• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many people beat Leon at the beginning of KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nxtgarnett5

Did you take the shield in the Awakening? I don't remember having guard that early.

I'm pretty sure that is what causes you to have it, or maybe as long as you don't give it up, I don't exactly remember. But I remember having it during a Leon fight myself

MyNameisAnsem

I'm pretty sure that is what causes you to have it, or maybe as long as you don't give it up, I don't exactly remember. But I remember having it during a Leon fight myself

It's one of those two. I never took or did not give up the shield. Well, I did take the shield once or twice, but that might have been in KH2.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I beat him before but it's usually "hit or miss" so to speak. It's an even amount of winning some than losing some.

Sdog

Awards
I beat him before but it's usually "hit or miss" so to speak. It's an even amount of winning some than losing some.

Think I'm right there with ya, and for the longest time anytime I did a playthrough I thought he was undefeatable and just let him kill me.

nxtgarnett5

It's one of those two. I never took or did not give up the shield. Well, I did take the shield once or twice, but that might have been in KH2.

I think the only thing I never really used was the staff to be honest, the combo of shield and sword in some order was just always the most appealing thing to me

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It wasn't until I wanted to see how the difficulty/abilities differed that I started choosing different routes. Normally, I'd always pick the Staff and give up the Sword.

MyNameisAnsem

I think the only thing I never really used was the staff to be honest, the combo of shield and sword in some order was just always the most appealing thing to me

I can see that. Weapon combos like that never occurred to me, seeing as you only actually use one.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Like others I lost to him on my first playthrough. I just figured he was unbeatable. Then I found out you could beat him and on my second playthrough I tried (several times) and still couldn't beat him. xD Then on my third playthrough on I was able to beat him every time. I remember on that third run through I discovered the ability to deflect his fireball (which I found out on accident since I accidently hit the attack button at the right time :p).

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Now that I think about it I think beating Leon bugs me more than losing to him because Sora still passes out and Leon tells Yuffie he went easy on you when I know he didn't. :p

MegaCore5

Awards
Now that I think about it I think beating Leon bugs me more than losing to him because Sora still passes out and Leon tells Yuffie he went easy on you when I know he didn't. :p
That part made me irritated too. Sora totally kicked Leon's butt. At least there is a nice reward for you if you beat him!

omnipresent

So Sora celebrates by fainting. Completely normal.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Me beating Leon at the beginning? Are you fucking kidding me? I just couldn't. It was just too hard for me to do it the first time around. He was severely difficult to get around and when I did try it on multiple playthroughs, it was the same result. So yeah, I didn't beat him at the beginning lol.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
It's always a good idea to win these optional win fights because of the experience and also you usually get a prize that you wouldn't get if you didn't win.

For Leon just be patient and wait for an opening then use the hit-and-run approach, getting at least a full combo in before retreating. I prefer to hit him with air combos instead of ground combos. It's never that hard for me since I usually try to be at level 10 by this point.

MegaCore5

Awards
It's always a good idea to win these optional win fights because of the experience and also you usually get a prize that you wouldn't get if you didn't win.

For Leon just be patient and wait for an opening then use the hit-and-run approach, getting at least a full combo in before retreating. I prefer to hit him with air combos instead of ground combos. It's never that hard for me since I usually try to be at level 10 by this point.
It's also I good idea to collect all the chests from the destiny islands because they have a bunch of potions. Also leveling up in destiny islands is an added bonus which makes the Leon fight even easier.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Yeah, air-combos are easier just cause on the ground, if you're not fast enough, he'll hit you and well we all know how much of a hard-hitter he is. xD

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

You got that right. Air combos, deflecting the fireballs, and maybe a potion are your best bets to defeating Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back