• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Do You Actually Summon The X-Blade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is something I think about all the time. Master Xehanort's plan defied the laws of nature (like time travelling) and so it's clearly not the expected/intended way for the X-Blade to be truly summoned. I know it requires the 13 darknesses and 7 lights, but how will 13 darknesses ever actually assemble on their own to willingly summon the one X-Blade? If they're "darknesses" wouldn't they be inclined to want the X-Blade for themselves and not share? Maybe that was the world order naturally establishing a way to make it incredibly difficult and near impossible to summon the X-Blade/Kingdom Hearts?

If that is the case, do you think we will ever see the X-Blade again? I really can't see Nomura having 13 villains team up to summon Kingdom Hearts again. However, one theory I always considered was that if nature bestowed 7 pure lights (new hearts or whatever), then maybe nature also bestows 13 darknesses? One of which could be "Darkness" from KHUX?

sakonan7

Awards
I think that's what's going on to establish pure darknesses are not necessarily evil. I can see the Master of Masters using the X-Blade. He made the first Keyblades.

D

Deleted member 252753

This is something I think about all the time. Master Xehanort's plan defied the laws of nature (like time travelling) and so it's clearly not the expected/intended way for the X-Blade to be truly summoned. I know it requires the 13 darknesses and 7 lights, but how will 13 darknesses ever actually assemble on their own to willingly summon the one X-Blade? If they're "darknesses" wouldn't they be inclined to want the X-Blade for themselves and not share? Maybe that was the world order naturally establishing a way to make it incredibly difficult and near impossible to summon the X-Blade/Kingdom Hearts?
Maybe the extreme difficulty of the 13 darknesses assembling is the point. Luxu's Secret Reports make a big deal of the 'Chosen One', a 'Keyblade master dedicated to darkness' eventually arising after a very long time, so I think Xehanort is very special. I guess because he can control the darkness and not be controlled by it, like the MoM says .

And as for 13 darknesses working together, the central idea of the Real Organisation XIII (though very poorly realised), is that they all bear Xehanort's heart, so all 13 darknesses stem from the one.

Zetsumei

Awards
The x-blade wasn't 'summoned' exactly, but rather 'reforged' or repaired in a sense. The original x-blade was said to have been formed from Kingdom Hearts itself and served as a means for protecting Kingdom Hearts. Over time, people began to covet the power of Kingdom Hearts and sought to control the X-blade for themselves. This led to the first Keyblade War, and as a result the X-blade was shattered into the 7 fragments of Light and 13 fragments of darkness. The 7 fragments of light would come to reside within the hearts of the 7 princesses of heart. What became of the 13 fragments of darkness is unknown.

Ultimately, Xehanort sought to restore the X-blade by gathering 13 seekers of darkness to clash with 7 guardians of light and succeeded in doing so in KH3. What seems to have happened is the original X-blade has now been restored, and Xehanort bequeathed it to Sora at the end of KH3. So in theory, Sora now possesses the X-blade for himself and the power to control Kingdom Hearts. Knowing Sora though, he probably will be clueless as to how to properly summon and control the thing, and will have to go on some quest to learn how to use it, much like he had to do to learn to use the power of waking.

Also it's very likely that the Luxu/MoM/Fortellers gang have it on their agenda to take back the X-blade from Sora now that it has been reforged in the present time. Knowing what happened to it previously though, they probably can't simply forcibly take it from Sora for fear of it shattering once again.

I'm sure there's probably some light and darkness living in perfect harmony trope involved here somewhere.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe the extreme difficulty of the 13 darknesses assembling is the point. Luxu's Secret Reports make a big deal of the 'Chosen One', a 'Keyblade master dedicated to darkness' eventually arising after a very long time, so I think Xehanort is very special. I guess because he can control the darkness and not be controlled by it, like the MoM says .

And as for 13 darknesses working together, the central idea of the Real Organisation XIII (though very poorly realised), is that they all bear Xehanort's heart, so all 13 darknesses stem from the one.
That was what I'm questioning. Xehanort is the one that all thirteen darknesses come from, so it's not actually thirteen separate darknesses, but rather one dark heart split up. Without time travel and replicas, how would one come up with 13 pure darknesses? There are 7 pure lights spread out in the worlds, but what about the darkness?
The x-blade wasn't 'summoned' exactly, but rather 'reforged' or repaired in a sense. The original x-blade was said to have been formed from Kingdom Hearts itself and served as a means for protecting Kingdom Hearts. Over time, people began to covet the power of Kingdom Hearts and sought to control the X-blade for themselves. This led to the first Keyblade War, and as a result the X-blade was shattered into the 7 fragments of Light and 13 fragments of darkness. The 7 fragments of light would come to reside within the hearts of the 7 princesses of heart. What became of the 13 fragments of darkness is unknown.

