• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How is Aqua suppose to be "Plan B" when she isn't even a heart of pure light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Silver Member
The best I can figure, it'd have to be Ven. Though I kind of suspect that the existence of Aqua-Vanitas would doom everybody. XD;

If Ven fails to fuse with Van, wouldn't mean that Ven had being in comma status?
Then end up no opponent? lol MICKEY?

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
BBS Ultimania Interview said:
-- When Vanitas calls Aqua a "spare", is he talking about raw materials for making a χ-blade?

Nomura: Yes. She was a "spare" prepared in case Ventus did not survive the fusion process with Vanitas. Aqua was recognised by Eraqus as a legitimate Keyblade Master who viewed light as absolute, and holds a strong heart of light. So if Ventus were to fail she could have been used as material for the χ-blade.

Thats what Nomura had to say about that subject.

Shire Folk

False
only because Ven connected his heart to Sora's
now just because YOU'RE assuming Aqua would be fine due to what evidence? Vanitas isn't a human. Aqua and Ven are humans thus they will be the same no matter how "strong" your light is. Ven's heart was full of light. read the reports. MX said the reason he couldn't take Ven's body is because he has too much light and won't use the darkness within him. key word "TOO MUCH LIGHT"
even later on MX said
"Aqua and Ventus have a light too strong that makes your darkness apparent" to terra at Radiant Garden. Ven has a lot of light in him. That's why MX couldn't take his body. because of that. so...because Aqua would have strong light in her the same rules will apply. she will die due to her heart not connecting with anyone else. it's a stupid situation and crappy dialogue that doesn't even make sense. no way in the right mind MX would wait for all that BS.

We need to stop ragging on about the strength of light or the strength of the darkness within the heart to determine whether or not a person would survive the splitting process. Yes, Ventus had a lot of light in his heart, yes, Aqua also has a lot of light in her heart, but when MX separated the darkness from Ventus that was when he was, what, ten, eleven? The strength of his HEART ITSELF was weak at the time. He had a Keyblade, so he must have had a strong heart, but it was comparatively weaker to the strength of Aqua's heart at the time of BBS, about five years later or so. Aqua's heart itself was very strong, so even without the darkness she has a much higher probability of surviving without connecting her heart to someone else's.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
False
only because Ven connected his heart to Sora's
now just because YOU'RE assuming Aqua would be fine due to what evidence? Vanitas isn't a human. Aqua and Ven are humans thus they will be the same no matter how "strong" your light is. Ven's heart was full of light. read the reports. MX said the reason he couldn't take Ven's body is because he has too much light and won't use the darkness within him. key word "TOO MUCH LIGHT"
even later on MX said
"Aqua and Ventus have a light too strong that makes your darkness apparent" to terra at Radiant Garden. Ven has a lot of light in him. That's why MX couldn't take his body. because of that. so...because Aqua would have strong light in her the same rules will apply. she will die due to her heart not connecting with anyone else. it's a stupid situation and crappy dialogue that doesn't even make sense. no way in the right mind MX would wait for all that BS.

the ONLY reason princess of heart don't need to connect their hearts with someone else is BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY BEINGS OF PURE LIGHT. it is NOT the same with getting rid of the darkness within someone and they'll be all light. their heart will be shattered just like Ven's. they weren't BORN with only light in their heart. that's why the princesses are special. they were BORN with pure light and no darkness in their heart.

and btw Ven has a lot of light. Once again read the MX reports. he said that he couldn't take Ven's body as he has a lot of light within him.
Um no? Are you saying that Vanitas was only able to survive because of Ven's connection to Sora? If so your wrong if not then reread my post and your response.
How am I assuming anything? Im simply saying that YOU can't assume something because of one case. I never said Aqua wouldn't need a connection too, just that its only a possibility.

