• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many people beat Leon at the beginning of KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueKey777

Banned
Just as the title says how many people beat Leon at the beginning of the game? It took me a while but I managed to deliver a final blow with just a sliver of life left (I had used all my potions from the destiny islands too).

MindOverdrive

I have always been able to beat him in my playthroughs apart from my very first when I thought he was invulnurable

BlueKey777

Banned
I have always been able to beat him in my playthroughs apart from my very first when I thought he was invulnurable
Haha! Its seems that way doesn't it? I always felt like if I didn't beat Leon then I never really beat the game 100%

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Patience is your greatest asset. Don't get reckless since you don't have too many recovery items to start with.

Also, with enough practice, you can deflect his Fire spell and that will stun him, allowing you to land some free hits on him. I believe it's easiest to do with your jump attack, but if you've gained enough levels in Destiny Islands and obtained Guard, it would be even easier.

BlueKey777

Banned
Patience is your greatest asset. Don't get reckless since you don't have too many recovery items to start with.

Also, with enough practice, you can deflect his Fire spell and that will stun him, allowing you to land some free hits on him. I believe it's easiest to do with your jump attack, but if you've gained enough levels in Destiny Islands and obtained Guard, it would be even easier.
That true! Im sure after you get guard Leon is much easier. Unfortunately on my last play through I didn't have guard yet so I'd land one hit then run away as fast as I could.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've beat him plenty of times myself though, naturally, my first attempts were losses. After I learned to hit his fireball back at him he became rather easy.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, but not my first playthrough, of course. I think the only benefit is he gives you an Elixir or something later? I can't remember.

Quizler

Awards
I only beat him like once, ever. I also thought he was straight up unbeatable for the longest time.

I played my first run on the HD remake on proud too, so I lost to him yet again.

Master Ultima

Awards
I beat him most of the time. You just have to strike him from behind instead of from the front. You can strike is fireball attack right back at him to stun him and come from behind and attack him. That's probably the easiest way I beat him everytime.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I beat him on the first try. I mostly just ran around and waited for an opening.

I didn't know the fireballs could be deflected.

Master Ultima

Awards
When I first faced him i ran around as well until I notice attacking him from behind was his weak spot. I've a lot of walktroughs and people attack from the front instead of from behind.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I beat him on my third playthrough on the game. You just need to know how to block, save your potions, and level up to at least 8 or 9 on Destiny Islands. I think he's easier than Destiny Islands' Riku tbh. I never can beat him :/

nxtgarnett5

Leon always felt like the most impenetrable force to me as a kid. I could never beat him. It probably had something to do with my "just run at him and mash X" strategy though lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, I used to love trying to beat him when I was younger. I've done it on all of my playthroughs except my first because it's pretty easy if you stay patient and do the "hit & run" tactic. Two hits, don't finish the combo, run and dodge, deflect his fireballs, hit him twice, run.

Now I really want to go back and play KH1FM. I've already passed him on my Beginner run, so I suppose I can start up a "Final Mix" mode file.

MegaCore5

Awards
I always had I hard time beating him because of his fire balls. I had guard so I could reflect his fire balls but I could never get the timing perfect. I remember having to use a lot of potions to heal because of my bad timing. Was there a reward if you could beat Leon or was there no point to beating him?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always had I hard time beating him because of his fire balls. I had guard so I could reflect his fire balls but I could never get the timing perfect. I remember having to use a lot of potions to heal because of my bad timing. Was there a reward if you could beat Leon or was there no point to beating him?

You get 30 experience points and later on before you leave Traverse Town the first time, Leon will give you an Elixir. It's not too much, but it is nice to have early on when you are just a weakling.

MyNameisAnsem

Did you take the shield in the Awakening? I don't remember having guard that early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back