• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does Vanitas really fit?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saix-insanefan

Okay, so from watching part of the Japanese playthrough I have learned two things that are very possible:

1) Terra and Master Xehanort do abttle and ultimately, Xehanort enters Terra's body and takes over it. 9 to 10 years later, somehow, we see Xehanort Ansem's apprentice, who becomes a Heartless, thus creating a Nobody too. So basically Xemnas is Terra's Nobody? Quite possible, maybe even the truth.

2) Ven was found or brought to Destiny Islands by Master Xehanort. Then, for some reason, somehow, Sora had absorbed him and when Sora became a Heartless, his Nobody Roxas was born that's why Roxas seems to have a heart and emotions... because he is Ven.

But after all this thinking, I know that I am missing a few details, I know that. But I really don't see how Vanitas is connected to Ventus or even Sora for that matter. I do know that Vanitas did enter Ventus's body, but for what purpose? What do you think?

Last edited:

Athel

Machinist
Move to spoilers.

1. Yes, ASoD is Terra's Heartless and Xemnas is his Nobody. It's debatable which one of them was in control, however, Terra or MX. And, also, Ansem's experiments on the heart happened long before KH1, and thus ASoD was formed before as well.

2. Essentially, yes.

3. Vanitas is the darkness of Ven's heart. MX's true goal was to gain what the Keyblade Wars were fought over; the X-Blade, the strongest Keyblade, capable of opening Kingdom Hearts. To create an X-Blade, someone needs to have a heart of equal amounts of light and darkness. MX took on Ven as his apprentice because he had the potential, but was too gentle. So he used his powers as a Master to split Ven's heart into two, one light (Ven) and one darkness (Vanitas). But Ven's heart was too fractured by the process. So, when brought to DI, he asked Sora if he could borrow some of his darkness. Because of Sora's darkness balancing Ven, some of that darkness leaked into Vanitas and gave him Sora's face.

Later, in the Keyblade Graveyard, Vanitas entered Ven's heart, creating a cross of light and darkness and giving birth to the X-Blade. They then had a mental battle (eerily similar to Sora's and Roxas'), where Ven was the victor. Happening at the same time that Aqua was fighting Vanitas-controlled Ven. The X-Blade was destroyed, Vanitas became one with Ven's heart and Ven became one with Sora.

saix-insanefan

Move to spoilers.

1. Yes, ASoD is Terra's Heartless and Xemnas is his Nobody. It's debatable which one of them was in control, however, Terra or MX. And, also, Ansem's experiments on the heart happened long before KH1, and thus ASoD was formed before as well.

2. Essentially, yes.

3. Vanitas is the darkness of Ven's heart. MX's true goal was to gain what the Keyblade Wars were fought over; the X-Blade, the strongest Keyblade, capable of opening Kingdom Hearts. To create an X-Blade, someone needs to have a heart of equal amounts of light and darkness. MX took on Ven as his apprentice because he had the potential, but was too gentle. So he used his powers as a Master to split Ven's heart into two, one light (Ven) and one darkness (Vanitas). But Ven's heart was too fractured by the process. So, when brought to DI, he asked Sora if he could borrow some of his darkness. Because of Sora's darkness balancing Ven, some of that darkness leaked into Vanitas and gave him Sora's face.

Later, in the Keyblade Graveyard, Vanitas entered Ven's heart, creating a cross of light and darkness and giving birth to the X-Blade. They then had a mental battle (eerily similar to Sora's and Roxas'), where Ven was the victor. Happening at the same time that Aqua was fighting Vanitas-controlled Ven. The X-Blade was destroyed, Vanitas became one with Ven's heart and Ven became one with Sora.

Thanks for clearing that up. It makes a lot more sense now.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
What Athel said and you should watch where you post threads, especially if they have spoilers

kaialone

when Sora became a Heartless, his Nobody Roxas was born that's why Roxas seems to have a heart and emotions... because he is Ven.
That wasnt confirmed yet.I know its most likely but we should wait till its confirmed before we spread rumors all over the internet.Its Diz=Ansem´s shell alll over again(ths was a popular rumor before KHII´s release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back