• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How not caring could benefit your life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Re: ever feel out of sync with life?

If you are not being a very active member of your friends lives, it may cause you to feel distant from everyone.
People who are always talking with friends and building new bonds rarely feel out of sync.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member

You should go out, hang out with your friends, spend some time with your family, do less work, and have more fun.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Gram

Banned
Awards

ive never really felt in sync really (no pun intended you bitches)

but try gettting out more.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I actually spend the majority of my time out and with friends. Like arguably too much. But thank you for all the responces all the same!

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

I try to get out, but damn house people make me stay inside.

A Wicked Dawn

People who are always talking with friends and building new bonds rarely feel out of sync.

Not always.
Speaking from experience, you can have friends without feeling any real connection with the people around you or what environment you're in. I have formed many friendships that seem to be one-sided without me really giving them any depth; however, the legitimate friendships I've made with people I identify with and who I consider kindred spirits have helped me get through the hellish environment of small-town Iowa.

Try moving. No joke, it's likely to solve the problems I have with feeling "out of sync" as you said. I call it simple disconnection from things I feel are just distractions, or even obstacles in my way of living, that I don't want to be poisoned by. In my case it's just general rednecks, disapproval of minority lifestyles, hatred hatred hatred.

...just don't move to Iowa.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I think I need a change of scene from the people who I belong with. So a bit of social mobility would probably be a good thing. I'm going to go visit my parents and my old home for a while so hopefully that livens me up a bit

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Hey I changed the name of the thread cause its actually a really interesting concept. Has anyone heard of the idea? The human emotional spectrum etc? Well essentially, You have all different regions - work, relationships, responsibility et al. All emotional stimulating and nourishing parts of life. Psychological study has speculated on the Grey area of not being emotionally invested in these concepts. Out of sync with life as I put it. Anyway needless to say I'm currently working with a psychologist to remove myself from the area and become emotional invested in my life. Yet at the same time this is proving a challenge because of the benefits it has, well in my opinion.

I think it was referred to as something like emotional un-attachments, essentially - not giving a fcuk. About anything. Despite being some what unemotional and distant, this puts at a completely unbiased view from everything. Of course this could vary from person to person, but when you don't care about anything. Its very hard to be persuaded, and everything you do isn't justified its just done.

Another part of reading I did, though I question this a bit, was the sense of enlightenment that can be given to people like this. Though I wasn't really aware of this in myself, after doing some research I found myself relating to this a bit. I found it odd that the idea of emotional unattachment is linked quite strongly with some key aspects of Buddhism and a few other religions. Of course this being psychological research etc, its all speculation though its still pretty interesting.

Does anyone ever think like this?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

I think it was referred to as something like emotional un-attachments, essentially - not giving a fcuk. About anything. Despite being some what unemotional and distant, this puts at a completely unbiased view from everything. Of course this could vary from person to person, but when you don't care about anything. Its very hard to be persuaded, and everything you do isn't justified its just done.
I dont want to have the inferior human body with the apathy of a robot.
I want the superior body of a robot with the emotion of a human.

Another part of reading I did, though I question this a bit, was the sense of enlightenment that can be given to people like this. Though I wasn't really aware of this in myself, after doing some research I found myself relating to this a bit. I found it odd that the idea of emotional unattachment is linked quite strongly with some key aspects of Buddhism and a few other religions. Of course this being psychological research etc, its all speculation though its still pretty interesting.

Does anyone ever think like this?
Only some of the buddist belief, I think.
I dont think "not giving a fcuk" is something they would live by but surely that sort of enlightenment would come solitary lives.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Yeah obviously its quite vague. Thats my view as well about the whole unemotional thing. Like its questionable whether or not its considered human life if you're not feeling anything.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
From personal experience, apathy is just really unflattering after a while.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i find it best to lie in the grey area of caring and not caring.
i've been on both sides and never was very happy on either so i stay in the middle

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Caring, compassion, and emotion are wonderful things. Only, control your emotions and do not let them control you.

An emotionless life is one not lived, I should think.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Without some sort of motivations (ie, the opposite of "not caring" or apathy), life is meaningless. --> a person going into depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back