• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you find out about KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody Master

I was just wondering how people found out about KH, and decided to find out :p

For me, a friend showed it to me. At first I thought he was crazy, playing a game with Donald Duck on the front... but I decided to try it out and found out that... I really couldn't be bothered playing on.

BUT about a year later KH2 came out. I decided to buy it because I remembered the game and thought that I may as well give it another shot. My mistake was thinking that it was a collecter's edition of KH1 or something like that (because of the silver box) and the front of the box wasn't that clear that it was the second game. It was only when I got home that I discovered that the spine read Kingdom Hearts 2! I thought I may as well play it anyway, and was hooked instantly.

It was only when I completed it that I decided to try out the first game again, and found that it was much more enjoyable the second time round, even though I played the games in the wrong order!

So, what about you?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
ROM'd the original CoM. Thought there was no way that was real. Played it regardless. The rest is history.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I first began playing KH when KH2 was released about a year ago o_O

I saw KH2 in a department store,thought that the boxart was so pretty,did a bit research,found out quite much,and it convinced me,then Igot KH for christmas =) That's my story

O

Oberon

Well, in 2003, I saw those KH commercials and thought KH was the faggotest thing ever. Then I saw my bro play it and it looked a little like FF for some reason (since he was battling sephiroth). So I played it a bit, didn't get past Destiny Islands though. I heard KHII was coming out and decided that I wanted KHII to be a great experience, so I played all the way through KH1 100%.

And I'm still playing it. xD True story.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I first found out from the commercial on Disney Channel "Disney's Secret Lab" I loved that Nutcracker Remix song, and after I saw KH on it the first time, I'd always wait for it to come on again so I could watch it. Then I watched the commercials.

I just wished they had done the Disney's Secret Lab thing for KH2 too, they only did it for KH and CoM.

Cloudemyx

My uncle told me about it some weeks before it was released in Europe. He said it was a kind of RPG like game with Final Fantasy characters and Disney. I loved to watch my uncle play games on PS1 back in 1997 and the games, for me, seemed so advanced and difficult ( Final Fantasy VII..), so when I heard Disney (I loved and still love Disney) was going to be fused into a game with the Final Fantasy characters I admired so much, I was crazy for it.

Last edited:

Halibel

??Storm??
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well a few years back I was in a video game rental store and I always saw the Kingdom Hearts game but it was always gone, so one day when I was there the games was there so I decided to check it out. I rented it for a week and feel in love with it. Couple months after that I brought the game and so yeah.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
i bought the game really soon after it came out
i saw it in stores and heard something about it took like 10 years to make
and thought, "if anyone has this much time to spend making a game, i might as well play it"
the rest is history

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
well when i was in third grade i always saw the commercials for KH, and i REALLY loved the song in the commercial,which was simple and clean , so 3 years later i got it.(because that was when i got my ps2.)

Charlie K

Back in Business
Friend showed me the game like one year after it came out, instant love for the game, although I sucked at it. And I was borrowing it from my freind, but I finally got it for my Birthday/Christmas, I didn't know which it was for.lol.

No.XV_Keyblader

My sister's friend got Kh1 when it first came out and we never got passed Traverse Town. Then I heard KH2 was comin out out and I didn't want to get it. But then I saw a vid on youtube and it looked awsome so I bought it but didn't play it till I got to The End Of The World in KH1.

Roxas540

I saw the first game at blockbuster for rent about four years ago, wanted to play it, got it for christmas, was really fun, got COM for birthday, and then bought KH2 when it came out and I'm probably going to buy the other KH games that come out.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Well, a few years ago, I got Kingdom Hearts for my brithday (probably because it just came out and evryone was hearing about it). I looked at it and I'm thinking (Disney....o....k......), and I tried it. So confusing. Didn't get past Destiny Islands.
Then, last October, about whole year from now, I tried it again. And I beat it. And it was the best game ever. All the stuff I had missed! So I immediately had to buy CoM. I beat it. Then I bought KH2. I beat it.
Now, the problem is, I have a PS2 and a GBA, and when I heard about the three new games for NDS, PSP, and a mobile phone that it itself isn't even out yet, well, I didn't have any of them! 358/2 Days was the one I'm most anticipating, so I went out and boughta DS Lite, and now I'm planning on winning this free PSP by referring 5 friends to this thing. And then I can just get a phone when it comes out! :thumbsup: That's how dedicated I am to this wonderful series!

Tensuke

I was busy finding Roms for my GBA Emulator. I stumbled on KH: CoM, and decided to play it. Then i got hooked.

roxas64

well when i was in 5th grade my friend showed it to me im like sure ok ill try it, i did and i loved it

{friend got stuck on destiny islands and he lvl up to about lvl 30 or something fighting riku lol}

J

jarm13

I saw comercials for CoM got that for chistmace played kh did not get passed deep jungal beat kh2 in 2 -3 days and 2 months after beat kh

road to oblivion

my dad got kh1 for my lil sis and i played it a year later, i beat it (my dad had to help me with this one part at the islands) then when i beat it kh2 was out beat it, then my lil sis bout chain of memories and i beat it and thats it

I<3Roxas

Watched TV and thought it was awesome >.< Got it for Christmas that year :D Got CoM for christmas the year it came out too and bought KH II the day it came out!

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
To be quite honest, I saw a commercial for it on TV. It was in 2002, the same year it came out. It looked really awesome, and I decided to play it. I loved it ever since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back