• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you fall in love with Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel2178

Can't believe I got stuck on Demyx and gave up for about a year and a half I only completed KH2 in mid 2007 :/ I realised I was too short levelled to beat him. Beating Sephiroth was probably the best feeling in KH2.

khandbz

My mom was getting her hair done at my cousins and i saw my older cousin playing kingdom hearts 2. I was like what the heck is this bull. But when he explained it to me I wanted it. I wanted it bad like the guy you have a crush on bad. So all i said to my dad was i want kingdom hearts 2 and 2 days later I'm playing it. Omg Demyx i hate your sitar.lol:cool::tongue:

khandbz

Can't believe I got stuck on Demyx and gave up for about a year and a half I only completed KH2 in mid 2007 :/ I realised I was too short levelled to beat him. Beating Sephiroth was probably the best feeling in KH2.
same thing here laughing out loud:tongue:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
When I think back, it’s actually pretty funny. Okay, here it is. I was in 8th grade, art class I believe. My now best friend and then friend Brian, was talking to a couple other classmates, Aiden and Josh, and something called a Keyblade. Now, mind you, I knew nothing of what a Keyblade was, so I didn’t know what they were talking about. This was the time of the year where the art project we were doing was something made out of clay and the three of them were making Keyblades for the project. I was interested in this thing called a Keyblade, so I asked and then they told me. What they told me was that this Keyblade is the main weapon in the Kingdom Hearts series. At this point, I was more confused, but just as equally interested.

The more I asked about Kingdom Hearts, the more I became excited about it and when I asked Brian to borrow it, the next day he let me borrow it and when I got home from school that day, I didn’t go strait to my homework, but rather I put the Kingdom Hearts I disk into my PS2 and began my adventure into the magical universe of Kingdom Hearts. Four days later, I found myself in Hollow Bastion and let’s just say that I was asking questions after another after another. It wasn’t until I knew what I was doing thanks to a handy dandy strategy guide Brian let me borrow and I found myself on Dark Riku and it took me a good while, but I beat him, and then it was onto Ansem and from then on I fell in love with the series.

Roxas21691

Pure coincidence really. I just had finished Final Fantasy X, and asked a friend of mine to borrow me Final Fantasy X-2, but he brought Kingdom Hearts instead. Since it was weekend and i had nothing to do i decided to play the game. No need to say i loved the game and KH is today my favourite franchise :D

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Kingdom Hearts was my first vidoe game. My sister bought it for me for my birthday back in 2003. I never knew about PS2 or about its amazing game. When I put the game inside the console I was petrified for how real it look. The characters, the graphics everything. I even still hymns sometimes the theme song while I'm in the shower XDD But yeah, that's why I love Kingdom Hearts :]

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That commercial
That boxart
That tutorial boss
That carefree-ass island
Traverse Town
DISNEY
Boss battles
DARKNESS

Disney and Final Fantasy baked together into one big bag of goodies, plus i grew up on Disney when I was little, so it was no surprised that i got into the game. now i can replay this game in hd in a couple weeks!

Santiago

I don't remember the year I was introduced to it, but I remember very vividly how it happened.One night, my brother decided to sleep over at one of his good friend's house. I was very young at the time, too young to stay alone, so I had to accompany my mother the day after to pick him up. I arrive at the house and almost immediately my mother gets lost in a conversation with my brother's friend's mom. I figured that this was going to take awhile, so I decided to check out what my brother was doing.

I walk in on both of them attempting the infamous Rikunort battle in Hallow Bastion, and I remember being amazed by how pretty and colorful the game looked, especially during the cutscenes. I hadn't seen anything like it. I was too shy to ask if I could be allowed to play it, so I just watched them fail time after time against Rikunort in silence, but I still remember wanting to play it so badly.

My brother seemed to have liked the game too, seeing as we bought our own copy of the game shortly afterwards. Since my brother and I didn't understand how to properly play video games back then, we just muddled our way through the games just spamming X and eventually beat the game a month after buying it. I remember trembling when I was about to beat the game for the first time ever, and being filled with happiness when I delivered the final blow against something I once thought impossible.

It was a good day that day.

One thing lead to another, and I decided to follow the series up until the present, and here we are now.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
It was when I saw the official trailer and was
whisked away by the kid with the spiky brown
hair and a huge key he used as a weapon. Later that year
when it came out my friend already got it and was playing
and it looks so wonderful (in Alice in wonderland ) And thats
when I saw Riku and was really like, I NEED THIS GAME!

Sora's Heart

Awards
My introduction to Kingdom Hearts was quite...unusual. Back in 2005 or 2006. Certainly around rhe time KHII was about to be realeased. There was a RP (sadly long dead now.) on a Forum I frequent. A RP where you could play as any character from any cartoon, any anime, any movie, any game, any ANYTHiNG! I played as some pokemon and characters from a cartonn I liked. Another member, who I still chat to on Skype now and again used to RP as Sora. I was a little confused because back then the only Sora I knew was one of the girls from the Digimon anime, and the Sora he was RPing was always referred to as a "he". Anyway This guy began to Portray sora less and less frequently until he stopped altogether.

But other members began portraying other characters from the franchise. Mainly Roxas and Namine. (sp?) I eventually asked where these characters where from and someone (Can't remember who.) mentioned Kingdom Hearts. Around the same time. (Maybe a month or two afterwards.) I saw the KHII commercial on TV. I remember being intrigued by the various Disney Characters and liking the music that played. (Sanctuary) But it wasn't until a little later (Can't remember when exactly) That I finally got the game.

