mostly blinded by my own anger rather than aware of telling lies.

How often do I lie? Possibly the moderate amount. Don't wanna seem cool by being blunt and honest all the time, so I mostly just say quiet rather than straight-up lie or be straight-up honest.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I lie every time i tell people I'm alright

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I never lie.

arino%20liar_zpsgpm7dg0l.png

SoulXaldin

Awards
I'm a good kid. I have very little reasons to lie other than to get away with minor instances (i.e having to do something that can't really be noticed). But I can tell you about one kid who lies consistently. Let's call them A. They are 18, but honestly, has the mental capability of a 12 year old. Not calling them dumb, they're pretty smart. But they are a very compulsive liar, and it annoys me really because it's something a child does.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I'm a terrible liar so I can never get away with a lie. xD

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I tend to lie during a typical "how are you" "I'm fine" exchange. ... I mean, don't we all? "I'm fine" usually isn't very accurate, but this is a social nicety and no one ACTUALLY wants to hear how you really are.

As for honesty, ha. I'm honest to a fault. I'm not very good at "filtering" my thoughts, so I'll say what I think and upset people. This isn't even something I try to do, it just slips out without me thinking. Ironically, this has given me a reputation for blunt honesty, which in turn makes it much easier to get away with lies.

Logically, anyone should prefer honesty over lies. Honesty can sting, but it won't have that icky side effect of causing people to make decisions based on a faulty perspective. Buuut really, if I was gonna be completely honest all the time, I'm sure a lot of people would hate me because nobody likes criticism.

I don't remember the last time I lied about something particularly significant, so no, lying usually doesn't bother me.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I'm not a very good liar, but I am very good at completely avoiding telling details that are very necessary to tell. It's to the point where I could say I am, in fact, living a lie. So generally, if I state something, it is true... But that doesn't mean that everything is okay. Things are not okay. And at this point it is completely fear that is keeping me silent.

There are circumstances where I do avoid telling the truth for other reasons, though. Like I don't tell my family that I am an atheist. It's for their own good. I fear that they would spend the rest of their lives concerned that I will not join them in heaven, or if I pass away first, that I did not go to heaven. I can't put that on them, especially if I am to pass away before them. They've already been through so much pain. The pain of me passing away is enough.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
In my line of work, honesty is one of crucial traits one must have.

I don't lie per se. When I give out assessment to my juniors/trainees, I usually go easy with the choice of words. Then there were those days when I lambaste them so bad that it would make Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay blush. Tough love.

Last time I've lied, is when I ate the last piece of pie on the fridge.

Angelic Blight

I try to be most of the time and sometimes I just don't want to...
To people I distrust that is.

Honesty is for real people. Lies are for people you dislike.
I am not going to be honest to someone, I don't think deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back