• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Xehanort know to be on Destiny Islands during KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So I was rewatching Theater Mode for DDD and I was a little confused on something. I know that Xehanort's heartless was in Destiny Islands during KH1 and because of that he was able to appear at the beginning of the game and put the Recusant's Sigil on Sora. But how did Xehanort/Ansem SoD know to go to Destiny Islands the night it fell to darkness? When YX is taking Sora through memories towards the end of the game Sora asks the same question and YX just says "Simple" and then the next memory in Traverse Town starts without answering the question. Thoughts?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ansem Report 11 said:
Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.
Ansem SoD threw Kairi out of the world in hopes she'll land in one that has a Keyblade wielder. She landed in Destiny Islands, so he eventually went there and then KHI happened.

This is why we see Kairi fly out of the cave after Young Xehanort answers with "Simple."

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ This. Kairi was the answer. Ansem, like Young Xehanort himself, was still time tampering at that point as well so it's likely he knew enough of what to do to set up DDD.
It's beyond there that it gets confusing to me cause up till Ansem stole Riku's body he was a disembodied heart and outside times flow which means he should've known more than he appeared.
Though I guess that easy to explain away since once Ansem stole Riku's body he was no longer outside time and thus likely had a repressed memory situation like Young Xehanort when he returns to his own time.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ansem SoD threw Kairi out of the world in hopes she'll land in one that has a Keyblade wielder. She landed in Destiny Islands, so he eventually went there and then KHI happened.

This is why we see Kairi fly out of the cave after Young Xehanort answers with "Simple."

I forgot about that report. And now the "Simple" makes sense. Thank you muchly!

^ This. Kairi was the answer. Ansem, like Young Xehanort himself, was still time tampering at that point as well so it's likely he knew enough of what to do to set up DDD.
It's beyond there that it gets confusing to me cause up till Ansem stole Riku's body he was a disembodied heart and outside times flow which means he should've known more than he appeared.
Though I guess that easy to explain away since once Ansem stole Riku's body he was no longer outside time and thus likely had a repressed memory situation like Young Xehanort when he returns to his own time.

That would make sense if that's what happened. When he took over Riku and got his own body, that would count as him returning to his time and "losing" those memories from the time travel.

SoraForeverKH

What (FudgemintGuardian) put was the perfect answer.
It was Kairi/the seventh princess of Light who revealed to Xehanort/Ansem where Sora and Riku, the next Keyblade wielders since BBS could be found.
When I first read that report written by Xehanort/Ansem I was so surprised! I just couldn't believe the whole cause for Kairi being swept off her home as a young child was because of Xehanort throwing her into Darkness intensionally!
That is such a cruel thing to do to a little five year old girl. But then...I guess that's Xehanort for you.

But she wasn't only brought to Destiny Islands because of her connection with the Keyblade. Though I would like to believe this was done beyond Xehanort's knowledge, I can't be sure, but in BBS, right after Aqua meets Kairi back in Radiant Garden(Kairi's home) face to face she can already sense a strong pure Light inside the small red head, a Light special enough that both Aqua and King Mickey fought the Unversed to protect her. Then, just before departing, Aqua is seen and explains that she has just used her magic to cast a protection charm on the young girl, (which is shown to be hidden inside her neckless which she always wears in every game.)
The spell is said protect if one day she should ever find herself in trouble, (which is something Aqua must feel sure of for her to already show concern for the little girl,) and the Light within her own heart will lead her to another one with a special heart of Light.(Though not quite in the same way as a princess of Heart, obviously.)This is how Kairi finds herself on an unfamiliar Island after she wakes from her rough journey off of her own World. And it truly wasn't long before she was found by,(more than likely the one her Light brought her to as according to the spell put there by Aqua,) Sora.
Lol It's not really a wonder why Sora and Kairi care so much about each other. It is almost like destiny had it for them to meet long before they met! Haha.
But Xehanort makes me sick! He ruins every life he comes in contact with.

