• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How I think the next game will incorporate Disney (and Kairi)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
This literally just popped into my head while I was making breakfast this morning so it isn't the most fully baked idea but hear me out.

A lot of people have been questioning how Disney properties are going to be represented in the series going forward, especially in one of the future teased titles of Riku heading off to Quadratum. A lot of us are assuming the game is going to be playing exclusively as a solo Riku game as he navigates this new...universe? But I realized that, potentially, the game won't be as completely one-sided as that. At the moment we still don't have any development on what the Foretellers are planning and their role in the upcoming conflict. I have a feeling that, in order to keep up tension, it would make sense to have a simultaneous look at Riku's attempts to find/save Sora as well as having a sense of urgency created by having the Foretellers make a move somehow.

If that is the case, it would make more sense to have the story being a little bit split between Riku doing stuff in Quadratum (with exclusively OC content) and a representative in the "KH universe" developing the Foreteller storyline, which could very likely be seeing the representative heading off to Disney worlds like they usually do. This would allow them to still "include Disney" in the game, while continuing to have an entire unreality universe of potentially non-Disney/FF/Square properties. Basically, Quadratum would become the new "hub world" for the game, but one exclusively visited and explored by Riku (so far).

Now, here's my other thought: I am assuming the representative going to Disney properties is going to be Kairi. Why did I think this? Well, there was a bit of a hanging plot-line in KH3 with the whole "new seven hearts". Kairi is one of them (and still is, as far as we know), but we only know of 3 others, leaving 3 still unaccounted for. What if, for whatever reason, Kairi has to try and use her own light/princess powers/whatever to try and figure out where the other new seven hearts are? Presumably Kairi would be able to tell if another princess had "the light" or not, right? She might be doing this because, in true KH fashion, the baddies are after the princesses. OR maybe the princess light is somehow necessary to rescue Sora, or Stella, or Yozora or any number of people. It's magical Disney princess light, it can do whatever it wants.

If this is the case, we would potentially see Donald and Goofy as companions for Kairi heading off to worlds like Moana, Brave, Princess and the Frog, heck maybe even a Frozen or Tangled revisit just to check in on Anna, Elsa and Rapunzel again while trying to find other princesses. Kairi finally off on her own adventure, and if collecting that light is ultimately going to help Sora or Riku it is obviously something she would be motivated to do.

While I know searching for the princesses could also be a joint venture, (I could certainly see Aqua heading off to Moana) the whole "Donald and Goofy as partners, traveling around to Disney worlds" role would presumably go to Kairi in Sora's absence. TAV never really had Disney "partners" for a significant time, and unless Donald and Goofy are going to be ignored for a while they need to have a replacement partner somewhere. Kairi lost both the other members of her trio so she is a perfect candidate.

So, yeah--I dunno if "find the princesses" is going to be another plot point, but if their light is needed now it would certainly make sense then for Kairi to be in charge of that front. It would be a way for the game to very easily include Disney, with significance to the plot, without even having to sacrifice whatever OC content they have planned for Quadratum because who knows if Disney even exists there. It would just require the game to be split across protagonists again, either DDD style or BBS style-- but if all the Disney is front-loaded on one character I assume a scripted flip back and forth makes way more sense than BBS style of playing one whole side first.

I don't know what I envision TAV and Axel would be up to, but maybe they would be off dealing with Ven's memories somehow. Or meeting up with Lauriam and trying to track down Girl X. Depending on how many playable characters they are going to give us (or how the level up system would work) we could potentially end up visiting quite a lot of Disney properties through those characters-- enough that the game will be a decent balance between OC and Disney.

Nomura did say he was planning on shaking the formula up for future games, so I assume there is going to be less emphasis on "visiting random Disney worlds" but I doubt they would cut the concept altogether.

Anyway, just felt like mentioning my thoughts since I feel like a game designed in this way might potentially make most people happy in terms of representation and fair share of character screen time.

Maybe I am just clinging to my desperate wish to have a Kairi and Riku game.

Opinions?

