• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Does Mickey Talk to Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxinuld

Awards
During the beginning of KH1, a mysterious voice talks to Sora. Out of universe, we know it's Mickey, but that only raises the question: How and why would Mickey reach out to Sora?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mickey also contacts and talks with Riku during the ending of the first game and all of CoM, so the "how" is probably just a power he has (oddly enough, a power that Master Xehanort also uses with Terra).
Then again it's a power that Mickey never uses again, and in KH II he had to ask around for people to deliver Sora messages. I can think of a couple of explanations:

1) Somehow Mickey's "telepathy" only works when he's in the Realm of Darkness
2) Ansem's Heartless destroyed the borders between worlds, making all kinds of communication (telepathy, gummiship) easier (I think we can assume Castle Oblivion was just a special world in the Realm Between)
3) They nerfed his powers in future games to allow things to happen

About the "why"... I think he was probably following the Keyblade: he was already aware that a new Keyblade wielder was being born in that world. And maybe at the point of Sora's dream Riku was already lost as a candidate (otherwise why would Sora have that dream in the first place).
Another explanation might be that Sora was just able to attract hearts. He walks on the stained glasses of the Disney Princesses, and the stained glass usually represents that person's heart, meaning even the Princesses' hearts might've been involved in the dream.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As so many things in the series I would attribute this one to heart connections and stuff.
Mickey's a Keyblade Master and he does state to Riku eventually that he was trying to reach him for quite a while, so if I had to take a guess I'd say that Keyblade Masters can feel/see when a new Keyblade is awakened and thus can try to locate the heart it belongs to and make contact via "heart-to-heart".

As Darkos already mentioned, Master Xehanort does a similar thing with Terra in BBS and when we stay in BBS we also have the instance of Aqua sensing that Terra bestowed the power to one day wield a Keyblade to Riku without any outside indicator.

in BBS 0.2, Aqua and Terra are also somehow communicating via heart-to-heart for a while so this seems to be a general ability hearts which are capable of wielding seem to have.

ebenbork

Awards
I thought it was Vens voice? Or did I make that up. Cuz I remember ven speaking to sora in his heart before so it was agreed upon Vens voice

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
mickey is in the hearts of all children, which just made things really convenient for plot.

tlemmens10

So, Mickey is talking to Sora and Riku to guide them. My question is...Why didn't he communicate in that way with Donald and Goofy? I mean, why use that power only to talk to a keyblade wielder, but not to his best friends? Let alone, why did he never contact Minnie that way, just to let her know he was safe.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
He couldn't. He left them a letter, and he kinda stops contacting even Sora that way, meaning he probably couldn't anymore.
Even with Riku, he says stuff like "I couldn't reach you before".
His "telepathy" probably only works in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back