Crystal

Silver Member
I thought Vanitas could survive due to his heart of pure darkness is strong enough.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We need to stop ragging on about the strength of light or the strength of the darkness within the heart to determine whether or not a person would survive the splitting process. Yes, Ventus had a lot of light in his heart, yes, Aqua also has a lot of light in her heart, but when MX separated the darkness from Ventus that was when he was, what, ten, eleven? The strength of his HEART ITSELF was weak at the time. He had a Keyblade, so he must have had a strong heart, but it was comparatively weaker to the strength of Aqua's heart at the time of BBS, about five years later or so. Aqua's heart itself was very strong, so even without the darkness she has a much higher probability of surviving without connecting her heart to someone else's.

This is actually the statement which comes near the truth the most.
Xehanort couldn't/did not want to use Ven as his new vessel because he was too frail both physically and had too much light.
In the X-Reports it was also stated that Ven is to benign and kind for his own good, indicating a very strong light in his heart.
Xehanort tried to make Ven use the little darkness he had, but the kid outright refused to do it.
As said, Ven was 9/10 years old at the time of the neo-shadow attack and him being attacked by the heartless probably additionally weakened him.
When MX did the heart-cracker Vanitas took much of Ven's power at his creation...and started to absorb/leech off even more power from the injured kid...eventually sending his injured heart into a critical condition.
So not the initial "heart-split" was the reason Ventus started to "die" but because Vanitas took too much away from him.
Between the time of Vanitas's creation and MX dumping Ventus on DI there is a gap of some days until MX realized that Vanitas was literally devouring Ven, as he initially planned on training both boys to be his x-blade material, as indicated in Xehanort's Report 10.

So Ventus was already severely weakened even before Xehanort performed that cruel heart-splitting attack, making it easier for Vanitas with his new dark heart to send Ven into a critical condition.

As for Aqua, she was trained since early age by Master Eraqus and that training has made her heart filled with enough light to be a suitable x-blade material.
That's also what Nomura seems to have meant.

Actually it was Xehanort's initial plan to turn Ventus into a dark warrior and pit him against one of Eraqus's light students to get the x-blade, yet Ven's kind nature and refusal to use his own darkness prevented that and MX, getting pissed over this resorted to creating Vanitas.

Taking this all into consideration I think we either may not take this "pure" in a literal sense or there is a way to make a heart "pure" without actually destroying it.
(Which may in Ven's case also a combination of him already weakened by battle, him still a kid that time, Vanitas feeding off his power and not to forget the bunch of heartless that overwhelmed him.)

Crystal

Silver Member
If Ven sucessfully fully use his own darkness, he will be go against Aqua to get the X-blade?

Radar

Bronze Member
For OP, I never understood it either.

The scene when Vanitas is about to kill Aqua always pops into my mind. What if he was planning on extracting her darkness? Or something like that? But I'm not gonna start that whole arguement.

vnnk

The scene when Vanitas is about to kill Aqua always pops into my mind. What if he was planning on extracting her darkness? Or something like that? But I'm not gonna start that whole arguement.

Dark Aqua. someone has got an Idea of a fan fic from that >D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Radar

MX did say pretty clearly to "take Aqua's life."

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
MX did say pretty clearly to "take Aqua's life."

Yeah, and it has never ever happened that Vanitas gave MX "the middle finger" and decided to do what he wants, right?
Disobeying orders is something Vanitas seemed to like sometimes I remember.

Yet still, he also could just have drawn out the killing strike to goad Ventus into finally face him...or the developers just drew it out for dramatical effect in game...lol.
So for me both versions are possible.

Stars

リク
Seeing this... I was thinking about the scene in Neverland where after Aqua and Vanitas fight each other and them both fainted or what... And that was a good time for Vanitas to kill Aqua when he awake actually... Was it because MX never order him to do so? Lol

Crystal

Silver Member
Seeing this... I was thinking about the scene in Neverland where after Aqua and Vanitas fight each other and them both fainted or what... And that was a good time for Vanitas to kill Aqua when he awake actually... Was it because MX never order him to do so? Lol

Maybe he is not enough strength to kill Aqua anymore?
Yeah true, there is some time when Aqua faints, Vanitas can actually kills her..so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back