I was in GAME (A game store in the UK) looking for a decent game to play and I spotted KHII I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. I had a nose around the rest of the store before purchasing and was lucky enough to come across the first game aswell. So I ended up buying both lol. I went home, plopped KH 1 into the PS2, watched the opening scene with awe and simply just enjoying the experience. (But man Cebirus was HARD!) Heck I finally knew who Sora was and grew rather attached to him as the series went on. Seriously I freaking LOVE the guy (If my username wasn't a dead giveaway.) I can't wait to join him again in KHIII!

So I guess it was my curiosity that made me fall in love with the series lol.

soranjaxx

I saw Kingdom Hearts in the game aisle.I really liked disney stuff and the cover looked really interesting. I bought the game and loved it ever since and I'm hooked on it now

doortolight

Awards
just after the christmas my I got my ps2 I went to walmart for a couple games nothing really looked good, saw kingdom hearts didn't think much of it but thought well considering these options I guess this will do. got home played it and fell in love

Swednapper

It pretty much all started when my father rented me the game from a local shop. I got to choose any game I wanted, and if I remember it right I found some interest in Ratchet&Clank and Kingdom Hearts. Being 7 years old at the time I choose Kingdom Hearts because I saw Donald and Goofy on the cover. I started the game and pretty much fell for everything about the game, the characters, the keyblade and I found the music to be stunning. And even though I didn't understand a word in the game (being Swedish), I just loved it and at Christmas that year I got the game. I were an happy boy.

Since then I have been a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts. Or rather. Obsessed of Kingdom Hearts. I wonder how many time per day I am singing Kingdom Hearts songs for myself... One thing is for sure, I won't forget the tunes for the Traverse Town theme.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I saw a commercial for it around August 2002, possibly in a movie theatre just before the previews or on the same day i went to see a movie, and thought it was interesting because of the Disney characters.
However, it was a month or so later when I saw a copy in a local video store that I played it and fell in love. I was certainly thankful to have had a PS2 by then or I would never have gotten the game! By the end of Dive to the Heart, I was completely hooked! Couldn't get past Clayton and the Stealth Sneak before the five days was up. Might've rented again, but same. Got the game for Christmas and the rest is history!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I first knew of Kingdom Hearts from my cousin. He was playing it one day when I came to stay over at his house.

What really struck me was the fact that there were a few FF-ish terms like Thundara, Cura, Blizzara, Potions and Ethers, etc. in a game that features Donald and Goofy (I didn't know who this guy in red was and who on earth would fight wacky creatures with a key). Then I took a look at the boxart and saw SquareSoft and Disney's logos. Having played Square's games like FF, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, among others and being a rather rare 13-year-old Disney liker I was back then (goodness, time flies. Has it really been 11 years?), I became instantly immersed in the game.

When I got back home, I asked my parents to buy the game for me. They did the next day, which was Monday, but since I was prohibited from playing games during weekdays, I had to wait until the following Saturday. When I finally got to play it... well, let's just say I knew that I would be a lifetime fan of Kingdom Hearts.

Gotta thank my cousin for this, and now I'm even a bigger fan than he is. If they could talk, the Play Arts figures I have with me right now can vouch for it.

And just for fun, what's funny is that it's because of KHII that every time I see a person's name with the letter X, my mind immediately takes it out of the word and rearranges the remaining letters into another name that makes sense. I still do it until now...

shaneycat2012

Banned
omg nobody wants me to get started on how jazzed up i was about this game . at the start my grandad was like going to some car boot sale and he got meh KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS an i thought to myself ' Oh here we go again a boring game i will hate ' because thats how i am like XD ... anyway ... as i started to play it i just got so into it and i didnt wanna stop playing . i started to collect a few of them all i have so far would be : kh3d , re:codded , kh 358/2 and i will be getting birth by sleep soon . i started playing all this since i was 7 0-0 i did not stop at any point during the day just like today XD . lets just say i am CRAZY over roxas , axel , demyx , riku and zexion . so basically my reaction to it at first was the worst that anybody could think of but then as i played on i just changed ... which i do not noramlly do OVER A GAME . kingdom hearts is just like my life i cant get enough of it ... even when i am older i would probably never stop playing kingdom hearts XD

Last edited:

1ofamillion

Awards
I remember always seeing the commercial for it when I was younger, and I instantly fell in love with it. I asked for it and a playstation 2 for christmas, and that's exactly what I got :)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I was a huge Disney kid back in the day, so when Kingdom Hearts was first announced, I loved the idea immediately. I kept begging my parents to get a PS2 for Christmas that year along with the game. They constantly told me that they couldn't afford it, which brought my hopes of ever playing it down lower and lower. But on that Christmas day, it had turned out that my parents and a few other family members all pitched in so that I could have a PS2 and Kingdom Hearts. I was super excited and screaming "thank you!" a million times. When I played it, that love for the game I had already had before playing it, just grew and grew.

King Nickey

Back in the day when I was like 12-13 years old, I just Went to the store and saw KH1. I was examining the cover in my hands and thought that this might be a decent game, and asked my dad to buy it. So he did, and I fell in love with the game ever since the simple and clean started. Best game series, just loved KH ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back