• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How I Want Final Fantasy Used In Future Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Since Nomura is clearly against using Final Fantasy characters again, I think he will have to be creative to keep its presence in the game. Sure the constellations and the summons in Toy Box were great, but I'm thinking it can actually be used as a side quest: karaoke.

In Twilight Town, the girls (Kairi/Xion/Namine/Aqua) hang out at the restaurant. Scrooge just added in a karaoke machine, but it needs special tokens to unlock songs (you find these tokens by completing missions in other worlds). Each song has a cutscene where the girls talk to each other and have their own little side story within KH IV, but the songs you pick are Disney songs and Final Fantasy songs (even Simple & Clean, Sanctuary, Face My Fears, and Don't Think Twice)! They will all be covers by the KH girl cast. Each song will feature a cutscene of their performance. They already have the Melody of Memory system, so they can just port that into KH IV as a mini-game.

I can just imagine Kairi/Xion/Namine performing "Real Emotion" dressed as YRP. Aqua can sing "Eyes On Me".

What do you guys think?

Foxycian

Awards
what I’m Gonna say is irrelevant but I do remember Nomura saying something along the line that the KH series can stand on its two feet without them and I was like what is this man smoking? Final fantasy is part of kingdom hearts no matter what, not just final fantasy any square enix characters in general.

okhi12

Awards
To be honest I don't think that's what the female characters of KH need. They should stay relevant by doing something important, reducing them to karaoke fanservice would be almost insulting in my opinion. Same with the FF characters, I'd rather not see them anymore if that's what they have to offer...
But I understand others would like it and respect your idea.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like the idea of a Karaoke Minigame in Scrooge's restaurant. I even suggested it in a thread about the characters singing in the series.

In regards to Nomura being against FF characters returning in Phase 2 I feel like if he was truly against it he wouldnt have bothered putting the Restoration Commitee at the end of Re:MIND. Now that he is aware of people's disappointment with a lack of cameos he may be willing to bring them back. We'll just have to wait and see

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
To be honest I don't think that's what the female characters of KH need. They should stay relevant by doing something important, reducing them to karaoke fanservice would be almost insulting in my opinion. Same with the FF characters, I'd rather not see them anymore if that's what they have to offer...
But I understand others would like it and respect your idea.
I wouldn't want that to be the only thing they do. It would be a mini-game/side story that is relevant to the plot. The tagline of Melody of Memory is literally "Melodies and Memories hold the secret of his final plan." Maybe the girls can meet up and use karaoke as a way to unlock the secrets of their memories? It would be Kairi, Namine, Xion, and Aqua - all people whose memories or access to memories can hold secrets.

And I don't see how having Kairi/Namine/Xion singing "Real Emotion" dressed as YRP would be insulting as a side story mini-game. Why can't they have fun? They've been kidnapped, tortured, forgotten, killed, and erased from existence enough. I want to see them actually have fun and not eternally be subject to being sad (especially Xion, who I would love to see dressed as Paine).

Henryp

Awards
Why only the girls?

I wouldn't mind a karaoke minigame in future KH as it will fit with the current MoM... But I find it sexist to only be the girls. As you say, they've been kidnaped and erased from existence, the last thing we need is for them now that they are alive and well to be the only ones to be interested in super yuppy karaoke.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why can’t it be all of the characters? Why would it just be the girls? I want to see Sora perform Real Emotion, not the girls. I’m not saying that in jest, I’m saying that as a counter to a pretty sexist idea.

Sora is the singer and dancer in the series. He’d sooner be the one to appear on a stage and perform some pop ballad before any other character.

Also I don’t understand how this would be a way to work Final Fantasy in? It’s no better than the constellations and Dissidia NT display. It’s an easy throwaway to cash in on FF references without committing to FF characters.

I like how they implemented FF referenced in KH3, but it was a concession the dev team came up with since Nomura initially didn’t want FF characters in—a wholesome, genuine one from a place of love by the devs, but a concession none-the-less.

Girls karaoke night at the bistro is just another form of that. And sexist.

I’m already mad Kairi’s first major story development is linked to a rhythm game she isn’t even playable in (as far as we are aware). This is just salt on that wound.

