• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you get into Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Heleran

My older sister got me into the series back in 2007. I started somewhat late into the series. I wouldn't truly love the franchise until later.
I loved Kingdom Hearts 1 and instantly viewed it as one of the best PS2 games of all time. I liked KH2 despite my many nitpicks with it's story, presentation, and characters. I tried playing Re:Chain of Memories but failed horribly at the card system and just watched the cutscenes on Youtube. Really good story. After that I took a mini break from the series.

When 358/2 Days came out in 2009 I wasn't that interested at first. I played it in 2010, and it was the first game since KH1 where I was in love with everything. It solidified KH becoming my favorite gaming series. Birth By Sleep was next, I had lots of fun with it but hurt my hands with the PSP button mashing. I'll never forget playing the game at my college while waiting for my next class. This was the last KH game I got to play for awhile though because I didn't have a 3DS for Dream Drop Distance.

Watched the ReCoded and DDD cutscenes online around 2012. Then took big hiatus until 2018's Frozen trailer. Been back in the series full time ever since, and collected many of the games, books, hats, and other goodies. And that's like the short version of my entire history with this series.
I cant believe you like 358/2 days!!! I couldnt get past the fight with the sky beast on neverland. Also, KH RE:CHAIN OF MEMORIES WAS SOOOO GOOD(Vexen was a trash boss)!!!

sephydark

Awards
The year after the first game came out I got it as a Christmas present along with a PS2. I was in high school at the time and thought that Disney movies were kiddy stuff that I'd grown out of, but I still gave it a try and kept playing because I thought the combat was fun. I never really warmed up to the Disney elements but I did end up liking the main story a lot, which surprised me not only because I expected it to be some licensed game for little kids, but also because for some reason I had been convinced up until then that Adventure games were the only genre that could have a good story.

While I was getting excited about KH2 coming out I rewatched a bunch of Disney movies and realized that what I remembered as me growing out of them was actually a decline in quality towards the end of the Disney Renaissance, and a lot of them were actually great movies by anyone's standards (especially Beauty and the Beast). Needless to say, I enjoyed the Disney elements in KH2 a lot more than I did in the first game.

Grey Skies

Awards
My mom is a big fan of Disney, so when she saw the commercial for the first game, she went out and bought the game. I was kind of skeptical when I saw the commercials and when I saw her playing it, but after playing it myself I realized it was fucking awesome. I've been a fan of the series since then. I played pretty much every game as soon as it came out up through the PS3 remasters.

Foxycian

Awards
I saw a poster of it when I was a kid and ever since then it was a joyful ride with family and friends!

Henryp

Awards
2003/2004, I can't remember the exact year. I know KH2 was already confirmed to be a thing but CoM wasn't out yet so, somewhere there.

I was 10-11-12 years old at the time. Use to be very present in Digimon and Harry Potter Spanish forums (oh the old days), and one day I saw a signature of another user that had Riku and Donald in it and it intrigued me. Some research on the web, and I found there was this game crossover of KH and FF, which I knew what it was but wasn't yet into it. My parents got me my KH copy for Christmas. At the time I didn't have a memory card, so I had to keep the ps2 running at night during the Christmas until new year when I finally got one. I remember my first save file was in 100 acred woods. It became my favorite game and still is, and I became a fan. I had some cousins over the day I defeated Ansem, and cried like a baby (well I was almost a baby) with the ending.

I've been very invested in the series ever since. Got my low moments, like KH2 not meeting my expectations and the apparition of several games in a row that I kinda dislike more than I actually enjoy. However, the series has give me so many good moments, that games like BbS and KH3 click something inside me that makes me feel like a 11 years old again.

horto12485

Awards
So i was 10 Years Old and i saw the Disney Channel Special called the Secret Lab and it included a Sneak Peek of this Game Called Kingdom Hearts and it got me Interested and it had Disney Properties like Aladdin, Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Alice in Wonderland and The Lion King (In form of Simba being a Summon) and it got me Psyched that's where i got it on Christmas 2002 along with the Playstation 2 this got me started into the Generation of the Playstation Game System

ChaosStark

Awards
I was introduced to the series by a friend. I distinctly remember us sitting around playing Nintendo DS games, and how I'd brought my Action Replay. My friend asked to borrow it for this game called Kingdom Hearts. I let her borrow the AR, and she let me watch her play the game over her shoulder. Funny thing was that the AR somehow corrupted her save file, so she had to start the whole game over. I felt terrible, but she took it really well- something about how she'd been meaning to replay it anyway, I think. So I got to watch the opening parts of the game and was fascinated- everything looked pretty cool, and I'd always liked fantasy stories.

It was a couple years after that when I was deciding what I wanted for Christmas when I thought of that game my friend had been playing, and so I decided to ask for it. Not remembering the title completely, I wrote "Kingdom Hearts 365 1/2 Days" on my list. I ended up getting the right game anyway, because, as I was told, "It was the only one with numbers." I spent about a week playing the story mode, got bored of Roxas, and... promptly switched to mission mode to find a character I liked better. It was a couple years later that I learned the Organization were actually the villains and that the character I ended up liking was destined to die, so... that's when I decided to give Dream Drop Distance a try. Sora annoyed me, but Riku seemed okay, so I went along with it, was able to get through the game for the most part and have a good time doing so. DDD gave nice summaries for the other games, so I was finally able to know what was going on (sort of).

I recently got a PS3, so now I can play the final mix versions! But I only have the collection that includes KH2, BBS, and the Coded movie. Somehow, though, my patchy experience with the series was enough to keep me interested- I ended up watching game footage and reading a lot of summaries online- and I'm still following this thing... It's more about the lore and the world than anything else, since I don't care much for the main characters or Disney in general, and have no experience whatsoever with Final Fantasy. I guess it's more of the idea of the series that keeps me engaged- all of these different elements in a wild story that could probably go on forever. It's great material for role-playing, which I do a lot of with another friend of mine.

Katsagu

Awards
I must have been like 8 years old. I went to one of my best friends bday party at the time.

Everyone was playing tony hawk in turns, and then my friend told me he had a game to show me since he knew I enjoyed final fantasy. And he brings out this game with the raddest cover I've seen, it was shiny and the case was black. It was KH2 and I instantly loved the look of the cover and it's characters. So we decided that I would stay there and play the game a bit after everyone had stopped playing tony hawk, and oh damn, I just loved playing that intro with roxas and skating around twilight town for a bit.

He was also cool enough to lend me the game afterwards since he would be playing the new games he got in his bday. So that's how it started, I played through it, got stuck on demix and then had to give the game back to him. What followed were years of looking up stuff about KH on youtube, watching the cutscenes and all of that to know the story, hearing music and finding out about what other games the series had. (I could never find any of the games on stores here in Portugal for some reason)

I was a full blown KH fan without owning any game. This only changed when I got BBS after following its release cycle. It was amazing to finally own a KH game.

Back