• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many of you feel this way about KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora341

Awards
How many of you grew up playing Kingdom Hearts? How many of you, like me, were fascinated by the wonderful story line, the characters that never failed to surprise you, and how they rest in your heart until this very day?

I first played Kingdom Hearts when I was a small child. I instantly loved the game. The colors, the scenes, the way the characters looked, how I always wished I could be just like Sora.

Though I did not understand the deeper story plot as a child, I did not need to. The themes of love and friendship, the battle of light and darkness, good overcoming evil, were very apparent to me even in that stage of my life.

Since then, as I grew, the story also grew with me, and over the past seven years of my life the story kept revealing itself to me, and it never ceases to surprise me or make tears spring suddenly to my eyes.

I give a huge thanks to Tetsuya Nomura, for creating this wonderful story. It gave me a childhood and allowed me to escape into something so wonderful that I would not trade it for anything. Thank you so much for providing us with a story that will forever be settled in our hearts.

"Never forget, wherever you go, I'll always be with you."

This quote remains true. I highly doubt this story will ever fade from my heart.

It has helped me carry burdens of my own. Throughout Kingdom Hearts, one of the main themes is to never give up, and that there is always a way.

How many of you felt the true, deep love expressed within this story? How many of your lives have been changed for the better, like mine, after experiencing Kingdom Hearts?

- A true and dedicated fan, Wesley Ward

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I feel the opposite actually. I haven't been with the series as long as some others, but I've been with it for pretty long non the less. At first, I felt that fascination that everyone feels when they discover something new and they know it's going to be special to them. I loved the simple story, the characters, the themes, the design, etc.

Perhaps I've gotten jaded over the years or I've just outgrowing the series, but it doesn't hold that same of awe that it once did and I don't think I can ever feel it again. I've found better stories, better games, other things that are much more worth the appraisal and becoming a writer has allowed me to see it's flaws. Now don't get me wrong, I still love the series and it'll always hold a special place in my heart because I've been with it for so long, but it's something that I feel I should eventually leave.

Right now, half the reason I'm still with the series is out of obligation because I want to finish what I started. I'm waiting for KH3 to come out, and even with another story behind it, I'm finished with the series after that. The other half is because I genuinely enjoy the series, it's story, characters, and game play, but it's not enough to hold me for much longer.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
To keep this really short, while I don't quite feel the same way as you, I love Kingdom Hearts. It's a great, charming series where even when things are kinda stupid (which happens a lot,) it's always making me laugh and cry and just plain feeling good.
I'll be playing it forever.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Honestly, in the beginning, I felt exactly the same way as you. Even know I remember seeing the first sneak peek on Disney Channel....but like many others I have grown rather jaded over some aspects.
I still follow and play it to be sure but to me that magic KH1 had has become almost entirely lost. I still like it for some reasons but by no means do I still love it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I feel similarly.

Kingdom Hearts is by and large my favorite thing. I love almost everything about it and I've spent more time with KH than pretty much anything else. I started all the way back in 2002 and I don't think I'll ever stop.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
It took me a while to decide what I was going to write. At first I was going to say how I’ve grown detached from the series, talk smack about dream drop distance, and then leave it at that. But then I realized just how much of a total tool I would have been to say that. I can’t ignore the excitement that builds inside me whenever I hear something new for this series. I can’t ignore how much fun I have discussing the series with others. People here are genuine and I trust them when they say they don’t like the series anymore or they won’t continue after 3, but I’m disgusted to know I’m so close to saying I hate the series just to sound grown up or insightful. I really love Kingdom Hearts, that’s all there is to it.

Though, that being said, I would like to give you a bit of a warning. Most people I’ve met who’ve grown detached from the things they love tend to be people who used to REALLY love those things. Don’t become so attached you’ll easily burn out. I get my Kingdom Hearts phases sometimes where I can’t do anything but think of kingdom hearts, but moments later I’ll remember there’s so much out there and I love so much of it. Not just all the different games I love, but the books, TV shows, friends, sports, anime, everything that strikes my interests!

In short, continue to wear your KH love with pride and never lose it! I’m glad to know you enjoy the series so much.

