• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does your online persona compare to yourself in real life?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I'm pretty sure the title explains it all, but anyways.

How are you different online than you are in person?
I know that some people are assholes online while they can be timid as a mouse in person.
Others though can have the benefit of being assholes no matter where they are. xD

Do you act any different online or are you the same?
If so, how?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
In real life, I'm almost always joking around, whereas I'm dead serious online. It's pretty weird, since you'd think it'd be the other way around for most people.

I'm pretty sure the title explains it all, but anyways.

How are you different online than you are in person?
I know that some people are assholes online while they can be timid as a mouse in person.
Others though can have the benefit of being assholes no matter where they are. xD

Do you act any different online or are you the same?
If so, how?

I try to replicate myself as much as possible, due to the simple fact that if I'm going to make friends online, I'd want them to know the "real" me. Or if they want to be my friends, they like me for who I really am.

That being said, the internet gives you the ability to be who ever you want to be in a certain sense.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Well, I'm pretty much the same, except I tend to be more short-tempered IRL. I guess I'm happier online because this is where I go to get away from my family and random things in my life that are bothering me.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, I'm basically more open when I type online (the anonymity of the net is a beautiful thing, lol).

Cissy

Bronze Member
In real life, I'm quiet and shy. I only talk to a close group of friends.

Compared to my ONLINE persona, in which I'm sarcastic, bold, and a misc. number of other things, they are very different.

But, usually, the way I talk online is the same way I think in my head. So..I'm different, yet exactly the same at the same time.

Umm..I guess I'm saying that in public, I'm different from here, but with my friends, I act just like this. xD

Awards

That's not me. I'm every bit as aggressive, disturbing and threatening in real life as I am online, although my personality developed online before it manifested itself in my everyday behavior.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In real life, I'm horribly timid/shy and rarely say a word to anyone.

Online, however, I don't shut up. D: I'm still a shy sometimes and don't talk to people, though. I'm also more hyper and childish online than I am in real life. I'm seriously hyper a lot in real life, though. xD;

Sometimes I type differently than I would talk in real life.

And I don't swear nearly as much in real life, except for at lunch at school. Once, and I counted this, I said bullshit 50 times at lunch.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
It depends on where, for instance I can be brutally honest yet nice to some here but on the other forum I go to and any other online community I am very nice and loving to newbs. I've already adopted 2 of them :3

Still in RL it doesn't contrast greatly, like on here if you know me well enough my mood fluctuates just like online, I am moody.

Though I can be very sweet and romantic <3, generally you can view me on a hand full of my posts, my demeanor changes depending on my mood but I am on average a smartass yet lovable :3 It takes time to know me but you'll see (I haven't been here that long either XD).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm more annoying in real life. I talk too much. I'm loud. I laugh too much. I say stupid things.

Not like I'm not like that online. It's just more so in real life. I wish I was more timid. =/
Well, I guess I am in front of people who are complete strangers.

In real life, I'm horribly timid/shy and rarely say a word to anyone.

Online, however, I don't shut up. D: I'm still a shy sometimes and don't talk to people, though. I'm also more hyper and childish online than I am in real life. I'm seriously hyper a lot in real life, though. xD;

With a personality as awesome and beautiful as yours, I bet you'd get all the boys! :3

Sam said:
That's not me. I'm every bit as aggressive, disturbing and threatening in real life as I am online, although my personality developed online before it manifested itself in my everyday behavior.

This is why you turn me on. xD

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I'm more annoying in real life. I talk too much. I'm loud. I laugh too much. I say stupid things.

Not like I'm not like that online. It's just more so in real life. I wish I was more timid. =/
Well, I guess I am in front of people who are complete strangers.

I personally find that cute <3
Don't hate your personality ^^

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I try to replicate myself as much as possible, due to the simple fact that if I'm going to make friends online, I'd want them to know the "real" me. Or if they want to be my friends, they like me for who I really am.

I wish I could say the same. But I prefer by AsYrsGoBy persona (I use this for like all Screenames and accounts) to my real life one.

With a few of my friends, I act like I do online.
But I act so differently depending on the person, really.

Which is why I hate hanging out with multiple people cause I'm never sure how to act.
=\

Though I can be very sweet and romantic <3, generally you can view me on a hand full of my posts, my demeanor changes depending on my mood but I am on average a smartass yet lovable :3 It takes time to know me but you'll see (I haven't been here that long either XD).
Lovable is pushing it too far.
Very far.xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back