Ultimately, Xehanort sought to restore the X-blade by gathering 13 seekers of darkness to clash with 7 guardians of light and succeeded in doing so in KH3. What seems to have happened is the original X-blade has now been restored, and Xehanort bequeathed it to Sora at the end of KH3. So in theory, Sora now possesses the X-blade for himself and the power to control Kingdom Hearts. Knowing Sora though, he probably will be clueless as to how to properly summon and control the thing, and will have to go on some quest to learn how to use it, much like he had to do to learn to use the power of waking.

Also it's very likely that the Luxu/MoM/Fortellers gang have it on their agenda to take back the X-blade from Sora now that it has been reforged in the present time. Knowing what happened to it previously though, they probably can't simply forcibly take it from Sora for fear of it shattering once again.

I'm sure there's probably some light and darkness living in perfect harmony trope involved here somewhere.
Does Sora control the X-Blade now? I mean, what happened to it after KH3? Does it just go away after the Keyblade War to be reforged? In BbS, I can understand how it vanishes because it wasn't forged properly.

I am very interested in the 13 fragments of darkness. I wish Nomura would go into this lore further.

D

Deleted member 252753

I am very interested in the 13 fragments of darkness. I wish Nomura would go into this lore further.
Yeah, I agree. Especially seeing as the Keyblade War in X doesn't seem to have anything to do with 13 darknesses or the X-blade. Is there some hidden connection?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, I agree. Especially seeing as the Keyblade War in X doesn't seem to have anything to do with 13 darknesses or the X-blade. Is there some hidden connection?
I didn't play KHX, but wasn't their war just keyblade wielders all fighting each other for the X-Blade? I assume that within that mass of wielders there must have been pure light and darkness... but who knows.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The multiple No Names just confused me even more. So each clash just makes a key that happens to look like No Name? Are they implying that the weapon has to be forged between parties led by a Keyblade wielders? What happens if there's no Keyblade in the conflict? They never specified that it had to be Keybearers, only the amount of darkness and light.

D

Deleted member 252753

I didn't play KHX, but wasn't their war just keyblade wielders all fighting each other for the X-Blade? I assume that within that mass of wielders there must have been pure light and darkness... but who knows.
In KHX the five unions are battling over Lux and I don't think the X-blade is mentioned

D

Deleted member 252753

Does Lux(u) summon Kingdom Hearts? What is that?
Lux are particles of light that Keyblade Wielders gather from defeating Heartless. Lux is actually a commodity in the game used for player growth. [Edit: I think it's used as a score for each player and Union actually] In Back Cover, Gula says that he needs Lux to summon Kingdom Hearts, though doesn't explain the exact mechanism.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The multiple No Names just confused me even more. So each clash just makes a key that happens to look like No Name? Are they implying that the weapon has to be forged between parties led by a Keyblade wielders? What happens if there's no Keyblade in the conflict? They never specified that it had to be Keybearers, only the amount of darkness and light.

No Name is supposedly the most ancient-surviving man-made Keyblade in existence, so it'd makes sense that its functionalities might be different from what other Keyblades could do. Or, Master Xehanort knows how to form all the pieces necessary to create the X-Blade and this ability isn't necessarily tied to No Name itself (but how he learned this between the time of BBS and DDD, we don't know, cause originally he just thought a strong Light and a strong Dark should qualify).

But in order to form the X-Blade, it doesn't have to be Keyblade wielders. Xehanort had plans to use the new Seven Hearts (well six, because Kairi is a Guardian and a wielder) as a backup if the 7 Guardians of Light didn't find all their members in time.

D

Deleted member 252753

(but how he learned this between the time of BBS and DDD, we don't know, cause originally he just thought a strong Light and a strong Dark should qualify).
Strangely, In DDD Master Xehanort suggests that he did know about the 7 lights and 13 darknesses back in BBS, which is why he got Maleficent to seek out the 7 hearts, but 'lost sight of the proper way' to achieve his goal and so decided to give the Ventus/Vanitas thing a go, even though he knew it wasn't how it was meant to be done. Xehanort is an odd evil mastermind. I guess he planned for his failure in BBS, which is why he made Terra his vessel.

DarknessInZero

Not sure how you can make assumptions while stating you didn't play perhaps the biggest piece of lore that Nomura has conceived. No joke.

As said, the War that KHUX shows us was a preconceived event orchestrated by the MoM and his five disciples. the X-Blade is never once mentioned, the fighting was all manipulated by the Master to ensure a Keyblade War begins.

He also mentions of yet another ancient Keyblade War which we have not seen where presumably the X-Blade was attempted to be made but nothing confirmed.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe we saw No Name because the Keyblade is connected to Master Xehanort's heart. I imagine that the 13 pieces will be a reflection of the summoner's Keyblade that will then turn into the xblade. Wouldn't make much sense for someone who doesn't have a Keyblade to wield the xblade.

Back