• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Maleficent and Pete are in Coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I haven't really been keeping up with the Coded information much, but I've seen the pictures on the website and scans that feature Pete and Maleficent having an active role in the story. If Coded hasn't already revealed how they are able to show up in the game, then I have my own theory of how that came about.

Firstly, this theory proceeds under the assumption that they are indeed the real Pete and Maleficent, partially based off how Pete as far as we know wasn't even involved with the events of KH1 or KH:CoM, so if there is no justification for why digital copy of Pete to appear in Coded, then the game might very well feature the real thing. And Pete was with Maleficent at the end of KH2, so it's natural to think that they might be still working together.

How would they acquire the means to access the virtual world that Mickey created from the KH1/KH:CoM Journal though?

For that, let's rewind to the beginning of KH2. DiZ created a virtual world of Twilight Town to house Roxas' existence while Namine restored Sora's memories. However, the Organization managed to send Axel into that virtual world. How did they accomplish such a feat? I believe they used their computer to hack into DiZ's virtual world, and then used that established connection to transport Axel into Virtual Twilight Town.

I think the Organization's computer it capable of accessing other virtual worlds and transporting individuals into said virtual worlds.

Now this is significant because at the end of KH2, Maleficent revealed her intention to claim The Castle That Never Was as her own. Now of course though, there were a few... obstacles. The wave of Heartless didn't seem that they would obey them there. Not to mention, the Nobodies... if any were left... might be against Pete and Maleficent. But, if by some small chance that they were successful and able to claim that castle for themselves, what would that mean exactly? It would mean that all the Organization's property would fall in their possession. All their books, their records, their experimental results, equipment... the list goes on and on. But most relevant to Coded, they would also gain possession of the Organization's computer. And with that device, they might be able to hack into Mickey's virtual world of the Journal, and thus transport themselves there in order to do what they do best... cause trouble for the heroes.

Besides, I think most would agree that Pete and Maleficent were boring and nonthreatening villains in KH2, so imagine how just more dangerous they would became if they are equipped with all the Organization's resources left behind. All their secrets... Xemnas' secrets perhaps... in their possession. It would actually make Pete and Maleficent competent villains for the future of the series.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
ooh i like this theory, well thought out with the only variable being that they could actually obtain the castle which i dont doubt. also i think that they are the real pete and maleficent and that nomura hasnt revealed how they got there yet. although i am not to knowledgable about coded either

White Mushroom

I haven't really been keeping up with the Coded information much, but I've seen the pictures on the website and scans that feature Pete and Maleficent having an active role in the story. If Coded hasn't already revealed how they are able to show up in the game, then I have my own theory of how that came about.

Firstly, this theory proceeds under the assumption that they are indeed the real Pete and Maleficent, partially based off how Pete as far as we know wasn't even involved with the events of KH1 or KH:CoM, so if there is no justification for why digital copy of Pete to appear in Coded, then the game might very well feature the real thing. And Pete was with Maleficent at the end of KH2, so it's natural to think that they might be still working together.

How would they acquire the means to access the virtual world that Mickey created from the KH1/KH:CoM Journal though?

For that, let's rewind to the beginning of KH2. DiZ created a virtual world of Twilight Town to house Roxas' existence while Namine restored Sora's memories. However, the Organization managed to send Axel into that virtual world. How did they accomplish such a feat? I believe they used their computer to hack into DiZ's virtual world, and then used that established connection to transport Axel into Virtual Twilight Town.

I think the Organization's computer it capable of accessing other virtual worlds and transporting individuals into said virtual worlds.

Now this is significant because at the end of KH2, Maleficent revealed her intention to claim The Castle That Never Was as her own. Now of course though, there were a few... obstacles. The wave of Heartless didn't seem that they would obey them there. Not to mention, the Nobodies... if any were left... might be against Pete and Maleficent. But, if by some small chance that they were successful and able to claim that castle for themselves, what would that mean exactly? It would mean that all the Organization's property would fall in their possession. All their books, their records, their experimental results, equipment... the list goes on and on. But most relevant to Coded, they would also gain possession of the Organization's computer. And with that device, they might be able to hack into Mickey's virtual world of the Journal, and thus transport themselves there in order to do what they do best... cause trouble for the heroes.

Besides, I think most would agree that Pete and Maleficent were boring and nonthreatening villains in KH2, so imagine how just more dangerous they would became if they are equipped with all the Organization's resources left behind. All their secrets... Xemnas' secrets perhaps... in their possession. It would actually make Pete and Maleficent competent villains for the future of the series.
Good theory, I like it, but I don't think its gonna happen.

Avens

[I]Axel's Seven Days, translation by gold_panner[/I]
Deep inside the castle of the world that never was, there were silent rooms. Once, they had been research facilities, and there was an enormous computer with various data stored on it. Axel had heard it was the same computer Ansem had once had, salvaged and put here.

Saïx sat in front of the computer, tapping away on the keyboard.

“First of all, a test.”

“Got you,” said Axel, nodding.

He stood in front of the huge device set up beside the computer. From here he’d be converted into data and fed into the virtual space, the same as two days ago.

“It didn’t take as long as I thought,” said Axel, idly, to Saïx’s turned back.

“There’s a hole in the virtual space. Someone could go back and forth through it, like you did.”

“Who’s going back and forth?”

“We haven’t got that far,” said Saïx, finally looking back at Axel. “Don’t do anything to Roxas yet. The bottom line is, we can only send you in as an experiment.”

“I get it.”

At Axel’s unenthusiastic reply, Saïx turned indifferently to the computer and resumed typing on the keyboard. “We’re going.”

“Ok.”

Saïx pushed a small button. From the big device a blue light shone, and Axel’s figure disappeared.

