• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you calculate resistance percentage for equipped armor in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cheizes

I am trying to figure out how KH calculates the percentage of magic resistance when you equip armor to a character.

Sora

• I was expecting his resistance to be at 70% but it stopped at 58%.
  • I thought there might have been a cap but a Google search shows that the cap for KH3 is 68%.
  • I also saw someone state that the resistance stacks but does not add. However the poster did not mention how.
Donald

• Here both should add up to 35%. It appears that the resistance is 3% less. I noticed the same thing with Goofy.
  • I thought that the percentage might be calculated differently if they are from the same item set (i.e. Cosmic armor)but couldn't find a pattern.
  • I re-equipped Donald with Acrisius and Petite Ribbon (20% All resistance) instead, and all of his resistance percentages came to 36%.

Goofy

• Goofy has two of the same items equipped and it still appears to be the same pattern of 3% less (not counting blizzard).
  • I unequipped the Cosmic Belt + and kept both buster bands and it was 1% less than the total 20%. It was the same 19% with only cosmic belt + and buster band.

I can't seem to find a pattern at all and no one online has touched on it. Is there a simple solution that I'm missing? I don't know if their magic or levels have any kind of effect or not. Ideally I would like to find items that provide them with the max amount of resistance but I don't understand the math they're using here.

Help?

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I am trying to figure out how KH calculates the percentage of magic resistance when you equip armor to a character.

Sora

View attachment 11778

• I was expecting his resistance to be at 70% but it stopped at 58%.
  • I thought there might have been a cap but a Google search shows that the cap for KH3 is 68%.
  • I also saw someone state that the resistance stacks but does not add. However the poster did not mention how.
Donald

View attachment 11779

• Here both should add up to 35%. It appears that the resistance is 3% less. I noticed the same thing with Goofy.
  • I thought that the percentage might be calculated differently if they are from the same item set (i.e. Cosmic armor)but couldn't find a pattern.
  • I re-equipped Donald with Acrisius and Petite Ribbon (20% All resistance) instead, and all of his resistance percentages came to 36%.

Goofy

View attachment 11780

• Goofy has two of the same items equipped and it still appears to be the same pattern of 3% less (not counting blizzard).
  • I unequipped the Cosmic Belt + and kept both buster bands and it was 1% less than the total 20%. It was the same 19% with only cosmic belt + and buster band.

I can't seem to find a pattern at all and no one online has touched on it. Is there a simple solution that I'm missing? I don't know if their magic or levels have any kind of effect or not. Ideally I would like to find items that provide them with the max amount of resistance but I don't understand the math they're using here.

Help?
I don't have an exact answer, and perhaps someone else will be able to help more, but my guess is that the percentages stack but not on the same sum.

Hmm.... An example would be if you had something with 20% resistance on. Bringing a theoretical 100 down to 80%.then that becomes the new 100% that the next item's resistance applies to.

I'm not that great at math so I can't check it to see if I'm right :p

Lulcy

Awards
For a bit of math:

Percent" means "per 100" or "over 100". To convert 15% to a decimal rewrite 15 percent in terms of per 100 or over 100.

15% = 15 over 100 or,

15% = 15 ÷ 100

15 over 100 is the same as 15 divided by 100. Completing the division we get:

15 ÷ 100 = 0.15

Therefore, we have shown that

15% = 0.15

For a Simplified Conversion:

Remove the percent sign % and divide by 100.

15 ÷ 100 = 0.15

We can also stablish that 100%:

100 ÷ 100 = 1

---
With that out of the way, you can do the following:

If you're decreasing values, like 15%, you apply:

1 (which we stablished is 100% converted to decimal) - 0.15 = 0.85

If you're increasing values, like 15%, you apply:

1 + 0.15 = 1.15

-------------------------
Stacking percents just simply means multiplying the final values after doing the covertion & plus or minus math, depending on if you're doing increase or decrease:

Using your Sora example:

Ribbon = 30% decrease = 0.30 --> 1 - 0.30 = 0.70

Royal Ribbon = 40% decrease = 0.40 --> 1 - 0.40 = 0.60

Stacking them gives you:

0.70 × 0.60 = 0.42

Now do the corresponding plus/minus operation (minus in this case of damage reduction)

1 - 0.42 = 0.58

This is where that 58% came from.

Back