• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does emulators/ROMs work?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

canito_q

Hey, I want to play KH 358/2 Days as dast as possible so I have been downloading some emulators and ROMs, but I don't get how they work, the tutorials at youtube are really shitty, so please help.
Also, any recommended Emulator that works faster/better?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
ROMs are the game files that are essentially ripped straight from the cartridge, minus anti-piracy stuff and whatnot.
Emulators are programs that mimic NDS's so as to play the NDS ROMs.

Most ROM's can just be directly opened with or drag-and-dropped over an emulator it can run, but sometimes you need to set up specific folders to store game and save files. I've frankly never been too successful at ROMs and emulators for the DS, but that's as much as I know.

canito_q

∞;4014274 said:
ROMs are the game files that are essentially ripped straight from the cartridge, minus anti-piracy stuff and whatnot.
Emulators are programs that mimic NDS's so as to play the NDS ROMs.
I'm not that much of a newbie xD

Most ROM's can just be directly opened with or drag-and-dropped over an emulator it can run, but sometimes you need to set up specific folders to store game and save files. I've frankly never been too successful at ROMs and emulators for the DS, but that's as much as I know.

Ok, thanks

EDIT: ......please more answers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back