• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How far are you in the game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Aurora Lark

Awards
Since its been about a week since KH3 finally came out I was wondering how far peole have got through the game and whether yall like it.Wouldn't be surprised if some of you are done already :) Please no spoilers since Im stell in the middle of the Tangled world I believe. But I am LOVING IT and I hope every one of you is too!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Finished it already. Just going through and doing all of the post-game stuff, minigames, and treasure/lucky emblem hunting.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Finished it on Friday. Proud mode

In terms of post-game stuff I've already found all the emblems, got the high score for the flans, and treasures on Frozen slider.

Working on the other stuff to get Ultima Weapon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Finished it yesterday. Was gonna try to get Ultima, but I'm gonna replay the game in Proud, and I may alternate between that file and the older one.

Aurora Lark

Awards
Oh wow did you play it on Proud Oracle Spockanort? Those emblems are tricky to find for me I usually only find one when they say theres one around the area. And treasures have been tough too since the wotlds are so much bigger then Im used too

Aurora Lark

Awards
I am enjoying the little jokes so far they have of the game kind of being aware of itself! Do you guys like that?

shady543

Awards
I'm still only in Frozen lol. But after this world I also need to do heaps of backtracking so I can't see myself finishing this until late Feb or early March, especially since there is also something else I'm trying to get through at the same time.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thorf

I finished it in Japanese back on the 31st, with 55 hours played. Now I'm just starting Monstropolis in the English version, about 25 hours because I've been completing absolutely everything I can as I go this time.

I've been loving it, still am. Playing with my kids, who are big fans now too. My family is bilingual. Personally I love the Square characters' voices in both languages, although I have particular favourites in each - Xemnas has a sort of villainous drawl that is different and yet has the same effect in both languages; Japanese Sora is a little too whiny for my tastes, but Riku is great; Roxas/Ventus has such an endearing voice in English, although his Japanese voice isn't bad; Aqua's Japanese is unremarkable but her English is amazing, with such pathos; and so on.

But the Disney voices are without a doubt better in English. After all, it's the native language of the movies, and with a few exceptions they tend to lose a bit in translation. I tend to prefer things in their native language, although this game makes that concept a bit wonky.

Amusingly, Donald seems the same voice regardless of language!

I guess perhaps I'm in a minority because I love the weird, convoluted story. I've always viewed the Disney worlds as fun diversions between the real plot, mostly without much meaning. In that respect, the worlds this time seem to be a bit better than in previous games.

Really, Kingdom Hearts has always been a mixed bag of fun stuff to play with, including a little of everything, all bound together with a traditional Square story made up of increasing layers of complexity. It would be fair to say that the things that others complain about are the very things that attract me to the series.

horto12485

Awards
Finished the Story and now i'm on the Post Game (Lucky Emblem/Treasure Chest Hunting, Gummi Ship (How to get Omega to appear for the Orichalchum+), Cooking with Little Chef (Trying to find all the Ingredients), Mini Games, Flans, Classic Kingdom and Battlegates and trying to figure out how to get to Level 99

Aurora Lark

Awards
Wow! All of you are done. That's amazing :) I wish I could play faster but Im slow as hell at game and have to deal with colege and HW and stuff Kudos to y'all

Thorf thats awsome you play with your kids. How old are they?

Thorf

Wow! All of you are done. That's amazing :) I wish I could play faster but Im slow as hell at game and have to deal with colege and HW and stuff Kudos to y'all

Given the thirteen year wait, I would have been happy to take it much slower. But the threat of spoilers was so huge that I didn't want to risk it. Still, I'm savouring the second play through instead.

Thorf thats awsome you play with your kids. How old are they?

8, 6, and 2. Which means that between KHII and III, I got married and had three kids with my wife. Currently my 6-year-old is up to Corona in her play through on Beginner. Her favourite character is Kairi.

We've had a bit of a whirlwind the past couple of months, actually, as since Christmas we've played through KH, KHII, Birth by Sleep (all three characters) and then Dream Drop Distance, as well as watching all the movies. I didn't think it would be fair for my kids to suddenly jump to KHIII, after all.

yozora

Just finished the game and i gotta say i was pretty pumped throughout the whole game.

Phantom

Finished it on Tuesday. Took little over a week. Going to focus on the Battle Gates now.

LostArtist

Awards
finished about exactly a day ago.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have my disappointments but overall I love it!
I'm in olympus now again trying to 100% chests and emblems/other stuff I missed.
I had the map turned off the entire game and I turned it on real quick just to turn it off again, I want to keep this exploration feeling vast!

Side note/mild early world gameplay spoiler, I love that they changed olympus a bit with the town being rebuilt, and there are people at the town now/new dialouge from herc etc. It really feels like time has passed!

Londonbridge115

I’m in the middle of Pirates of the Caribbean. I don’t see myself finishing the game until the end of the month or early next month due to other life duties :(

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Those emblems are tricky to find for me I usually only find one when they say theres one around the area. And treasures have been tough too since the wotlds are so much bigger then Im used too
If you'd like, there are guides online for where to find both treasures chests and Lucky Emblems. Very good guides.

finished about exactly a day ago.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have my disappointments but overall I love it!
I'm in olympus now again trying to 100% chests and emblems/other stuff I missed.
I had the map turned off the entire game and I turned it on real quick just to turn it off again, I want to keep this exploration feeling vast!

Side note/mild early world gameplay spoiler, I love that they changed olympus a bit with the town being rebuilt, and there are people at the town now/new dialouge from herc etc. It really feels like time has passed!
Wow! I didn't know you could get a different artwork depending on the difficulty you finished the game! :eek:

Busted Amp

Awards
Like a few others in the thread I'm currently in the post game grinding for the Ultima Weapon. I'm struggling hard though with finding the treasures in the mini game and finding the flans.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I was in the process of getting the platinum, before accidentally crafting an item twice for which the materials are limited. Now I'm scared of going on only to possibly find that this might lock me out of the synthesis trophy. Googling promised that it's not the case, but nowhere did I find any help on how to "undo" my mistake or find spares of said material.
A bit frustrating, tbh.

Aurora Lark

Awards
Thats cool Thorf! If/When I have kids Ill definetly introduce them to KH and see how they like it because its so meaningfull to me Id like to share it with em. Im glad your kids like it! Good for em/you :)

Back