• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you pronounce Lea (formerly Axel)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

I have not actually seen the scenes with full audio where his name was pronounced. All the scenes I have seen him in with audio were when he was still Axel, which I got memorized...

My daughter looked up at me the other day after writing her name and said "Got it memorized?"

Anytime she is crying or pitching a fit I tell her "Our ship runs on happy faces."

Anyway, thanks in advance...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: How do you pronouse Lea (formerly Axel)

It's the same way you pronounce Lee. Or, if you're familiar with the word "lea", which is the synonym of "meadow", it's exactly the same.

Lea's name was said in Days by Saix, as well as by himself at least twice in DDD (when he interrupted Maleficent, and later when he came to Sora's rescue). Goofy also said it in the secret ending of the same game.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=youtube;kfxGd8T2HJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfxGd8T2HJM[/video]

3:20

blksabbath74

It's the same way you pronounce Lee. Or, if you're familiar with the word "lea", which is the synonym of "meadow", it's exactly the same.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. That's how I have been pronouncing it. Actually, I mostly still call him Axel.

I just had this lingering fear they were going to be pronouncing it LEE-uh, like the girls name. Those fears are now assuaged.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

In the Japanese version the pronunciation is closet to lee uh but yeah, lee.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Mind, most names in Japanese are unisex or can be used more interchangeably than in English. "Lea" (Leh-ah) isn't strictly Japanese, but it might not be seen as a "girl's name" as they had no problem pronouncing it at way. It's the west that's sees Leh-ah as being a girls name which is why they changed it so that "Lea" is pronounced like "tea".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back