Edit: okay, anger aside, I would want this to happen. It just can’t be the female characters, though. No way is that acceptable. It has to be the whole cast and they have to all have a mixed bag of songs. Yakuza this game out. I want the equivalent of “24-hour Cinderella” in this. Full on scene transformation.

Last edited:

Somnus cealum

Awards
well the final fantasy characters are part of the story now so yes i think we need them to return and have noctis as a king for radiant garden. and maybe yozora can be friends with sora and riku, yozora and noctis could meet.

Grey Skies

Awards
I very much approve of mini-games in KH. I'm just not sure about only the female characters doing a karaoke mini-game.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I honestly think we won't see the ff characters again outside of small cameo's. Their appearances in Remind felt very forced. Its It's probably the most blatant example of Remind bowing to fan feedback due to them basically just being there so Riku can expedite to someone.

Foxycian

Awards
Seeing as they are back meaning Nomura Realized how much we love these characters, he will probably still keep using final fantasy in the future.

2 quid is good

Awards
Seeing as they are back meaning Nomura Realized how much we love these characters, he will probably still keep using final fantasy in the future.
I severely doubt it. For whatever reason he changed his mind about wanting them, and he's a very stubborn guy. Now he's got all the excuses in the world to shove em under a bus even harder considering the dark seeker saga has ended

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why can’t it be all of the characters? Why would it just be the girls? I want to see Sora perform Real Emotion, not the girls. I’m not saying that in jest, I’m saying that as a counter to a pretty sexist idea.

Sora is the singer and dancer in the series. He’d sooner be the one to appear on a stage and perform some pop ballad before any other character.

Also I don’t understand how this would be a way to work Final Fantasy in? It’s no better than the constellations and Dissidia NT display. It’s an easy throwaway to cash in on FF references without committing to FF characters.

I like how they implemented FF referenced in KH3, but it was a concession the dev team came up with since Nomura initially didn’t want FF characters in—a wholesome, genuine one from a place of love by the devs, but a concession none-the-less.

Girls karaoke night at the bistro is just another form of that. And sexist.

I’m already mad Kairi’s first major story development is linked to a rhythm game she isn’t even playable in (as far as we are aware). This is just salt on that wound.

Edit: okay, anger aside, I would want this to happen. It just can’t be the female characters, though. No way is that acceptable. It has to be the whole cast and they have to all have a mixed bag of songs. Yakuza this game out. I want the equivalent of “24-hour Cinderella” in this. Full on scene transformation.
I wanted the girls to have screentime together. They never get time on their own and I'm not sure if KH ever passed the Bechdel test, since the girls are always talking about Sora/Roxas/Terra/Ven/Riku.

It would be a way to reference Final Fantasy, without committing to the actual characters. If Nomura doesn't want them back, then at least reference Final Fantasy.

But now that I think about it, you're right that Sora is the singer/dancer. So maybe instead they can use the Final Fantasy songs, but move it from the bistro to Atlantica. That way we finally get the girls to have a form change (mermaid), Sora/Donald/Goofy can sing and dance along, and Ariel too! That would allow Disney songs and Final Fantasy songs to come together.

Also, why would Sora perform "Real Emotion"? That song is a trio song and Kairi/Namine/Xion would kill it dressed as Yuna/Rikku/Paine (Xion as Paine please).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Also, why would Sora perform "Real Emotion"?

Why wouldn't he? Have you played KH2!Atlantica? He sings Little Mermaid showtunes.

That song is a trio song and Kairi/Namine/Xion would kill it dressed as Yuna/Rikku/Paine (Xion as Paine please).

How do you figure? Yuna LeBlanc is the one singing it in the opening sequence.

Katsagu

Awards
I want to see them implemented in the disney worlds, like Cloud, Auron and Zack in Olympus, I don't understand why that's the only world where they're implemented.

I've only played a handfull of FF games, but I can think of some of the top of my head:
- Snow from FF XIII on Frozen world, because he also has abilities related to ice thanks to shiva and also wants to save someone close to him (like anna wanted to go save/look for elsa). Or maybe they flip things around, and Serah got frozen because of Elsa and he goes after her to get Serah back and he becomes a boss fight were you fight him and shiva.
- Ignis from FF XV on a Ratatouille world, I mean... we could be a Rat Sora, and be walking around the kitchen and one of the cooks is always saying "THATS IT! I'VE COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE", maybe he is a very good friend of Linguini and helps you out.
- Yuna from FF X on Moana world, there's some paralels here between moana's story and yuna's. Both leave their home to go save their people, so I believe there's some potential there foir a joint journey.
- Red XIII on Lion King world. This is pretty simple.
-Prompto could be someone that goes around worlds also (who knows how?) with photograph sidequests.

