• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you feel about this gen's games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
When you compare this gen's games (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3) to the last gen's games (Gamecube, Xbox, PS2), how does that make you feel? I mean, would you say last gen's games were better? Would you say this gen's games are better? Do you feel that gameplay improved along with graphics or is this gen's games more about eye candy than having fun?

I don't like the games of this gen as much as I liked last gen, but it's still good nontheless. One thing I have noticed about this gen is a lot of very hyped games have turned out to be horrible or garbage according to reviews. An example of this would be Haze.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I think some of last generation's games were really good titles, but I like this generation better.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Personally, I think this generation has had some of the best and worst in gaming's history. Titles like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Demon's Souls and more have been a pleasure to witness and play, but we've also seen the en masse emergence of the casual gamer, and the semi-casual gamer that is the 12 year old who plays nothing but Halo and CoD.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I feel like this generation is mostly dominated in the west by shooters. Not that I hate shooters, I just feel like I can't hold a discussion with many of my friends anymore about how 'awesome' a game was like Sly Cooper or hanging out with them to yell at the TV when we kept losing ON THAT ONE FLUFFING MISSION.

Now it's like:
HAHA YO MAN YOU SEE THAT FUCKIN SNIPE LAST NIGHT
..Yeah.
YEAH MAN THAT WAS SWEET YO.
Hey, wanna come play Street Fighter at my house or something?
FUCK NAW. JUST MEET UP ON BLACK OPS TONIGHT.

They're not that annoying and we play shit like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite sometimes, but man does it get annoying when all they wanna do is mindlessly shoot on COD for like 6 hours.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
To be fair, for a 'realistic' modern shooter, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was very good.

D

Dexter

Disagree...COMPLETELY. I am a HUGE sony fan. Some of my favorite ps1 games were Legends of Dragoon, and Medievil. Ps2 some great classics as well. Sly, JaK, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill 4, Resident Evil 4. Just some GREAT, and really CLASSIC games of that era.

This generation, in my opinion, is the more mature generation. Mature in the sense that games have turned more cinematic, and more story driven than before. Before a game simply had to be fun, with great characters, or simply a great atmosphere. Sly Cooper is a great example of that.

But this generation (and mind you, Sony plans the ps3 to last till 2016, so don't plan any next gen consoles for a GOOD 4-6 years) has brought MANY classics, and some truly great cinematic games..Here's my list;

Infamous
Uncharted 2 (one of the best Playstation games of all time if you ask me)
Demon Souls
MGS 4
Bayonetta
Gears of War
Bioshock (the best game I've played in my 27 years of gaming)
Mario Galaxy
Mass Effect
Mirrors Edge
Dead Space
Assassins Creed
Portal
Dead Rising
Batman: Arkham Asylum (one of the best batman games of all time)
Super Street Fighter 4
GTA 4
God of War 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Blue Dragon
Braid
Killzone 2
Fallout 3
Alan Wake
Vanquished
Heavy Rain
No More Hero's
Madworld
Condemend
Stalker
Left 4 Dead
Crackdown
Motorstorm
Modern Warfare
Fable 2
Lord of Shadows
Resistance Series
Little Big Planet
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo: Reach
Red Dead Redemption
Dragon Age
The Witcher
Starcraft 2
Crysis
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Borderlands
Gran Turismo 5

Many games. Only 2010. 6 years of gaming left...trust me it'll be good.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Well games from the last gen were WAY more memorable than games from this gen.

Games like:
Super Mario 64
007 games
Medal of Honor
Zelda
GTA
Harry Potter(the games from the PS1 and the first 3 from the PS2)
Super Mario bros 1 and 3
Super Mario world
Mario Kart
Super smash bros
Kingdom Hearts1&2

These games were the games that I will never forget. Had so much fun with all of those titles. Games from this gen weren't that memorable for me than all of these. It's all about the nostalgia for me.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I feel that last generation is better than this one.
It has just become a mass of FPS's, and now motion control (which seems to be going nowhere).
Sure, there are some really great titles, like Dexter pointed out.
But that list doesn't compare to the titles that the PS2, Xbox, and GC brought us.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I feel that last generation is better than this one.
It has just become a mass of FPS's, and now motion control (which seems to be going nowhere).

And don't forget about 3D. And yeah, I agree with you. FPS's are really dominating the game industry right now. Every time a COD game comes out everyone goes berserk. There are games better than COD, but people who just play shooters don't seem to notice.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Well games from the last gen were WAY more memorable than games from this gen.

Games like:
Super Mario 64
007 games
Medal of Honor
Zelda
GTA
Harry Potter(the games from the PS1 and the first 3 from the PS2)
Super Mario bros 1 and 3
Super Mario world
Mario Kart
Super smash bros
Kingdom Hearts1&2

These games were the games that I will never forget. Had so much fun with all of those titles. Games from this gen weren't that memorable for me than all of these. It's all about the nostalgia for me.

hey bud not to burst your bubble but KH and N64 games aren't the same gen

D

Dexter

wow you are retarded

Wow, awesome. Please don't use the word retarded, it's actually offensive to some. Believe it or not.

What I meant is that this generation is more mature than last year's.

For the ps2, the hits, the classics were Sly, Jak, Ratchet, Spyro, Ico. They are all E+ games

Xbox had Blinx, Voodo Vince, and other such platformers. Games were more colorful, and less dark and brooding.

Now games are more mature like Heavy Rain, they deal with heavier themes (ala Bioshock).

That's what I meant.

Btw next time you could give your reasons, instead of acting like a 4 year old and say "wow, your retarded. Dur, Dur, Dur."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back