• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HOW DID WE MISS THIS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Kairi calls him Lea when talking about sparring, calls him Axel when she covers him to protect from darkness.

I'm about 99% sure the one Saix was talking to was Axel and hes going to betray them again for the sake of trying to save Saix. Between being confronted by Xion and attacked by Xemnas i feel like they knew he'd do it but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

LostArtist

Awards
Yea it's weird. From all the footage we have of them, Kh2 Kairi calls him Lea while Kh3 Kairi calls him Axel. Maybe something happened before she got her new look that made her start calling him Axel?

edit: or maybe we're all just looking into this too much and she's just randomly switching between the two names when talking to him lol

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yea it's weird. From all the footage we have of them, Kh2 Kairi calls him Lea while Kh3 Kairi calls him Axel. Maybe something happened before she got her new look that made her start calling him Axel?

edit: or maybe we're all just looking into this too much and she's just randomly switching between the two names when talking to him lol

I dunno, I dont think its coincidence honestly. Theres gotta be a reason behind it.

LostArtist

Awards
I dunno, I dont think its coincidence honestly. Theres gotta be a reason behind it.

Maybe it has to do with the flow of time being different where they're training? Or maybe Lea asks Kairi and everyone to start referring to him as Axel again because he feels more like Axel? He has reclaimed that name for himself?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think there will just be a running gag that they alternate the use of his names, and it drives Lea up the wall that nobody can settle on a name for him and the response is “well you told us to memorize Axel and memorize Lea, so which one is it going to be?”

This leads to him just accepting both. I don’t think it will be any deeper than that, especially since KH3D established the name gag in the first place.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think there will just be a running gag that they alternate the use of his names, and it drives Lea up the wall that nobody can settle on a name for him and the response is “well you told us to memorize Axel and memorize Lea, so which one is it going to be?”

This leads to him just accepting both. I don’t think it will be any deeper than that, especially since KH3D established the name gag in the first place.

It could be, but idk it didnt seem like the time to be joking imo.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Well, it does presumably appear that Xemnas kills Lea, who probably turns back into his Nobody self Axel. What if...Axel becomes norted. Sounds like it would line up with Saix's plans, especially with his statement in the recent trailer.

LostArtist

Awards
To further explain my points, maybe he wanted to distance himself from the name Axel at first but then realized how much that was a part of him?

Or

maybe Kairi was one of the only ones who caught on to his new name. But then she had a slip up, and when that slip up happened Lea fully remembered Xion, so he asks her to refer to him as axel to help him keep Xion in his mind?

or perhaps it is what oracle said, a running gag.
or a mix of all of them?

LostArtist

Awards
Well, it does presumably appear that Xemnas kills Lea, who probably turns back into his Nobody self Axel. What if...Axel becomes norted. Sounds like it would line up with Saix's plans, especially with his statement in the recent trailer.

Kairi also refers to him as axel during training tho, after she has her new look

notnow123487

Awards
Honestly I think it’s just a retcon so general fans don’t get confused by every organization member having new names. Axel is the only one going by his original name right? Maybe Ienzo? I figure she calls him Kairi calls him Lea in that opening scene, and then accidentally says Axel, and so he’s like ugh just call me Axel and that’s the last we hear of it.

Wallflower3582

I have this headcanon that Lea lets Kairi (and only Kairi) call him Axel because it feels familiar and reminds him of someone he can't quite remember

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I mean...

I've been suspecting that we are going to lose Axel/Lea as one of the 'good guys' for a while. It's been foreshadowed in 3D when Mickey was chastising him about still using the dark portals, saying it is going to leave him vulnerable to darkness and he sorta just brushes it off.

Then in this trailer it looks like he gets absolutely owned in Twilight Town and then suddenly we see him get kinda chummy with Isa again? Fishy.

Also, more importantly, in one of the opening shots of the trailer, I swear it looks like Axel is one of the guys standing up on the pillars (presumably) with the other org members.

I will be incredibly surprised if he isn't in the bad gang at some point and this time Roxas or Xion (or both) are the ones who have to rescue him.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean...

I've been suspecting that we are going to lose Axel/Lea as one of the 'good guys' for a while. It's been foreshadowed in 3D when Mickey was chastising him about still using the dark portals, saying it is going to leave him vulnerable to darkness and he sorta just brushes it off.

Then in this trailer it looks like he gets absolutely owned in Twilight Town and then suddenly we see him get kinda chummy with Isa again? Fishy.

Also, more importantly, in one of the opening shots of the trailer, I swear it looks like Axel is one of the guys standing up on the pillars (presumably) with the other org members.

I will be incredibly surprised if he isn't in the bad gang at some point and this time Roxas or Xion (or both) are the ones who have to rescue him.

I think you're seeing Marluxia, I had to double take that part too.

Yeah theres no real knowing just yet but it does seem highly suspicious.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm, you're probably overthinking it. Remember, NO ONE referred to him as Lea as they should have in DDD. That's actually kind of the joke. I can't imagine that Kairi wouldn't switch in between the two. Also, there's already a scene in one of these trailers where Lea rushes into battle with his keyblade beside Kairi AT THE KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD, so I think this theory is probably dead in the water.

Pokie

This may sound stupid but isn't Axel standing in the group on the rocks at the beginning of the trailer near Demyx?

I swear you can make out a red-haired guy.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This may sound stupid but isn't Axel standing in the group on the rocks at the beginning of the trailer near Demyx?

I swear you can make out a red-haired guy.

Which one? I saw Marluxia, since the hair was so long. Pretty much right in center far pillar.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's a joke from Kairi. Maybe she calls him Lea to tease him, but she generally uses Axel. Or she just switches back and forth because it's not that important. My family switches between my actual name and nickname in the same sentence on a regular basis.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It could be, but idk it didnt seem like the time to be joking imo.

That’s why I said he just starts accepting it. It becomes normal for them to switch between his names like a name and a nickname. They know him by both names, so they call him by both names. The joke is only in that he gets frustrated and corrects people until he stops correcting them and lets them call him by either name.

Again, it’s what happens in 3D. He even gets “upset” during one of the most dramatic moments in the game before he sighs and tells them Axel is fine.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Kairi calls him Lea when talking about sparring, calls him Axel when she covers him to protect from darkness.

I'm about 99% sure the one Saix was talking to was Axel and hes going to betray them again for the sake of trying to save Saix. Between being confronted by Xion and attacked by Xemnas i feel like they knew he'd do it but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm 70 / 30 split on it right now.
I'm leaning towards it being Vexen. (He seems to be very useful for the organization; He is behind both Replica Riku and Xion... Plus he has failed them in both cases. we see both Xion and Replica Riku are back so I'm pretty sure vexen is behind them.)

Axel - The only thing that makes me think it axel Saix is talking to, is that he is literally talking to axel in the trailer though they are both un-hooded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back