This of course would mean these characters would get redesigned to fit with each world's setting and more cartoony look. And I'm sure capable writers that know these characters better than I would find ways to fit FF characters into these worlds.

I also think the other way around should be possible, FF worlds with disney characters in them.

What I don't want is to see FF being neglected to mini games or something like that. I want them to have as much importance as disney characters that aren't Mickey, Donald or Goofy, and then keep the radiant garden gang important since they've been here for a while.

The more I think about this, the more I believe it would fix disney world retellings and no FF problem. Sad it will never happen :c

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I want to see them implemented in the disney worlds, like Cloud, Auron and Zack in Olympus, I don't understand why that's the only world where they're implemented.

I've only played a handfull of FF games, but I can think of some of the top of my head:
- Snow from FF XIII on Frozen world, because he also has abilities related to ice thanks to shiva and also wants to save someone close to him (like anna wanted to go save/look for elsa). Or maybe they flip things around, and Serah got frozen because of Elsa and he goes after her to get Serah back and he becomes a boss fight were you fight him and shiva.
- Ignis from FF XV on a Ratatouille world, I mean... we could be a Rat Sora, and be walking around the kitchen and one of the cooks is always saying "THATS IT! I'VE COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE", maybe he is a very good friend of Linguini and helps you out.
- Yuna from FF X on Moana world, there's some paralels here between moana's story and yuna's. Both leave their home to go save their people, so I believe there's some potential there foir a joint journey.
- Red XIII on Lion King world. This is pretty simple.
-Prompto could be someone that goes around worlds also (who knows how?) with photograph sidequests.

This of course would mean these characters would get redesigned to fit with each world's setting and more cartoony look. And I'm sure capable writers that know these characters better than I would find ways to fit FF characters into these worlds.

I also think the other way around should be possible, FF worlds with disney characters in them.

What I don't want is to see FF being neglected to mini games or something like that. I want them to have as much importance as disney characters that aren't Mickey, Donald or Goofy, and then keep the radiant garden gang important since they've been here for a while.

The more I think about this, the more I believe it would fix disney world retellings and no FF problem. Sad it will never happen :c

Yuna is already in KH, as a tiny fairy thing. Tidus too as a kid from the Islands.

XIII and XV are touchy subjects though…we’re definitely not going to see them if Nomura had anything to say about it; even if the higher-ups from SE make him do it, he can refuse since he has the protection of The Mouse. No one, and I mean no one, ever screws with The Mouse and his peeps.

That said, I want all the loose ends the Final Fantasy characters had before in the series to finally wrap the hell up! What happened with Cloud’s showdown, what Tifa actually is, Rinoa’s implied presence concerning Leon.

I would also like more Cids and Biggs and Wedges please.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why wouldn't he? Have you played KH2!Atlantica? He sings Little Mermaid showtunes.

How do you figure? Yuna LeBlanc is the one singing it in the opening sequence.
I meant it was a trio dance number - since the opening video focused on YRP.

I mean I guess Sora could dress up as Tidus, Goofy as Wakka, and Donald as Kimahri and perform Real Emotion. Maybe they can have every trio dress up as Final Fantasy characters and perform it?

I just think it would be cool for Final Fantasy songs to be used and references to past characters that will likely never be in KH (like my wish of Rydia).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I meant it was a trio dance number - since the opening video focused on YRP.

I mean I guess Sora could dress up as Tidus, Goofy as Wakka, and Donald as Kimahri and perform Real Emotion. Maybe they can have every trio dress up as Final Fantasy characters and perform it?

I just think it would be cool for Final Fantasy songs to be used and references to past characters that will likely never be in KH (like my wish of Rydia).

I don’t think you are remembering the opening of X-2 correctly. It wasn’t a trio of anything. The whole opening is one woman pretending to be Yuna while Paine and Rikku sabotage the one woman’s performance and then Yuna comes out with guns to shoot some bad guys.

Back