• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How do you deal with failure?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
This is a bit awkward, considering my big headedness, but I do need a little consoling.

Recently in my high school, tryouts for the Tri-Music Honors Society have come. Being a member of the Chamber Honors Orchestra, I wanted to see if I could shoot my talent with the viola farther, to see if I could go somewhere with it.

However, i was rejected.

Just knowing the fact that i failed kinda makes me feel bad, mostly because I had tried so hard and put so much effort into the tryouts. I mean, yeah I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I had to try right?

I deal with failure like this: I cry a bit (depending on how important it was) and stay a little depressed for the next few days. Not the way to deal with things, but that's how I deal with it. My friends tell me that I'm still acting depressed and I get touchy whenever the Tri-M tryouts are mentioned.

This happened on Friday--should I be over it by now?

Rix

:)
Awards
I can be like that too in similiar situations. Don't worry. It's perfectly normal to be a little sad for a while, but you will eventually get over it and move on :)

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Failure is only a sign that there is more room for improvement in your abilities, and that a greater effort is neccessary to achieve your goals.
When I fail to succeed, I analyze the issue, see where it is that I faltered, and focus on improving in that catagory for the next time an opportunity rolls around.
I wouldn't beat myself up over this; just work on improving your music and by next year I'm positive that you'll put on a better performance.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, how many people actually try out for the gig?

And hey, it's not like you can't try out for something else down the road. It's just one setback, but don't let it get ya down.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Drink myself into a stupor in which when you awake you would have forgotten all bout it.

Or you could just try and improve.
You'll get over it eventually.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Eh you gave it your all, life is full of failures and accomplishments. This might upset you now but in the long run it's just a small inconsistency. Considering that you actually tried is better then not trying at all; be proud of both your failures and triumphs.

And personally I would be over it, however that's just me, you can take as much time as you need to do so.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Failure is only a sign that there is more room for improvement in your abilities, and that a greater effort is neccessary to achieve your goals.
^This

Just means that if you want to really be better that you will work harder so next time your goal will not slip out of your hands again.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Take time to think and remember there are other chances to do better and well. Not to mention you could try and work on improving your skills. Try to get over it and see what you could do better instead of bawling about why you failed. Life can't go on now if you cry about it for too long. So yes, you should get over it. Hey, just giving you my advice and don't forget: You still have alot of your life to look forward to. So maybe there might be some other kind of chance or something your willing to try for and do better. Just don't give up and keep on going, despite the rejections and failure!

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
And post slutty pictures on crappy offbrand Myspace type sites, like Tagged. (and add me, while you're at it)

Really, just start practicing whatever the next audition piece will be earlier, and hope for the best. Coming from another band person.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Much appreciated.

And I'm going for something higher now. (it was out of like 100 people, btw--two spots were open)

Wish me luck~!

watermage9

When I fail at something I feel down about myself and wonder why I couldn't accomplish what I wanted or had to do? I judge myself and how others judge me which is a huge mistakse. Then after that, I become stubborn and keep trying until I actually beat what ever had me beaten.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
i get heaps shitty with everyone. blame everyone else for my mistakes, cry a bit. get even more shitty at people who are trying to fix my problem. then after a couple of days i get over it by pasting a smile on. and not tellin anyone the reasons i was so upset until i can pass it off as irrelevant

D

Deleted member 74488

Try doing what I do; Go into your room and hardly eat anything.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
i get heaps shitty with everyone. blame everyone else for my mistakes, cry a bit. get even more shitty at people who are trying to fix my problem. then after a couple of days i get over it by pasting a smile on. and not tellin anyone the reasons i was so upset until i can pass it off as irrelevant

Try doing what I do; Go into your room and hardly eat anything.

A winning combination

C

coolfresh1224

i think faliure is good because it makes victory that much sweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back