KHRULER

Awards
For me,it all started with KH2.I was a yougling.I was playing my older brother's video games and I stumbled upon this game.There was like an immediate spark between me and this game.Oh how I loved it so much.I remember getting stuck on that stupid Xigbar boss level and raging over and over and over.Then....I stopped playing it for some time and threw it in my closet.Then sometime later I tried playing it and I realized it was broken.
I later moved back to Georgia and bought all KH games for PS2.When I got home,I didn't know where to start.I missed out on so much.So I played them by how I thought they went.(The key was the games had 1&2 and remember playing CoM on gameboy)The spark was back.That great feeling you get when something holds a true place in your heart.Overtime,I lost that feeling.I'll never forget it but its not the same anymore.

bankai8299

Awards
I guess i'm 1 of the few people who still feels that it's a wonderfully magical series, i just love what they do and in my eyes kh can never go wrong. I love the series and the characters even (Donald -.-), but i just love it all the same it's amazing that people who are so active on the forums say they've become jaded especially you anagram i follow your stuff.
Honestly, in the beginning, I felt exactly the same way as you. Even know I remember seeing the first sneak peek on Disney Channel....but like many others I have grown rather jaded over some aspects.
I still follow and play it to be sure but to me that magic KH1 had has become almost entirely lost. I still like it for some reasons but by no means do I still love it.
I still think you love it and you're just confused, i've seen the hard work you put into your theories the time it must take is a lot nobody would do that for something they don't love and have a "passion" for no matter how you feel being jaded over some aspects doesn't mean you still don't love it all the same.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I really love this series, it tries my patience at times but I love it all the same. However I won't be playing past KH3, video games were a big part of my life when I was younger but at the age of 20 KH is the only series I have any devotion to at all, and I think it'll be the last.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I personally still love the series. Nowhere near the same level as I did when I was playing the first game and waiting on KH2, but I still do. KH2 really killed my love for a long time. Regardless, I had loved the series too much to just quit it so kept getting the new games. BbS and, to a greater extent, Coded and DDD re-established my enjoyment of the series I used to love. I don't think it'll ever get back to the perfection (imo) that was KH1, but I still love (most of) these characters. It probably helps that I also love Disney, otherwise the filler worlds would probably get on my nerves like they do a lot of other people.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I really like the games, actually! I love KH1, KH1 is the special kind of game that stays good no matter how long it's been. It really is a great game, and I don't think there are too many other games quite like it. I'll tell people that I hate KH2, I can tear into KH2 like no other, I can pick apart it's flaws all day if need be.. But it's not even that bad of a game, it's pretty good, too. I just like the series so much that I know what's good about it, and love to criticize it.

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have been playing Kingdom Hearts since I was 6 and ever since, I've been connected to the series as a whole. The more I play the games and as time goes on, the more connected I become to the games. I love the characters more than I used to and I get more more involved with the plot. The game never got bland to me and I love it even more as time goes on. The only thing that got me to dislike the series a little bit was Chain of Memories because of the gameplay. Other than that, the games continue to reveal more the more times I play them and the story unfolds to me when I go between games filling in any empty spaces bringing me even deeper into the Kingdom Hearts universe. I feel that nothing is better than Kingdom Hearts and anything that I do feel is better is quickly worse than KH because it continues to get better. KH makes me feel like I'm 6 again because it is a part of my childhood and it can never get worse, only better at this point (at least for me).

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I definetly felt the same as you when I first played KH1 which was when I was 8 or 9 (it was 2003 I know that xD). I can't even describe the wonder and awe I felt as I first played KH1. While I admit I'm not quite like that now since i've found so many other great games Kingdom Hearts is still my favorite game series of all time and I enjoy every game or at least the story of every game (it takes a lot of self convincing to play Days now though 1.5 fixed that with its cutscenes).

Sdog

Awards
The Kingdom Hearts franchise will always hold a special place in my heart (no pun inteded), not being only as a great game for the first one but being my favorite of all time and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Now don't get me wrong I can point out as many flaws with the game as the next guy but what the game did for me as a kid and growing up is what takes it for me. I'll try not to get sappy but when it came out I was going through quite a bit and it was a good surrogate for what I needed at the time. From the wonderful charm of the characters, the themes of friendship, and the beautiful music which I listen to weekly to this day, this game is a part of me in a way.

Do I still feel the same euphoria playing through it now as I did all those years ago when it first came out? Hard to say, more than likely not. But what I play now I see in a slightly different light (again no pun intended) than what I saw back then. I still think as a gamer it's a great piece of work that holds up to how it did back then and recent iterations i.e. BBS and DDD have helped freshen it up bit from how it started, and as with all of you I'm thoroughly looking forward to KHIII ='D.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
As I wrote long ago in my editorial, I love the series, it's something I will continue to replay forever, but I mean the story has gotten so complicated after the last few games, it kinda turned me off a bit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS! But, it's gotten to the point where I'm just, I'm done, I love KH, but I'm done, my brain hurts... xD But who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the next KH after KH 3 and will buy it just to see the new story, but eh. But I will always hold KH in my heart, as one of my favorite games of all time.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I really like Kingdom Hearts. It's my favorite series, and I too have followed since I was little. I'm not sure if the games will stay with me forever, but I would say they have impacted my personality in ways over the years.
And I still get very excited. I was jumping around screaming like an idiot when KH3 was announced at E3 2013. When I think back to how excited I was for KH2 when I was younger, I think I still love KH just as much... maybe more, since I understand the story a lot better than I did as a kid.