I like long quotes? So yeah, you're right that the Organization had the technology to access virtual worlds, and to mess with them. Where I think you're wrong is in saying that Pete and Maleficent took over TCtNW, because I'm pretty sure Xemnas tore that apart at the end of KH2. Maleficent's got her own resources, though, so I wouldn't be too troubled about her having a computer. I mean, if Saix can hack into DiZ's virtual space, it's not even a stretch that she might do the same with Mickey.

Awards
I actually like this.

The novels did confirm that the Organization hacked the virtual TT through their own computer system, so it works in that regard.
But I do have one problem with it, namely the condition of TWTNW.

It was never explicitly seen, but to me it appeared that TWTNW got destroyed in the course of the battle with Xemnas.
For starters, the TCTNW's main tower got knocked over. Then when the dragon was getting consumed by darkness, the Dark City was sucked up along with it (as we see when the buildings fly into that vortex).

That's not to say there aren't some remnants left (I mean, after all, if it did get entirely destroyed, then we'd have to ask how Pete and Maleficent escaped), but I'm not too keen on TWTNW making a return.
EotW was KH1's final world, and after that it was done. Same goes with TWTNW in KH2. I don't like it being relegated to a smaller role in subsequent games.

But, you know what, I guess I still consider this likely.

Maleficent clearly stated that she wanted to take over the castle. I don't think they threw that in there for no reason.
And she DOES have a habit of picking up the pieces of a shattered world and transforming it for her own means.

Hell, if this is right, maybe we'll actually find out just what secrets that crashed truck in Memory's Skyscraper holds.
:p

Key of Valor

The Professor
I'm not sure if TCTNW was really destroyed. Yes, the highest tower collapsed, but the fate of the rest of the structure is still unknown. Xemnas in his dragon form began a battle which led away from TCTNW so the battles following the collapse of the one tower didn't occur near the Castle so it would seem.

However, if the Castle was destroyed somehow, then I guess the claim could be made that the swarm of Heartless consumed the wreckage and transported it elsewhere. Maleficent had access to things that the Heartless take, which is demonstrated by how she was able to retrieve Kairi's vessel for Riku in KH1. She possibly could have retrieved the Organization's resources from the Heartless as well.

And thanks for the comments everyone.

peachie

The novels aren't completely canon, but it was said in them that Saix used the organization computer in TCTNW to send Axel over to the digital Twilight Town. So this makes sense.

DrTempo

Well, Ep. 6 is out, and apparently, this Pete and Maleficent are the real deal, and when Mickey and co. got sucked into the book, they did too.

Awards
Yeah, this theory has been more or less thrown out the window.

For the record, though, I like it more than Pete and Maleficent... just strolling into Disney Castle (I mean a castle is supposed to be fortified, Pete was banned, and you figured they would have learned from Maleficent in KH2, but whatever).

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
So how did Pete and Maleficent just get sucked in to the journal...and how did they even get in the caste?
Well it apparently was an accident
According to Pete, they had snuck into Disney Castle in the real world to ask the King about their plans, but he was surrounded by the bright light from the data Destiny Island, and was taken to the data world at the same time as the King. While the King ended up in the data room that Riku had created, Pete was thrown somewhere deep in the data world. Pete called on Maleficent and they started to make another evil plan, a plan to rule the world. The King and Riku try to stop them, but Maleficent kidnaps Riku, and runs off with Pete.

Radon

mofo
Isn't the cornerstone meant to keep away all the darkness (including Pete and Maleficent)? I want to watch a translated version of Coded so that I have some sort of idea what the hell is going on. But that surely is going to take a while.

Avens

Isn't the cornerstone meant to keep away all the darkness (including Pete and Maleficent)? I want to watch a translated version of Coded so that I have some sort of idea what the hell is going on. But that surely is going to take a while.
Translation links: GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts Coded (MOBILE) FAQ/Walkthrough by Nanani

Yeah... about the cornerstone, I think it just keeps people from entering via corridors of darkness. Merlin seems to imply that the Heartless and Maleficent can only get in because Pete opened a door from the past.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Yeah... about the cornerstone, I think it just keeps people from entering via corridors of darkness. Merlin seems to imply that the Heartless and Maleficent can only get in because Pete opened a door from the past.

Exactly. The only way Pete and Maleficent could have gotten in was via the Corridors of Darkness, which should not be possible with the Cornerstone's power still presumably intact. Unless they arrived via Gummi Ship, which to me is a slightly ridiculous imagery.

Awards
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that at least half of this is true- that Maleficent and Pete really did take over TCTNW.

Sora, "Your Majesty"! Do not forget---when I've destroyed them all, this castle shall be mine!

This quote sounds prophetic. It's not just any old statement, it almost seems like an imperative.
Given that Maleficent and Pete were in need of a base of operations throughout KH2, I doubt they would leave this open.
And, in hindsight, it would be stupid for them not to take over TCTNW- it would be empty promises on Maleficent's part.

That said, though, it probably still has little to do with coded.
But now I'm at least trying to envision a TCTNW with Maleficent's touch- a transformation that would mirror Radiant Garden's degradation into Hollow Bastion.

Almost the same concept when you think about it. A battle tears up the world, and both times Maleficent comes to pick up the pieces for her own purposes.

magic713

Awards
I find this theory very possible. But I would not think that they put themselves into the data world. I think that they hacked into it and their data versions are like a virus. They only believe they are the originals because they were not given the knowledge saying otherwise.

Radon

mofo
They are the real Pete and Maleficent. Pete was accidently sucked into the journal with Mickey and Co. and then alerted Malefeficent to come in so that they could rule the data world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back