• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How I think they could handle the keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So recently I've been getting into the anime Bleach. One thing I noticed is, like the keyblade, the zonpakuto is sentient. I also noticed how, unlike the keyblade, the writers actually use this fact to expand on the lore and create a meaningful bond between sword and weilder. There is an actual personification of the weapon that interact with Ichigo, allowing him to grow as a fighter and as a person. The zonpakuto is alive.

The keyblade being sentient has been referenced, especially in KH1, but not much since then. It's been shown that the Keyblade chose Sora of its own will. I think it could have been and could be more meaningful if they had these interactions and discussions between weilder and blade like in Bleach. DDD could have made this a thing during training to be a master and learning to use the keyblades true power. To use its true power, the weilder must understand their own weapon as how it is different than other keyblades.

Just a thought. Is there a way you want to see the keyblade handled in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back