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I do believe that there is a possibility that in a future game we would play as Riku and a Disney representative in order to experience the plot going on in both worlds however in my opinion I don’t think it would be Kairi it would be someone else I personally think Ventus. The reason I think Ventus would be playable instead of Kairi is simply because of Union X since he is already connected to that era, in a future game we will mostly likely encounter the foretellers and possibly Luxu in Sora’s reality instead of Quadratum, however it sounds like that we will also have encounters with Subject X, Lauriam and Elrena according to how the plot seems to be going ( I’m assuming that if we encounter Demyx and Luxord it will be in Quadratum.) In my opinion the foretellers interactions with Ventus are probably going to be similar to the Organization interaction with Sora as the Foretellers are probably going to appear out of nowhere, say some stuff to Ventus then leave with the occasional battle happening. Ventus was close to Skuld so if she is Subject X it might affect her or Ventus’s memories in some way if they interact, In a interaction with Lauriam and Elrena it would most likely be them trying to kill Ventus and considering Ventus‘s messed up memories he is just going to be confused why they are so angry at him. As for why I don’t think it will be Kairi I just don’t see how her interactions with the Union X characters would actually help to move that part of the plot along.

Kairi getting to travel to other Disney worlds to find the other princesses so she can help Sora does sound like fun and I think it would be a good idea, but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen as Nomura does not seem to want to write, develop or even show any interest in her character, in my opinion the best we can hope for is her to be allowed to show up in cutscenes. Also I don’t believe that the Princesses of heart storyline is actually going to be important in the future, I think it was only used as a plot device in KH3 to motivate the guardians to find the other lights and an excuse to make certain Disney worlds appear, if it does get used in the future I think it will only be a reference to Kairi. Honestly i get the feeling that after KH3 Nomura doesn’t really want to make Disney an important plot point again because he doesn’t want to have Disney being so restrictive to his plot and if he has to make the princesses important again then he is definitely not going to have fun if he has to make a Frozen 2 world.

Unfortunately in terms of a Kairi game I think the best we are going to get is Melody of Memory. Although if we are able to somehow get another Kairi game, I think Kairi should get to team up with the different guardians of light, it would be awesome if she travelled with Aqua and Xion and also got a chance to work alongside other teams like Roxas and Axel.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting idea

The only part I'd change is instead of Donald and Goofy as Kairi's companions I'd pick Minnie and Daisy. I've wanted those two to form a trio with Kairi for years. Aside from them there is also Pluto the Dog who Kairi bonded with in KH2

horto12485

Awards
So Kairi just Exploring the Disney Princess Worlds (No Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Black Cauldron, Robin Hood, Brother Bear, Marvel/Star Wars, Zootopia, Wreck-it Ralph, Onward, Soul, Coco, A Bug's Life, Incredibles, Brave ETC)?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So Kairi just Exploring the Disney Princess Worlds (No Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Black Cauldron, Robin Hood, Brother Bear, Marvel/Star Wars, Zootopia, Wreck-it Ralph, Onward, Soul, Coco, A Bug's Life, Incredibles, Brave ETC)?

Well, for one we have no idea who the princesses would be. I did mention Brave as being a high princess possibility earlier, but as far as the other movies on your list who knows. I doubt she would ONLY be going to princess worlds. The idea would be that she is looking for them, but isn't guaranteed to strike gold every time. No reason why the Disney world list couldn't be padded out with other titles.

Quite a number of the disney worlds could be very interesting character development wise for her as well so they wouldn't just be filling time. After all, her journeying for the princesses could also be part of a "mastery" exam or training session set up by Aqua in which case non princess focused worlds would fit in under that context. If we were actively searching for princesses as part of Kairi's training, that would also allow the meta explanation as to why she would be starting at level 1 (since this series has always liked to give reasons for why their power level resets every time).

I didn't fully think it all though, really-- just thinking of ways that Disney would be relevant as a way to still progress the plot forward.

The only part I'd change is instead of Donald and Goofy as Kairi's companions I'd pick Minnie and Daisy.

That would be fun. We all know Queen Minnie kicks butt with that Holy move.

in my opinion I don’t think it would be Kairi it would be someone else I personally think Ventus.

Ven would also make sense, I can agree on that.

It is entirely possible that Kairi's training isn't going to just be done off screen and is instead going to push Kairi and Aqua TO the off-screen, leaving us fewer Keyblade heroes to choose from.

Personally I was under the assumption that Ven was going to be working with Namine somehow to try and unlock his past memories so he would be occupied with that but who knows how he is going to "remember" or when.

Back