• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How hard is the young Xehanort boss fight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I. Can't. Beat that guy! He's just so random, so I can't plan any sort of strategy. And he's just plain mean.
I think a knocked off a whole bar once, though.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'd have to say 14.

Ever since 4 years ago and up to this very day, I still can't beat him. He really doesn't give you much opening to attack him between his flurry of attacks. Combine that with the high-tier skills he begin to pull off later in the fight, such as Meteor, Tornado (which can blow all your commands away), Raging Blaze, and Mega Flare. And did I mention that he goes invisible for the last leg?

It does seem, though, that Surge commands are your best bet in beating him. I haven't tried it myself, but yes, Surges do give you nice frames of invincibility when executed. However, you have to immediately retreat afterwards, otherwise you'll be open to attack.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Luck plays a pretty big factor in this fight. He has no set pattern. He does everything randomly. Sometimes you'll fight him and he doesn't use that many of his high-tier commands. Then other times he'll overwhelm you with all of his toughest moves. And if you ever let him catch you with that move that some people like to call the "rape-rope" (it's actually his version of Collision Magnet) you're pretty much finished. There have been a few times where he spammed that move on me three times in a row. The Final Mix version made his Collision Magnet easier to dodge so I'm really looking forward to a rematch in 2.5 Remix.

This is a fight where speed is most important. I beat him with Ven first, then Aqua, then after a long long time and countless failures, I beat him with Terra. I'm not going to give you a bunch of tips and strategies on how to beat him but I will say this one thing. If you have any add-ons or upgrades to your dodge command such as thunder roll or fire wheel, swap it out for the good old-fashioned regular version. Of course be sure to level it up to max as well. The plain dodge commands are faster and give you a slightly longer window of invincibility that is crucial to staying alive. Other than that just take advice from TeamFourStar's Piccolo and DODGE!!!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wasn't there a vid showing a command style the MF can't block essentially allowing you to beat him much easier than the usual?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I hope they add in the US/EU version of him back in but for Critical mode only. At least that would serve as a warning

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I found two vids that might help ya. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it looks like it works.
[video=youtube;hsxFxJMKTzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_669261&feature=iv&src_vid=yPf_7n1Vf8k&v=hsxFxJMKTzs[/video]
[video=youtube;yPf_7n1Vf8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_616818&feature=iv&src_vid=hsxFxJMKTzs&v=yPf_7n1Vf8k[/video]

EDIT: So I tried it...

That guy was just a lucky ass. Though I did notice the fight feeling easier. Young Xehanort was still random, but I seemed to have more openings. I was even able to take down two health bars this time.

Last edited:

Narxus

My personal strategy was to stock oneself with normal dodge,thunder surges and curaga's. The trick is taking time to learn how to handle each of his individual attacks (this part will takes a few tries to figure out) and in the meantime, be aggressive as hell. It seems tempting to just dodge around until a pristine opening to attack, but it just gives yourself more chances to slip up. Also, forget about normal attacks, shotlocks, and d-links, they just slow you down and leave you open.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Whenever he uses that summon copies move it's best to hit them with a surge right away before they have a chance to spread out and surround you. Probably the hardest move to dodge is the spear orbs which he can use simultaneously with other attacks. If he uses that and the copies at the same time, you're pretty much done for.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Also, forget about normal attacks, shotlocks, and d-links, they just slow you down and leave you open.

Not only that, Young Xehanort also has a very effective counter in store for each of those.
If you try to use normal attacks, he destroys you with combo-counters of his swords.
With Shotlocks he uses Renewal barrier after the fourth hit and heals himself (if you even manage to target him for more than four shots anyways).
If you use a D-Link, he counters with turning invisible.

Whenever he uses that summon copies move it's best to hit them with a surge right away before they have a chance to spread out and surround you. Probably the hardest move to dodge is the spear orbs which he can use simultaneously with other attacks. If he uses that and the copies at the same time, you're pretty much done for.

After he lost half of his health he can use any of his moves in tandem if he wants to.
The worst combination is probably spear orbs and Raging Storm together.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Another thing that made this fight hard for me is that I'm often shocked and stunned in awe at what this guy is capable of. People who've never played the game or never tried fighting him will just tell you, "Oh I've seen people beat him without taking damage on Youtube" but there is no way they can understand the overwhelming difficulty of this fight. All of the strategy and preparation in the world isn't enough. As I've said before, luck is a huge factor.

des97

Awards
9/10 I'd say, only because I still can't defeat Sephiroth in KH1 (I haven't even tried a strategy actually), but YX really is a tough nut. I don't wanna repeat what the others have said, so let's go to the point. The best deck you wanna use is composed by 6 Thunder Surges and 2 Curagas (like in the posted video), I personally beat him in Proud mode with all the three characters (but I guess it's feasible even at the hardest difficulty). Your goal is to keep the fight as short as possibile, otherwise a long one may be frustrating and deconcentrate you. You basically have to spam the Surges and heal whenever he finishes the combo. Easier said than done, you would say. Yeah, you are right, but try hitting him after the "X" attack (the video surely helps) to deal more damage. Square and Triangle buttons for the win, lol.

Antar

Awards
I never fought him before but according to what everyone here is saying, I need to mentally prepare myself for KH 2.5.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
9/10 I'd say, only because I still can't defeat Sephiroth in KH1 (I haven't even tried a strategy actually),

What exactly are your problems with KH 1 Sephy?

I never fought him before but according to what everyone here is saying, I need to mentally prepare myself for KH 2.5.

Don't worry too much, within KH 2.5 included is Birth by Sleep Final Mix.
In that version, while still pretty difficult, Young Xehanort is nerfed compared to the original BBS and winning against him is at least a little less luck-based. ;)

des97

Awards
What exactly are your problems with KH 1 Sephy?
Well, I last fought him ages ago, so I couldn't really tell, but as I said, I didn't put that much effort, I've just tried a couple of times and surrendered without persevering. I know I'd better watch some walkthroughs/guides but I don't feel like doing it atm. I also haven't tried all the secret bosses of KH1 (exception made for the Ice Titan), nor Eraqus' Sentiment and No Heart as well.

Don't worry too much, within KH 2.5 included is Birth by Sleep Final Mix.
In that version, while still pretty difficult, Young Xehanort is nerfed compared to the original BBS and winning against him is at least a little less luck-based. ;)
I definitely agree, in the FM you can even dodge that laser attack (if you've faced him you know what I mean), making the fight way easier.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Scale of 1 to 11.... NOPE! I can beat Xemnas in 1.5 no problem with a maxed level Sora and Ultima, but 'Mysterious Figure' is next to impossible even with my level 100 Terra and Ends of the Earth TmT I just gave up after 10 losses in a row.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Scale of 1 to 11.... NOPE! I can beat Xemnas in 1.5 no problem with a maxed level Sora and Ultima, but 'Mysterious Figure' is next to impossible even with my level 100 Terra and Ends of the Earth TmT I just gave up after 10 losses in a row.

Only 10? That's nothing. This fight takes perseverance.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I can't play my PSP that long in one sitting. Eyes won't allow it even with my reading glasses on. One day though. I may go attempt it following the advice from this thread.

MyNameisAnsem

Thunder Surge. That move won the fight for me. Also, I heard (though I can't validate it) that the less abilities you have equipped, the less likely he is to use his Doom attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back