The only mystery that remains about the Keyblade connection being the reason for her finding Destiny Islands is because of the fact both Riku and Sora are Keyblade wielders. Riku was already destined to be a Keyblade wielder after he met Terra and had the successor ceremony performed for him when he was only five. While Sora on the other hand, he was chosen by another wielder, he had a connection in another way because of Ventus' heart sleeping inside his own, another Keyblade bearer. So the only way that makes sense for him to have the ability is because of that connection.In KH 1 is when their hidden abilities to wield the Keyblade awakens for Sora and Riku, though Riku isn't seen with one until long after they leave/are taken away from their home. Instead, Sora is shown with the Key. Then it is said that the Kingdom Key was meant to be Riku's, but the weapon changed its mind after sensing his inner Darkness and went with Sora.
So the question is: Who was the Keyblade wielder that shared the connection with the young princess of heart, Kairi?
Was it Sora? Was it Riku? Or was it actually both of them?
That hasn't quite been fully explained in the game, but it is something to wonder about. Because I doubt when Xehanort/Ansem sent Kairi off of her World for his own experiment to locate the next 'Key' he expected she would lead him to two Keyblade bearers.

Last edited:

SoraForeverKH

I did have that top comment typed in paragraphs, but either my Android or the site wouldn't post it the right way I had it. So sorry about it being all smooched together like that. I tried fixing it three times! Aaah!

Gram

Banned
Awards
The only mystery that remains about the Keyblade connection being the reason for her finding Destiny Islands is because of the fact both Riku and Sora are Keyblade wielders. Riku was already destined to be a Keyblade wielder after he met Terra and had the successor ceremony performed for him when he was only five. While Sora on the other hand, he was chosen by another wielder, he had a connection in another way because of Ventus' heart sleeping inside his own, another Keyblade bearer. So the only way that makes sense for him to have the ability is because of that connection.In KH 1 is when their hidden abilities to wield the Keyblade awakens for Sora and Riku, though Riku isn't seen with one until long after they leave/are taken away from their home. Instead, Sora is shown with the Key. Then it is said that the Kingdom Key was meant to be Riku's, but the weapon changed its mind after sensing his inner Darkness and went with Sora.
So the question is: Who was the Keyblade wielder that shared the connection with the young princess of heart, Kairi?
Her ending up on destiny islands is likely a combination of factors. Aqua's spell was meant to take her to someone with light which Riku had so much of at the time that Terra was drawn to him and likewise Sora himself was also noticed by Aqua though only after she meet him. This combined with Kairi and the possible connection of PoH to keyblades drug her there rather than her being connected to Sora or Riku specifically as it'd be a bit impossible for her to share connections to people shes yet to meet.

And Sora never got anything from Ven. Nomura pointed that out early on in BBS interviews. Sora got a hold of Riku's keyblade by accident and like we saw in Riku, one can hold a keyblade and use it if they are strong enough even without owning it.
So if any connection caused Sora to hold a keyblade it was his ties to Riku from which he took said keyblade.

From there we know the story. Riku abandons what made him so unique to the keyblade and Terra to start with, he abandons the things that made his heart shine and the keyblade found his heart weak for it in comparison to Sora and left him.
It wasn't so much darkness but what Riku gave up in pursuit of darkness. Darkness itself isn't a concern of the keyblade which Xehanort exemplifies.

Zebedy

Awards
how did Xehanort/Ansem SoD know to go to Destiny Islands the night it fell to darkness?
Because he was the one who made it fall to darkness that night. You have it worded like you think DI falling to darkness was always going to happen so how did Xehanort know when it was going to happen, but in reality, Xehanort is the reason it fell to darkness. Hypothetically, had he chosen to wait a month and then go to DI, his plan would still work because his plan hinged on it falling to darkness by his own doing. It was an event in his control, basically.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It was an event in his control, basically.

Thanks to DDD pretty much everything up to KH3 is his doing. Even though Young Xehanort forgets he's still controlled by the memories subconsciously. He's "guided" to do what he does as Nomura put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back