Maybe after KH3 has come and gone I won't like the series as much as I do now. It wouldn't surprise me if things turned out that way, but for now I'm still a big fan. :)

Pisceanreve

I love Kingdom Hearts! It's really touched me like no other story has before.
I started playing it with my friend when we were 8 and we quickly grew to be best friends. Maybe it was a bit of fate, as we also somehow turned out to be a lot like Sora and Riku (but girl version, I suppose XD). Both our personalities and dynamic constantly reminds us of them.
We jokingly call Kingdom Hearts our religion XD
It has never failed to be, as the game might put it, my light in the darkness ^^

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Oh I still get that feeling of awe when I play Kingdom Hearts. It makes me feel like I'm that 5 year old on my first trip to Disney World. I first played Kingdom Hearts when I was 9 on the GameBoy Advance. Then I heard that KHII was coming out and I just had to play it and figured I would get the original game while I was at it.

I played KHII first. I loved the combat so much more than that stupid card system. I just wanted to pound heartless and that's exactly what I got with KHII. KHII became my favorite game at that time. I loved the music, story, almost everything. Then I played Kingdom Hearts and found out how it all started. I loved it but I think I liked KHII more still. Then I started to grow up and play more games. More sophisticated games too. I started to realize that the story and the dialogue especially weren't all that great.

At this point I think the game is way too complicated for what it is. I like the complexity of the Metal Gear series much better, and I think it's handled better too. I loved Birth By Sleep though. I felt like the story was somewhat easier to grasp. Not to mention the gameplay was my favorite of the series and the writing got a huge upgrade. Then I played DDD and really liked it but they decided to introduce...time travel. I still don't completely understand the rules of time travel in KH and how it's going to affect what's happening in KHIII. I haven't played or know anything about Coded yet either which keeps me deeper in the dark about some stuff.

But if there's one thing that pisses me off about Kingdom Hearts it's Xion and I think this has been discussed enough for people to understand why. I still love KH and the story despite this one stain. I enjoy myself when I play the games and I'm obviously excited for KHIII.

In any case, I could see myself playing this series after KHIII. I don't really know if I would be playing for the story after that, I just really like the gameplay. I suppose my attitude is going to be based off the ending of KHIII.

bankai8299

Awards
Oh I still get that feeling of awe when I play Kingdom Hearts. It makes me feel like I'm that 5 year old on my first trip to Disney World. I first played Kingdom Hearts when I was 9 on the GameBoy Advance. Then I heard that KHII was coming out and I just had to play it and figured I would get the original game while I was at it.

I played KHII first. I loved the combat so much more than that stupid card system. I just wanted to pound heartless and that's exactly what I got with KHII. KHII became my favorite game at that time. I loved the music, story, almost everything. Then I played Kingdom Hearts and found out how it all started. I loved it but I think I liked KHII more still. Then I started to grow up and play more games. More sophisticated games too. I started to realize that the story and the dialogue especially weren't all that great.

At this point I think the game is way too complicated for what it is. I like the complexity of the Metal Gear series much better, and I think it's handled better too. I loved Birth By Sleep though. I felt like the story was somewhat easier to grasp. Not to mention the gameplay was my favorite of the series and the writing got a huge upgrade. Then I played DDD and really liked it but they decided to introduce...time travel. I still don't completely understand the rules of time travel in KH and how it's going to affect what's happening in KHIII. I haven't played or know anything about Coded yet either which keeps me deeper in the dark about some stuff.

But if there's one thing that pisses me off about Kingdom Hearts it's Xion and I think this has been discussed enough for people to understand why. I still love KH and the story despite this one stain. I enjoy myself when I play the games and I'm obviously excited for KHIII.

In any case, I could see myself playing this series after KHIII. I don't really know if I would be playing for the story after that, I just really like the gameplay. I suppose my attitude is going to be based off the ending of KHIII.

they don't have a 1 up like button so 1+

MyNameisAnsem

I love Kingdom Hearts, but I actually only got into it in recent years. Maybe... 5 or 6 years ago, a little while before Days came out, I played KH2 at a friend's house, and I loved it. Once I heard there was going to be a DS game a freaked out and had to have it, and I got it for Christmas in 2009. For a while after that, I only had ever played some KH2 and Days. As such, I was pretty lost on the story.

Eventually, I ended up getting a used PS2 and playing 1, 2, and Re:CoM. Of course, I also picked up BbS for my PSP and Re:coded for my DS. Somewhere down the line, my attitude towards Kingdom Hearts went from "Oh, this is neat." to "I NEED TO PLAY THESE GAMES I LOVE THEM."

By the time DDD rolled around, I was pumped. I was all over the place looking for news. Hard to believe it'll be 3 years tomorrow since it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back