• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Emotional Could This Game Be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImVentus

Awards
Just something Ive been thinking about for a while.

What kind of tone is the game aiming for?

I honestly feel confident to say that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a balanced game. That will feature some really powerful and emotional moments but also try to keep the spirit of Kingdom Hearts 1, being still innocent & a little silly here and there. I don't think it's gonna be all gloomy and depressing it's most likely gonna shine for balancing both light and dark with it's story and overall tone.

But while I say that it can be emotional and compared to some already heartbreaking memories from past games this time around maybe the emotional impact will feel more natural and less forced (Don't get me wrong there have been many moments in KH that feel real and natural but there's always been a mix of both)

No matter what it's still gonna be an emotional experience.

But what are your thoughts?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
vPD5S87.gif

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's gonna be melodramatic. But that's what I look for in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The 15+ year investment into the series alone guarantees many of us will be made weak by the dearly beloved alone.

sephydark

Awards
Well, emotional moments don't have to be sad. For example, the BBS trio reuniting ought to be pretty happy, but I think a lot of fans will be moved to tears by it. Same with a lot of other things: a favorite character who had met a terrible fate being saved, everyone really winning in the end, those sorts of things. And probably there will be some sad moments, but overall I'm expecting a lot of pulling out positive endings to stories that were tragic so far, since this is the end of the Xehanort saga and that's just the sort of series Kingdom Hearts is.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The 15+ year investment into the series alone guarantees many of us will be made weak by the dearly beloved alone.

The fact that I'm pursuing PhD when I started this series when I was in grade school messes me up. I'm ready to be transported right back to my childhood.

ImVentus

Awards
@sephydark

You're absolutely right about that. Emotional is infinitive and showcases many sides.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There'll be crying, laughter, raging, terror, disgust and that's just in the Inside World! ;)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

This. I'll probably be crying already when I finally get the game into my hands. And then DB. And then when I get to play as Sora again. Then after that most likely every 10 minutes if my calculations add up. And then when I finish the game at least for a week.

Endgame has always been the strongest point in all KH games, even the ones that felt a bit underwhelming to me storywise (BBS, Coded) really got me in the end, so I'm expecting the same here. If the old problem of mid-game being nothing but useless filler will be fixed for KH3 though then even better.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There will be laughs.
There will be tears.
There will be anger.
There will more tears.
There will be joy.
There will be even more tears.
There will be Xehanort.

Is Xehanort an emotion?

I'll be one of those people. XD

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Probably the most emotional stuff in the series.You can't have all these important/fan favorites all in one game and not have it be the most emotional.

Just thinking about all the possible interactions with everyone is enough to make some people super emotional.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think, to the series in general, it will be emotional, just not to me specifically. I never cared about the "hurt" in the series prior, so it probably won't sway me all that much. I don't know, I just feel like I'm being told that I should feel horrible for some of these characters. Like, with Roxas and Namine for example: they were at peace at the end of Kingdom Hearts II, why are we still dragging along the "hurt" plot with those two? I thought Square originally planned to have that resolved by the end of Kingdom Hearts II?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Unless 3 has a chapter dedicated to the seasalt trio I don't think it'll be the most emotional to me. I have no investment in anyone besides RAX and Riku so the chances are low for me.

Jgray123487

Awards
Will it be emotional?....... you will see a 30 year old (me) man cry when I get to the title screen and hear the first song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back