• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How hard is the Dustflier?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I have not played 358/2 days for anything and my friend told me I should give it a try. He then told me about how hard the Dustflier was, so he decided to give me his cartridge to see if I will go through hell.
Im fearing for my life right now, so tell me:
How hard is this boss?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Hard? Tedious is more like it. You can't even spawn it unless you fight 5 or 6 Heartless bosses in the same mission. Once you survive those tedious bosses and have exhausted your resources then the Dustflier appears.

Emperor

Once you get it's pattern down it's not really hard at all, just time consuming.

laddyboy12

There are more bosses than just the Dustflier that you need to worry about if you play Days. 358/2 is one of the more challenging games in the KH series; challenging and extremely tedious. However, it is totally worth playing if you are a KH fan. If you can get past the monotonousness of the game it's actually very rewarding. Definitely recommend a play through.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
There are more bosses than just the Dustflier that you need to worry about if you play Days. 358/2 is one of the more challenging games in the KH series; challenging and extremely tedious. However, it is totally worth playing if you are a KH fan. If you can get past the monotonousness of the game it's actually very rewarding. Definitely recommend a play through.

VINCE-GILL.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Dustflier takes everything that pisses everyone off about the bosses in Days up to eleven. If I recall, it has a TON of health, inflicts quite a few of those BS stat problems, and if you get caught in the middle of its worst attacks, you're going down. It's also annoying to chase back and forth.

And like all the Days bosses, defeating it is a matter of studying its patterns, dodging a lot, and being really, really persistent.

berrybob

Awards
I think the bosses in Days are weakier than the ones from Kingdom Hearts 1. Jafar not only throws magic at you, but Genie also battles against you. Okay... You have two friends to help you. But the bosses´ HP are a lot higher and Sora can´t use Aerial Combos against grounded enemies, and Aerial Combos are faster than the Ground ones. This means Dustflier isn´t that easy because we are skilled in Days; some of us experienced other harder bosses around other KH games. That´s why Dustflier is just the patience of depleting his HP. But if it´s your first KH, it will be hard.

Hirokey123

Awards
Days bosses are neat because they are pretty much all skill. If you know what you're doing you can blow through them extremely quickly as they all have many tricks and/or weaknesses designed to let them be blasted through, mostly in part because near all of them have an optional bonus mission you can take where you need to beat them on a right tight time limit. On the reverse hand if you don't play the battles well the game has no qualms in punishing you by making your battles tedious and drawn out. The game is sink or swim an apt metaphor for Roxas's entire life really.

Dustflier is unfortunately none of these things and the only boss I'd say is really questionably designed. Like it does deal immense damage but the hits are slow so it's pretty easy to avoid so that's not bat. The thing that makes it poorly designed is its insane defensive stats coupled with rather large HP. If you don't use attacks that ignore its defense this battle will be one of attrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back